Day Tripper

===============================

     " She was a day tripper,
a one-way ticket, yeah.
It took me so long
to find out,
and I found out. "

===============================

     The next morning, I shot my eyes open immediately seeing John straddling over me, his nose nearly touching mine.

     How sweet.

     I squinted my eyes and sighed.

     "G'mornin'." John smiled, resting his head on his hand.

     "Oh! ...Yer up?" I asked, with a yawn.

     He leaned over to me and kissed my cheek, "Are ye shocked?"

     "It's jus that... I'm always the first one up, what kinda alternate universe is this?" I asked, shaking my head.

     "The one where ye wake up at..." John checked his watch, "11:28."

     My eyes widened, "Shit! H- How?"

     John chuckled, "Did ye forget abou' what we did last night, Macca?"

     I thought for a moment and then it hit me. I didn't really consider the fact that taking acid can mess with your sleep that much. The experience was enlightening, though. It made me feel like John and I had a deeper connection with one another, having our first psychedelic trip together.

     "Right." I nodded, "Do ye have anymore of that stuff?"

     "Course, I do. Dunno if or... when we can trip again, though..." John said, rolling off of me. "Was a bit reckless of me to get it in the first place."

     "Oh, please, ye and I both know it won't be the last time." I laughed against his shoulder. "It was... definitely something."

     "Why did ye even get it? And more importantly, how?!" I asked, sitting up from the pillows.

     John scratched the back of his head and chuckled, "Well... it's a lot. First of all, I got it from a man in the saloon. I went back there after ye and that bird went and got tea." John explained.

     "And why, exactly?" I asked, leaning closer to the boy.

    "That's the kicker." He chuckled.

     "Tell me, Johnny." I asked nicely.

     He sighed and recollected his thoughts and words together, "I... I was jealous. And quite bored."

    "What?! Really?! No! I would've never guessed! 'Specially after ye told Linda ye and I sleep together." I joked.

     "What?! I would never!" John furrowed his brows.

     "Well, ye did. Ask her yerself." I laughed.

     "I- Whatever. Anyroad, I was jealous and needed something to forget abou' the fact ye were out wi' a bird. Even if it was all friendly, it still hurt me a tad, Macca." John sighed, staring down at the foot of the bed. "I know it's stupid of me to be jealous over something so small, but I couldn't help it."

     "John... I'm so sorry, love, I didn't know it was this serious. I knew ye were a tad jealous, but I didn't think much of it. Ye should've told me abou' yer feelings." I wrapped my arms around his torso and kissed his cheek. "If I knew ye were hurting so bad, I would've told her to take a hike!"

     "I know that, Macca, but I jus couldn't. Ye'd be so worried! ...So, I bought acid from that guy... and... and I went home - The rest is history." John said, reclining back into the bed. "S'not exactly my proudest moment, ye know? It's also quite hard to remember every little detail, anyroad."