ELEVEN

ELEVEN

"We're betting our lives on these?" I asked, picking up one of the three jammers that sat in Parrish's car. Parrish, Malia, and Lydia stood beside me.

"I think we're betting Hayden's life of them," Lydia remarked.

"Yeah, well, I'm glad I brought my gun," Parrish tells us, picking up another jammer and handing it to Lydia and he picked up the last one for himself. Parrish then closes the boot, we were at the school, waiting for the time to come.

The plan was to set these three frequency jammers around the school, one on a locker, one in a classroom, and the last one in the boy's locker room.

Malia and I stand guard in the hallways, standing near the frequency. Everyone else was in the locker room, and Parrish was with his car and his gun outside in the carpark. There's not much talking going between Malia and I.

I kind of wander aimlessly around the hallway, waiting for a showdown. But if you did think about it though, we would ace the supernatural world classes.

"Do you think this will work?" Malia asked, making me jump as I didn't expect her to talk to me at all. We were still on good terms, we just don't talk as much as we used to.

"I'm hoping that it'll work." I pause. "I'm also hoping that Stiles and Theo find out who's stealing the bodies." Theo and Stiles were probably sitting in Stiles' Jeep outside the animal clinic with Josh's body inside the animal clinic, waiting to see who's stealing in the bodies. That was Stiles' job.

As much as I wanted to join them, Stiles refused my pleads. Being the good girlfriend I am, I obeyed Stiles. "Speaking of Stiles, are you still on good terms with him?" Malia asked from down the hallway.

"Yeah," I say quietly. "Why would ask that?"

"I don't know... you guys aren't as cuddly and touchy when I first met you. I just figured something was wrong." Malia explained, looking around the hallways casually. "I'd hate for you guys to be on bad terms. You both need each other during times like these." She then brought two of her fingers together on the same hand and crossed them. "You guys were like this when I first meet you." She then untangled her two fingers and opened up a little gap between them. "Now you're like this."

"I don't know what changed." I shrug. "But as far as I know, we're still on good terms. I still love him. I'm pretty sure he still loves me."

"Oh, he's whipped for you." Malia casually says. I bite the inside of my cheek, trying to hide the fact that I'm smiling. "How long did you say you guys were together?"

"Almost five years," I say, looking around the corner to make sure the Dread Doctors weren't there. Then, I walked back over to where I originally stood.

"That's a long time to be with someone. I don't think I would ever last that long with someone." Malia honestly said.

I smiled at Malia. "You'll find someone. And when you do, I get to say I told you so."

Malia laughs. "All right then, Stace." I tried not to look surprised when she said it, I've never heard Malia say my nickname. I then just smiled.

"You know what I just realized?" I asked, frowning. "Since we can't use our phones who are going to check up on Theo or Stiles?"

Malia turned to me, her mouth going in an 'o' shape. "I didn't even think about that."

"Me either." I agree. "So we're standing here waiting for guys in masks and breathing tubes to show up, but who or what are Theo and Stiles waiting for?"

Malia scrunched her nose in confusion and my questions remained unanswered.

The sound of an engine was heard on my side of the hallway, Malia had decided to go on the other side of the school and check there leaving me to do my rounds right here.

"Parrish?" I murmur, frowning. "Where the hell is he going?" I walk forward, ready to take action but an unbearable sense of pain digs into my leg making me scream out in pain.

My eyes widen as I looked down and saw a trap with sharp claws dug into my foot, making me scream out some more. I fall back easily onto the ground, letting out a cry as I felt two more traps dig into my arms easily.

I couldn't move and I was in pain. Where's Malia when you need her?

I tried to focus on my breathing, but it's hard to when there three traps in you that have sharp, sharp points. I watched as three Dread Doctors walked through the door moving slowly, I let out a gasp for air, tears were streaming down my face as I let out a loud cry.

I was shaking uncontrollably from the pain, letting those Dread Doctors pass me. I let out a shaky cry, not wanting to be in pain anymore. I'm not supernatural, I can't heal.

That's when I felt a little tiny scratch on me and I coughing, not blood, but normal coughing and I yelled. "Sorry!" A frantic voice tells me, I looked up and met the eyes of Mason who was holding a little sharp blade. "Sorry, I was just trying to help... Liam said pain... he said it makes you human."

I looked around me, pushing back on my feet, sliding a little down the hallway on my butt and noticed that there wasn't any sharp traps at my feet or wrists. "What happened?" I breathe, looking at Mason in pure shock. "What are you doing here?"

"I found another Chimera," Mason informs me. "His name's Corey,"

"Wait." I pause. "Where's Liam and Hayden?"

Mason then helped me jumped to my feet and we both sprint down the hallway, and down some stairs to get to the boys locker room. There stood Scott, Lydia, and Malia. "They're gone." Lydia states.

"Hayden and Liam are gone."

A/N

Sorry for another short chapter but I thought it was interesting and something different. Thoughts on this book so far?