EIGHT

EIGHT

"Chimeras." Mr. Stilinski spoke once he had crossed off Tracy's picture on his board in the Sheriff Office. 

"Two dead Chimeras." Stiles pointed out, I stand next to him, my fingers tap lightly agaisnt the Sheriff's desk, not making a sound. 

"And eight new ones." I added. 

"So that's 10 in all." Stiles counted. 

"I'm thinking maybe 11." I watch as Mr. Stilinski puts up Donovan next to Tracy. "Our station tech guys confirmed something for me. They said, both the holding cell lock and the cameras could have malfunctioned because of something electromagnetic." Mr. Stilinski takes the Dead Doctors book from his desk. "You said that, uh, these guys..."

"Dread Doctors," I quickly correct. 

He scrunched up his face in disapproval. "Are we really calling them that?" He asked. 

"So they broke Donovan out?" I moved on. 

"It's how they got into Eichen, isn't it?" Mr. Stilinski asked. 

I then looked closely at Donovan, I walked forward to get a closer look at the picture. "Donovan's a Chimera," I stated. 

"Yeah," Mr. Stilinski said, leaning agaisnt his desk. "But is he a failure like Lucas and Tracy?" 

"If he is, he's probably dead." I figured, looking at the three pictures. I then grabbed the red pen and I was about to cross of Lucas but Mr. Stilinski stopped me, by grabbing my arm gently. 

"Not until I've seen a dead body," Mr. Stilinski tells me, I then dropped my hand that held the pen. My boyfriend's being oddly quiet, too quiet for my likely. He's usually the quite the chatterbox when it came to cases like these. I turned around with Mr. Stilinski, seeing Stiles off in the corner. "You're uncharacteristically quiet." 

"Sorry, I'm, uh..." Stiles turned around, I thought I heard his voice crack, now I'm concerned for him. "I'm just trying to think about it. Uh..." He walked towards us, I was quite interesting to hear what he has to say now. "These are all teenagers, right? So now, I mean, shouldn't we be trying to figure out why these teenagers? If the Dread Doctors, if they went through all that, burying them, killing them, breaking one of them out of jail..." 

"They could've been chosen at random." Mr. Stilinski pointed out, which made a lot of sense. 

"They had to have something in common," I say, nodding. 

"Something that made them right for this experiment." Mr. Stilinski figured, I then turned back around to the three pictures that were pinned agaisnt the pin board. 

"Something that made them special," I heard my boyfriend say. 

Later the afternoon, the whole pack plus Theo, stared down at the book that sat on my Mum's coffee table. We were getting our book reading club session on. 

Imagine I said that in a Mum's voice, you know? 

"My Mum's book club usually has more wine." Lydia points out. 

"Well, they probably didn't read books that cause violent hallucinations." Stiles also added, making me roll my eyes. 

"That's why Malia's here," Scott said. 

"So none of us go running into traffic?" Kira remarks. Scott nodded, blinking a few times. 

"Or worse," I added, a few glances were at my way but I ignored them. 

"Like what happened to Judy," Malia said. Everyone looked at her. "Chapter 14." 

Lydia takes the original copy and held it in her hand. "Maybe I should get my mother to read it." She commented, looking down at the book.  "She might remember a girl with a tail leaping off the ceiling and attacking everyone." 

"Hey, if it works," Stiles said. 

"It has to." Lydia softly said, looking down at the copy. 

"What does that mean?" My brother asked Lydia. 

"I think I saw them during my surgery," Lydia whispered. "When I look at the cover of the book, it's almost like..." 

"A memory trying to surface." Theo finished, I looked over at him. I can't believe this guy was my first boyfriend.

"Yeah," Lydia agrees, everyone's head turned to Theo. 

"Isn't that what Valack wanted when he wrote his book?" Kira asked me. Malia nodded. 

"If they did something to me, I want to know what it is," I say, then walked to the table that contained the paper copies, and snatched it off the table, and I fell onto the couch. 

Let the book club begin.