NINE

NINE

"What if we need some kind of trigger?" Scott asked as he, Kira, Stiles, and I walked into the school hallways the next day. "Wasn't Malia driving when she remembered the crash?"

"Yeah, but how are we suppose to trigger a memory that we don't remember?" Stiles asked. Kira and I were in the middle of our boyfriends, Kira next to Scott and I next to Stiles.

"Maybe it's a delayed thing." Scott said. "Maybe you have to wait a couple of hours to see what happens." That's when the lights start to flicker, making the four of us stop and look up. We all turned to Kira.

"That wasn't me. I swear," Kira says.

"We keep an eye on each other today, okay?" Scott tells us.

"Yes, and keep an eye out for eight other potentially homicidal Chimeras," Stiles added.

"And keep an eye out for the Dread Doctors," Kira also added. Kira and Scott then walked off, Scott placing a hand on Kira's lower back.

"I've gotta go to class," I say, he nodded and we shared a goodbye, for now, kiss. "I love you,"

"I love you, too," he says wholeheartedly, making me smile. I then walked off to catch up with Kira and Scott.

I sat next to Lydia in class, kind of paying attention to Ms. Flinch. "So while introducing the African cane toad sounded like a good way to deal with an Austrailias infestation of the gray-blacked beetle, unfortunately, the toad also decided to eat everything else in sight."

I noticed that Theo and Lydia were texting each other, I said Lydia weird looks and she quickly texted me.

Lydia

I think Sydney's a Chimera
Look at Sydney

Thank god my phone is on silent. I quickly looked at the girl in front of us as she was scratching her ear. Or, hair. It was falling out.

I drown Ms. Finch out, which I'm so going to regret doing. I watch as Sydney had grabbed her books and she walked over to Ms. Finch's desk which was at the front of the classroom and she smacked down a form paper.

Sydney was dropping out. Lydia and I gave each other looks. "Wise decision, Sydney," Ms. Finch tells Sydney, who then quickly walked out. I quickly grabbed my books much like Lydia did, we were going to follow Sydney. "Lydia and Stacey, you know it's for the best."

But, we ignored her and walked on out and followed Sydney back down to the office department. We entered the room quietly, pushing the door open. Sydney looked upset. Lydia and I give each other another look and Sydney had obviously heard us and turned around, she sniffed.

"I was just looking for your Mum," Sydney sadly said, sitting at the table alone. "I mean Mrs. Martin." She quickly corrected herself.

"Are you okay?" Lydia asked softly, stepping into the office and I followed her.

Sydney looked down sadly at the ball of hair that was in her hand. "Does this okay?" She asked, upset.

"How long has it been happening?" Lydia continued to question her, but yet in a soft voice. The type of voice that you could trust someone into telling them anything.

"Three years," Sydney replies, ashamed.

"Years?" I repeated. Lydia and I both walked forward and I took a seat near her and lydia stood next to her.

"It's stress," Sydney sighs. " I've tried everything. Medication, acupuncture, hypnosis."

"Have you tried not taking the hardest classes in school?" Lydia suggests, looking down at Sydney. She lets out a small laugh. "Let me see it. Maybe we can help cover it up." Sydney then turns her head and she showed Lydia the damage, I couldn't excatly quite see it but I saw some hair being shaved off, just above her ear.