Chapter 1: Pluviophile

________

Yoongi loved the rain, he loved the way it made quiet tapping sounds on the windows. He loved when big puddles would form on the roads and sidewalks for him to jump in. He loved everything about the rain, from the sky all the way to the ground.

He always awaited the day the forecasters would say there would be a higher chance of rain, it made him happy that the world was for once on his side.

Yoongi is a Pluviophile. He loved the rain. Everyone in the world has their own Phile, and you take test to see which Phile is your soulmates Phile, that's how that works.

Yoongi, who is nineteen, has yet to take the test, he was afraid of matching with someone who hated the rain, he was afraid of matching with someone who was all sunshine and rainbows. He didn't want that.

He doesn't want his soulmate to be a complete opposite of him, but that's how that works sometimes. Sometimes you'll just have to deal with it.

But Yoongi didn't want to deal with it. He didn't want to have to wake up everyday having to remind himself that his soulmate was his opposite, that's not what he wanted. That's something no one wanted.

It was currently cloudy, the white puffs covering the sun. Yoongi sighed as he grabbed the book he was reading and saved a book mark, then he got up and went into the kitchen. He made himself a sandwich and climbed on the counter to eat said sandwich.

"Hey Yoongs," His Bestfriend, Jimin said, Jimin was a bibliophile, he loved to read and collect books. He has yet to take the test to find a soulmate, but he had plans on doing it this week. "Hey Chimmy," Yoongi mumbled, Jimin sucked his teeth as he opened the fridge and got out a container of cookie dough icecream.

"Don't be such a downer, just cuz they said it wouldn't rain today doesn't mean it'll always happen," Jimin smiled, grabbing a spoon and climbing on the counter with Yoongi. "I know," Yoongi sighed, watching as his legs swung in sync with Jimin's. "But it's one of those days where I just really want it to rain. You know, kinda like when you really want to read? It's like that..." Yoongi trailed off when he heard his phone ringing, the Younger jumped from the counter and grabbed his phone.

"Gukkie?" Yoongi asked, he wanted interrupted by an excited scream. "Yah! Shut the fuck up!" Yoongi yelled into the phone, glaring at a giggling Jimin. "Hyung!"

"What?"

"Remember that test I took last week to find my soulmate?" Jungkook asked, Yoongi thought for a second and then nodded. "Yeah, what about it?"

"I got my perfect match!" Jungkook yelled into the phone, a deep voice telling him to calm down in the background, Yoongi rolled his eyes. "Yeah? Who is it? What's their Phile?"

"Hyung! He's a photophile! He loves taking photos, and you know I'm a cinephile, it's a perfect match!" Jungkook yelled, Jungkook loved to not only watch movies, but also make them, he called his Little three to five minute videos a G.C.F saying it meant, Golden Closet Film.

"That's amazing Jeongguk! What's his name!" Jimin yelled from his seat on the counter. "Yeah Gguk, that is amazing,"

"His name is Kim Taehyung and he's perfect, I literally love him and it's been two hours," Jungkook yelled into the phone, Yoongi shook his head as he sat back on the counter with Jimin.

"That's concerning Kook, I don't think you should fall in love that fast," Yoongi said, grabbing a spoon and getting a spoonful of Jimin's icecream. He ignored the deadly stare he received.

"I don't care! He's my soulmate, I'll have to deal with it Either way!" Jungkook said, Jimin nodded as he moved his icecream on his other side so that Yoongi couldn't get to it. "That's true, God, I want to take my test now"

"Then go ahead Hyung, it's so easy, and you write in your answers so there's no way you could make a mistake," Jungkook said, he mouth full with Yoongi assumed was chips. "Yeah, Hyung," Yoongi agreed, "You should really try it."

Jimin nodded as he put the top on his icecream and pushed hit into the freezer, he quickly ran to get his shoes and jacket. "I'm taking the test yoongs, you wanna go?"

Yoongi shook his head as he stared at his phone, waiting for Jungkook to say something. "You should, Gi. I know you're afraid of not getting a perfect match, but you have to find someone at some point." Jimin said, he bit his lip before he closed the door with a sigh.

"Yoongiii," Jungkook warmed through the phone, Yoongi nodded as he grabbed the carton of icecream that Jimin just put away. "I know," he said, grabbing a spoon and opening the carton.

"No...that's not it," Jungkook said, it almost sounded like the air was knocked out of his lungs. "What? What is it?"

"Tae just got a message saying that if you're eighteen or over, you have to do the test,"

I did so much research for this you don't even know, the main reason I started this was because I was looking for a lock screen and one said "Pluviophile" and it had the definition so ¯\_()_/¯