TWENTY-FOUR

TWENTY-FOUR

"Vanishing twin syndrome..." Deaton trailed off, looking down at the papers. It was the next night, Stiles and I were at the Animal Clinic.

Scott should be here at any moment.

"This is part of your expertise, right?" Stiles asked.

I'm healing. Very slowly. Scott and took away most of the pain, now I'm left with the bruises.

"Not particularly, no," Deaton answered. He placed down some of the photos of a baby inside a stomach.

The door then opens and we all turned around. Scott and Liam came in, holding a Dread Doctor. My eyes widen.

"He's still alive."

"Can you keep him alive?" I stand back as I watched the Dread Doctor was placed on the bench, Deaton getting to work.

"I'm not sure he technically is alive," Deaton speaks.

"Screw keeping him alive." Liam spat. "How do we get him to talk?"

"Personally, I don't think we utilize torture nearly enough." Stiles quickly said.

I stepped forward. "I second that."

"Did you hear that?" Liam suddenly asked, out of nowhere. I tried listening out, but nothing was there. Suddenly, the Dread Doctor jerks up, creating a high-pitched sound while he's at it.

I put my hands over my ears, grunting. Everything around us shakes, I looked around. What was happening?

I watched as the Dread Doctor gets off the bench and begins to walk away. "Liam, wait!" I looked over and saw that Liam was ready to pounce the Dread Doctor.

The Dread Doctor raises one arm and a blast of force field shoots over at Liam. Liam was flying back into the wall. He groaned and everyone just let the Dread Doctor walkout.

I grunt. We were so close. Suddenly, everything came flying towards me but I was moved out of the way by Stiles, both of us colliding on the floor, I let out an "omp" and I looked over, everything metal was connected to the door.

"Thanks," I mutter shyly to Stiles, he gave me a nod and jumps off of me, he gives me a hand up and my back is starting to ache.

Add another bruise, why don't you?

Liam jumped up and started to walk towards the door. "Stop!" Deaton called to him. Electricity was crackling in the top right-hand corner. "It's electrified."

So we're trapped.

"The cane," Scott whispered.

"But they took it," Liam said. "They took the cane." I frowned. Who took the cane? There must be some conversation outside about it.

"The Argent's." Scott suddenly said, looking in my direction. "The Argent's took the cane."

"Maybe there's something in here. Something about how he was Genetic Chimera." Scott quickly said as he looks through the booklet.

"Mason had a vanishing twin," Deaton said.

"Now we've got a vanishing Mason," Stiles added. I smiled a little at that.

"What's that got to do with him turning into a 250-year-old French guy?" Liam asked. "How does that even happen?"

"Hold on," Deaton jumps in. "Scott might have something. Mason's twin wasn't entirely gone. That's what made him a Genetic Chimera."