TEN

TEN

I glanced down at the- who looked like a 17-year-old boy- on the animal clinic table. He was pretty dead, to say the least. I also looked up at my boyfriend in wonder, where did he find this body? Aren't I'm the supposed to be finding the dead bodies?

"Do you know him?" Stiles nervously asked his best friend who was watching the dead teenage boy carefully.

"His name's Josh." Scott finally said, looking down at the boy. "He was a junior." I noticed the glance that Stiles gave Theo but didn't question it. I crossed my arms, waiting to hear more. Stiles then folded the green piece of fabric back over the head. "Which one did it? The other with the cane?"

Scott was referring to one of the Dread Doctors, Josh was a Chimera. "Yeah." Theo says, nodding.

"What are we going to with him?" I motion towards Josh. "We can't just set the alarm and leave. That's how Tracy disappeared."

"All right, someone's got to stay here with him and Stacey don't even think about volunteering." Stiles sent me a look as I put down my raised hand.

Theo sighed. "I'll do it." Stiles glanced at Theo, much like Scott and I did. "It's not like I had a big Saturday night planned."

That's when Scott's phone went off, and his eyes widen. Something's wrong. "What is it?" I ask my brother, taking two steps towards him.

"Another one." Scott announced to the small group. "Another Chimera."

Scott knocked on the bathroom door that Hayden, Liam's friend, was hiding behind. She had locked herself in my brother's bathroom and was not going anywhere anytime soon.

"Hayden," Scott called. "It's Scott." There was no reply, Scott glanced at me. "Maybe you should do it. You know... girl to girl..."

I rolled my eyes and stepped in front of Scott. "Hayden?" I call loudly, knocking softly on the door. "Hayden it's Stacey, Scott's sister. I know that you're scared, but we just... we want to help."

No response. "I can hear her heart beating." Scott informs us as Scott turned to Liam. "She's really freaked out. What happened?"

"She was okay when we got here," Liam recalls. "I went to text you for two seconds and she locked herself in."

"Why?" Stiles questioned softly, I quickly took a look at my boyfriend who was wearing this red jacket that I've always liked. But it looks hotter on him than it does on me.

"I don't know." Liam shrugged, his voice snapping me out of my thoughts.

"She's definitely a chimera?" Scott made sure with his beta, looking into his eyes. Meanwhile, I moved over to Stiles, and as if he knew I needed a cuddle he held out his hand and I took it and he pulled me into him.

"She said she heard a voice saying, 'your condition improves.'." Liam added on.

"Okay, that's unsettling." Stiles then moved forward, breaking away from our embrace, leaving me cold. Just kidding, it's not that cold, but it's definitely warmer when I'm closer to Stiles. Liam shared a look with me, then smiled a little. "Hayden," Stiles calls through the door. "This is Stiles. Your sister works for my Dad down at the station. Look, just open the door, okay? You can trust us."

Stiles stepped back to me when there was no answer, his hand slipping into mine. "We just need to tell you the truth, Hayden." Scott pleaded. "And that kind of thing usually is better face-to-face. Listen, either you're gonna unlock the door or I'm going to have to break it open."

"Scotty, pretty sure you just scared her 10 times more now," I mutter, Scott shoots me a side glance but ignored me and continued to talk.

"It's okay if you don't want to talk, or if you're not ready to believe us." Scott continued. "But I just... I gotta know that you're okay in there." When there was no response, Scott gave us a look and he stepped back a little, ready to break down the door.

Before he could do any of that, the door unlocks and it creeks open. Scott looked at us quickly before pushing the door slightly wider, and there was Hayden standing center of the room with her claws out, starring at her hands and her eyes were glowing bright yellow.

Hayden then looks up at us, completely terrified. "I believe you."

I frown as my brother pulls out a map in front of us on the library desk. "We're back to telluric currents?" Stiles asked beside me.

"If the Dread Doctors didn't like coming into Eichen House because of them, maybe we can use them to protect Hayden," Scott explained.

"Okay, so, besides Eichen, where's the strongest convergence?" I ask, peering down at the map. I'm not even going to question why my brother has a map of Beacon Hills. No one uses maps nowadays, it's like, not even a thing in this century.

Scott pointed to the Beacon High School on the map. "We're standing on it."

"You want to hide her in the high school?" I ask in disbelief. "For how long?"

"If we have to, all night." Scott tells us, making eye contact with me. "Liam convinced Hayden not to say anything to his sister yet. She's working a double tonight, and she thinks Hayden's staying at a friend's."

"But it's just a school though," Stiles says, looking down at the map. "You know, it's not exactly a fortress."

"Lydia's got an idea for that." Scott quickly added. "Remember how Valack quoted Tesla?"

"Frequency and vibration." Stiles and I say at the same time. Quickly, we give each other looks, a smile tugging at my lips.

"She thinks that he wasn't saying that just to sound smart." Scott continued. "She thinks maybe it was a clue."

"To do what?" I asked, looking at Scott.

"Disrupt their frequency," Scott answered. "Parrish took three cell phone jammers from the station. He thinks he can broaden their range of frequency, it's a long shot, but it's the best we've got right now."

"I wonder what it would be like to have classes for the Supernatural," I say, breaking the silences that lingered over us. The boys raised their eyebrows at me. "I'm just saying. We could easily pass with an A."

I then turned on my heel and walked out of the library, going to prepare myself for what's happening tonight. I didn't have to have werewolf hearing to hear Stiles say, "she's not wrong."

A/N

Sorry for the short chapter. Get ready for what's happening in the next chapter!