THREE

THREE

"So, you ran a background check?" I asked Stiles as we climb the steps towards our school. Stiles, being Stiles, has this suspicion on Theo Raeken. "And all you found was a speeding ticket?" 

"Speeding ticket signed by Theo's dad eight years ago." Stiles added.

"Which means what?" His point is really dying. 

"Who speeds?" Stiles said and stops to turn around and face me. We were now facing each other. "People trying to get away from something." 

"How many tickets do you have?" I asked, giving him a look. 

"None," Stiles said. 

I reword my sentence. "How many would you have if your dad didn't get you out of them?" 

"Seventeen," Stiles answered. 

"I don't know, Stiles." I sighed, running a hand through my hair and he looked down at the ground. "I mean, I see why you're worried. He's really hot. He's got like, great hair, perfect body, you should definitely feel threatened." 

"Thank you." Stiles sarcastically said. "Because now I do. More than ever." 

"Aw, babe." I smiled softly and at him and we both leaned in. We gave each other a small peck. "You'll always be my number one." 

He sighed. "I have plan." He continued. "All right? There are steps to doing this right." 

"What steps?" I asked. 

"We get the story, verify the facts, you find the pieces that don't fit and... and you catch him in the act." Stiles explained to me. "That's how you do it." 

He then looked over my shoulder, I turned around to look what he was staring at and there was Theo jumping out of his car. He looked over at us, he gave us a smile and a wave. 

"Why are you so suspicious of this guy?" I asked, he seemed perfectly normal to me if anything. 

I then turned my head to Stiles who seemed frustrated. "Because I remember Theo from fourth grade. Okay? That's not Theo." 

I stare at my brother who sat next to Kira in AP Biology. How was he here? Lydia and I give each other a look before we looked at Kira. With our eyes, we convinced Kira to talk to Scott and asked why he was in this class. 

I knew I was flopping last year, so the summer holidays I studied almost every single day to keep up on track. I knew I was a smart student, I was excatly flopping-flopping it was the fact that I had to deal with the supernatural and whenever something happens that involved with me and the supernatural, school just doesn't seem as important anymore. 

Kira then leaned to Scott. "Scott?" He turned his attention to his girlfriend. "Are you in the right class?" 

"AP Biology," Scott noted. We were seated atthe front, the for of us. Two desk side by side and that continued down. 

"Do you know what AP stands for?" I asked my brother, leaning on the desk with my elbow. 

"Advanced Placement." Scott smiled. He then opened his book wide in front of him. Some of the pages were highlighted yellow, making me cock my head. 

"Welcome to AP Biology," Ms. Finch, our teacher welcomed us at the front of the class and I turned my attention towards her. "Let's see who's awake. Can somebody tell me what plasmids are?" 

"Circular, self-replicating DNA molecules often used in cloning proteins," I explained, opening my own book without even looking at it. Studying paid off. I need to thank Stiles for helping me study as well. 

"Nicely stated, Stacey," Ms. Finch nodded making me nod back and smiled. "Now, can you tell me what vitamin is absorbed in the stomach via parietal cell production of a glycoprotein?" I went to answer, but I found myself speechless. I didn't study for that. 

"Uh..." 

"B-12," Ms. Finch answered for me. She then turned her head towards my brother. "Mr. McCall, since your sister didn't know the answer, did you know the answer?" 

"Um, no." Scott awkwardly said. 

"It's a common test question." Ms. Finch informed us. "What's your number one college pick?" 

"Um..." 

"Stop saying um," Ms. Finch snapped at him. 

"Sorry," Scott quickly apologised. "UC Davis." 

Ms. Finch nodded. "Good choice. It's the best school on the West Coast for biological and physical sciences. You're in the right class if that's what you're hoping for. Who else thinks here they're in the right class?" Students raised their hands. Including Lydia, Scott, Theo, Kira and I. That's right, Theo's in this class. "Good. Then you should all be prepared for the test tomorrow." Students groan. 

"Don't be so disappointed." She continues. "The test is specifically to help you determine whether you should actually be in AP Biology, you have two weeks to drop. Tomorrow's test will just weed out the ones who shouldn't be here. And that could be any of you." 

I walked around the corner and I stopped at the corner when I saw Liam and this chick, wasn't sure who she was but she seemed pretty pissed off at him. Liam low key looked scared. Scott and Stiles were talking to Theo, trying to get his story on how he was bitten, such and such. 

"I'm vengeful." I heard the girl with curly black hair, brown eyes, with bubble gum in her mouth spit at Liam and she closed her locker door hard before turning around and walking off. Or, storming off. 

I heard Liam groan and he placed his head on the locker and I walked over to him. "Trouble in Paradis?" I tease, crossing my arms and he slowly turned around and looked at me, shaking his head. 

"No," he sighed. 

"Tell Aunty Stacey what's up," I say. "I overheard something about her being vengeful towards you. What the heck is that all about?" 

"Sixth grade. I-I had a fight with this kid from my old school," Liam started to explain. "Hayden stepped in the middle of the fight between me and the kid had, in the hallway. I accidentally punched Hayden in the face and broke her nose. The yearbook photo was the next day, it didn't come out pretty. She's hated me ever since. We're enemies, I'm telling you." 

"Cute," I say. "What a tragic love story," he rolled his eyes at me. 

"How do I even make it up to her so that my high school experience isn't crap?" Liam asked, slightly annoyed. Probably at himself. 

"Do her a favor, maybe. Apologize?" I try, he shakes his head. "You'll think of something, don't worry," 

"Tracy?" I heard Lydia's voice asked and I turned around and saw Tracy with Lydia, Lydia was trying to calm down Tracy who looked like she was having a panic attack. "Are you all right?" Tracy had snapped out of whatever trace she was in and looked at Lydia with her brown eyes widening. "How about we go outside?" 

I watch them leave and turned my attention back to Liam. "I've got to go," Liam says. "Bye, Stacey," 

"Bye, Liam," I wave at him and he leaves, closing his locker door and walked around the corner. Tracy's locker seemed to gain my attention as it swings shut. I stare at it in shock, it left claw marks on the locker. Not it, but she left claw marks. 

I then walked over to Tracy's locker and my hands scan the claw mark. 

This isn't good whatever it is. 

"So you found something?" I asked as Stiles had come up to us during lunch time. Scott, Malia, Kira and I were in the library, studying. I was studying for that test I have tomorrow.

Stiles looked at me as he stands in front of the table, placing down a piece of paper. "Another signature." Here we again. "This is Theo's dads signature on a speeding ticket from eight years ago. Now this is his dads signature on a transfer form to Beacon Hills High School just a few days ago."

"How did you get his transfer form?" Kira asked as we were all probably wondering the same thing.

"Did you break into the Administration Office?" Scott asked.

"No, I did not break into the Administration Office." He paused as I gave him a look. "Okay, I might've broken into the Administration Office. Can we just focus on the signatures, please? They're different."

I lean forward and tried to play, spot the differences between the two different papers, game. I got something. One color of the piece of paper is green and the other color piece of paper is white! God, Stacey, you're a freaking genius!

I mentally roll my eyes at myself. Stiles looked at me, his eyes filled with hope for me. Which made me feel bad. "They're sort of different." I'm not going to mention the color thing to him.

"They're completely different," Stiles informed us. "Come on. Look. The garlands don't even match, the undulations of the sinuous stroke, totally off. And look, look at this. A perfect example of the Criminal Tremor."

"So now, Theo is Theo, but his parents aren't his parents?" I asked, which is what I'm basically hearing him say.

"Someone's not someone," Stiles tells us. "And when I figure out ho that someone really is, someone's in big trouble."

"But no one's done anything wrong," Scott tells his best friend.

If I were a random student who was oblivious to the supernatural and heard our conversation I would totally think we were weirdos. Then, I'd stay as far away from as a possible. I would consider moving towns.

I let out a small laugh at myself and everyone looked at me oddly. "Sorry," I apologize, quickly looking down at my notes. They just witnessed Stacey McCall laughing at herself.

"Yet." Stiles continued. "If Theo's parents are both psychotic killers then obviously, we shouldn't trust him, right?"

"My parents are Peter and the Desert Wold." Malia pointed out making me cough awkwardly into my arm.

"Okay..." Stiles sighed, rubbing his forehead. He was getting impatient with us. "It's fine. You know what?" He snatched his papers back up from the table. "I'll just figure this out myself, all right? I don't need you, or you, or you, I especially don't need you," he pointed to each and everyone one of us and the especially don't need your part to me. He turns around and walks off. "I don't need anyone." He shouts.

I wish I could believe him.

But... I don't want to because I want everything to be somewhat normal.