Chapter 28

"Well then I hope there won't be any hard feelings when I do the same."

"Just as anticipated, Lamia Scale's Jura and Fairy Tail's Lucy have bumped into each other! Will Lucy Heartfilia be able to manage after such an intense battle with Laxus?"

"I'm not sure about that Chapati, we're talking about the battle of the Wizard Saints here. Heartfilia has just encountered an even stronger opponent."

Lucy and Jura only made the crowd grow anxious as the intense stare down went on for minutes. Every second, their aura only seemed to get stronger and pressurising. So much ambience radiated from them that they didn't look like humans anymore, more like gods.

Suddenly, pillars of rocks shot up towards the sky, rocketing Lucy up into the air. She reacted quickly and landed on one of the pillars, glaring at her assaulter. 

"That was one dirty trick you pulled there."

"Unfortunately, this is how it works in the final day."

"Yeah, I can tell." 

Lucy quickly used an air control attack to push Jura into the walls but before his back could collide into the bricks, the wall opened up behind him and he was instantly swallowed into the dark building. Lucy quickly ran into the said building and looked around cautiously.

"You must have forgotten that I can control rocks and the earth. You aren't the only one who got stronger First Wizard Saint."

"Two can play the same card."

Lucy's hand shot up and pillars of rocks just like Jura's appeared behind her. They stood behind her like soldiers waiting to attack the enemy ahead. Jura's eyes widened and mouth agape only to close it into a small smirk. He knew what he got into, but it only seemed to get even more interesting when Lucy brought out one of her zodiac keys, Scorpio.

"I guess I have underestimated your powers Lucy Heartfilia."

"I mean, I'm the First Wizard Saint. What'd you expect?"

"That's true."

"But let's put our titles aside now shall we? It'll only make it obvious who the winner will be." She quickly summoned the scorpion before disappearing into thin air.

"If running away is how you win, so be it."

"I'm sure princess is much more smarter than you think she is."

"I'm fully aware of how smart she is, Scorpion"

"It's Scorpio bald weird man."

It was the same for the other zodiac signs. All of them had learned to upgrade their powers to a more useful and powerful skill. Scorpio at the moment was able to put one of his skill to use. Sand started building up slowly and the higher it went, human like features that reminded of mummies stretched and limped viciously. Many of the said creature stood behind Scorpio like an army of sand-like zombies.

"Your minions have no chance against my earth magic."

Rocks immediately rise from behind Scorpio and smashed some of the sand figures, sending(sanding) them back into sand particles. But it didn't make Scorpio's smirk fall which confused Jura for a second, until he saw his destruction being pieced back together. The sand figures were back to their normal state like it didn't just get disintegrated. 

"Is that the only thing you got dude? Lemme show you the real thing."

In a blink of an eye, all the figures attacked Jura. There were about 10 of them that pounced on him only to get smashed by his rocks. It all came to no avail when they merged back together again and again. Unfortunately, Jura was quick to find the culprit and quickly used one of his pillars to struck Scorpio on the back by surprise. Although zodiac spirits were able to improve on their skills, durability was a problem that spirits couldn't overcome. So Scorpio ended up being sent back to the spirit world, quickly muttering a small apology to his master.

The sand mummies completely disintegrated just as one was about to punch Jura's face. It became deathly quiet. Like everything in there had completely disappeared into nothing. Only Jura's ragged breathing could be heard and for a moment, he relaxed. Thinking everything was completely fine, he almost had forgotten about the real opponent until-

"I hope you're not tired just yet."

Jura looked up towards the source of voice as he saw a girl with her dirty brown hair tied up in a ponytail. Her lush green and white dress hung figuratively on her body down to her thighs.

There was sudden awkward silence as Jura stared at the unknown woman in confusion as she still stared at him mightily.

"Who are you?"

"Uh- you seriou- it's Lucy, duh- who did you thi- can we just fight now."

"As you wish."

Pillars of rocks immediately flew out from the ground towards Lucy. The pillars stopped just as one was about to strike Lucy in the face at the same time, many thick vines had found its way around the pillars and wrapped around them tenaciously. Jura looked down in confusion as he more vines made is way up to help hold the pillars down.

"My re-equiped flora armor gives me the power to grow any plants near me and lucky enough, there are plenty right below your feet."

Just as she finished explaining, vines started crawling out of the ground and wrapped themselves around Jura's feet. The more he struggled, the stronger they got and the more they went up.

"Here's the thing, they're unbreakable and extremely protective-"

She shot a ball of fire towards the vines on him only to leave no burnt marks on it.

"But the more you struggle, the tighter it gets."

At that moment, the pillars were crushed into nothing but bits and pieces of rubles. Jura's face held pain as he could only struggle no matter how much he wanted to stop. Lucy jumped down from the edge and walked closer to him.

"This has been a great fight but, I gotta move on now."

The last bit of vines wrapped Jura's face up, leaving him in a cocoon of prickly vines. A few seconds later, the leafy structure fell onto the ground, signalling the end of the battle.

"Jura's down everybody! Lucy has taken yet another win for Fairy Tail Team A!"

Everyone in the stadium cheered, satisfied with the interesting and thrilling battle between the two wizard saints.

However, there were even more challenging opponents coming her way, Sabertooth. Nobody has been eliminated yet and all of them were quiet till this point in time. It only made Lucy feel anxious.

But what Lucy didn't know, was that there was something even more horrifying watching her every move. And it was coming closer and closer every second.

IT TOOK ME ONE MONTH. AND IM SORRY. but we just hit 1k votes a few weeks ago yEET.