The Announcement

~ Kid's Point Of View ~

During the next week, Moon and Black Star hung out every day after school. But during school, it was harder for them to see each other. They only had the first class of the day together, and that was it. But Moon had Kid to hang out with during the days. Then, finally, when a week passed, Black Star and Moon told everyone to gather after school. But Kid had other things in mind.

The school day was over. Kid decided that today would be the day to tell Moon that he liked her. "Moon, I...have to tell you something." he started.

"I have to tell you something too. Come with me to the place where everyone is gathering." Moon took hold of Kid's hand and started running with him down the hallway and to the doors of the school. She let go of his hand, because Black Star would be furious to know that she was holding hands with another guy. She opened the door. There was Black Star, standing in front of everyone, waiting for Moon. "Go stand by everyone else." Moon told Kid, and he did as he was told. That's okay...I'll just tell her after the announcement.

Black Star was the first to talk. "Moon and I have an announcement to make."

"We are dating!" Moon said aloud.

Only Patty and Katie cheered for them. Everyone else was staring at Kid, who was standing there, speechless. Liz spoke up. "If you two are dating, then kiss!" she demanded.

Moon looked at Black Star. He nodded, and they both locked lips.

"Sorry, Kid..." Liz whispered to him.

Moon...and Black Star...Are DATING?! Now I'll never be able to love her. Now I'll never have another chance. Maybe I waited too long. Or maybe...she just doesn't like me at all...Whatever. While they were kissing, Kid ran away, towards his house. Everyone but Katie followed.

Kid could hear everyone calling his name. He used his magic, and his skateboard appeared. Stepping onto it, he flew it as fast as he could back home. When he got there, he locked the door behind him, so nobody would bother him. Kid layed on the floor, and tears came streaming down his face. "What could I have done better? What did Black Star do that I didn't?"

He ended up sleeping there, with pounding on his door the next morning. Ignoring it, he tried to go back to sleep. But then, something changed his mind. "Kid! It's me, Moon! Open up!" His eyes widened, and he quickly got up and answered the door.

"Hey, Moon. What do you want?" he grumbled.

"Kid, you look awful! You look like you slept on the floor!" Moon gasped.

"Yeah...Well, about that-"

"Nevermind that. I came here because you said you had something to tell me, remember?" she tried to make him remember.

"Oh, that." he looked to the side and blushed a bit. "Nevermind. It...doesn't mean anything now." he explained. He was right though. It didn't matter at all. She loved Black Star and not him. He was glad he didn't say anything about it. He saved himself some humiliation.

"What do you mean it doesn't mean anything? Of course it does! You can tell me anything, Kid. I'm the kind of person you can trust." she reassured him.

He thought about it for a moment. "No." he turned his head away and started to shut the door. Moon stopped it with her hand.

"Why doesn't it matter anymore?" she wondered.

Kid was too upset to tell her. "Think about it. What happened between the time I told you I needed to tell you something, and the time I-" he stopped himself from saying the words 'ran away'. "And the time I went home." and then he shut the door on her. Just like that.

What did I just do? What problems will appear for me now? Why does everyone hate me!? Kid thought as he still stood in front of the door. But it was true. What problems will come up for him? He slammed he door with his fist and yelled, "Damn it!"

He walked through his house. Everything was so unsymmetrical. But he didn't care. The only thing he cared about right now was Moon.

~ Yes, this was a shorter chapter, I get it. But don't you like it so far? It gets a lot better. Trust me. ~