Chapter 8

Felix wakes up to Nayeon yelling in his ear. He doesn't have the energy to retort her insults, or even respond. He gets up and runs his fingers through his hair. Nayeon spots the bags under his eyes and her anger turns to concern.

"Hey Lix, sorry for yelling at you. Are you okay?" She asks, sitting down next to him. Felix gives her a broken smile, his eyes swelling up.

"Y-Yeah. I-I'm fine." he stutters out, looking down at the floor.

"Well, obviously you're not. I hate to ask but is this a problem with Chaeyoung?" She winces, assuming to be hit or yelled at. She softens up when she sees Felix start to cry.

"Y-Yeah. I-It is." He hands her his phone and she scans the messages.

"Felix, this is pretty bad. Firstly, when your in a relationship, no matter how much you trust them, turn off read receipts. It comes in handy in times like this. Secondly, why didn't you say anything back to her?" Nayeon's concern worsens.

"B-because I don't think I actually love her, Nayeon." Felix says quickly.

"What are you going to do? Do you want me to tell Mom you are sick?" She asks.

"No. I have to go to school. I have to face this. Changbin is coming over after school." Felix smiles at the name of his Dark Haired Boy.

"Okay, I'll leave you to get ready then." Nayeon gives him a faint smile and pats him on the back. She softly closes the door and leaves him to get ready for his horrible day at school. He takes a shower and can't stop thinking of how crushed Chaeyoung will be. Felix gets dressed and opens his phone.

CONTACTS→

Chaeng🐯💛→

SETTINGS→

TURN OFF READ RECEIPTS?

                YES|NO

                    YES

CONTACT NAME→

CHANGE "Chaeng🐯💛" TO "Chaeyoung."?

                                     YES|NO

                                         YES

EXIT SETTINGS→

Felix feels part of his heart flush down the drain while he brushes his teeth. He doesn't want to face her. He sulks downstairs. Felix lets out a smile when he sees that Nayeon got his things together and made him breakfast. He runs down the last couple stairs, almost tripping, and gives her a hug. At first, she is surprised but then she hugs back. His mom comes out to see the two siblings, who always fight and yell, hugging. She spots Felix crying, and gives him a sympathetic look. He lets go of Nayeon.

"You want to get a ride with me and Jeongyeon?" She asks.

"No, it's okay. Seungmin is waiting for me." Nayeon takes her umbrella and shoves it towards him.

"Here take this. I don't want you to get rained on."

"Nayeon..."

"Yes?"

"This is a rainbow umbrella."

"Accept Gay Defeat." Nayeon whisper-yells. Felix shakes his head. He walks out with his vibrant rainbow umbrella and strolls over to where Seungmin is waiting for him.

"Hey Felix. You look tired. Everything okay?" Seungmin asks. Felix had forgotten about facing Chaeyoung. He groans and starts walking slower.

"Chaeyoung told me she loved me. And then I left her on read..." He says.

"Oh my god. Why?"

"I didn't know how to respond. I don't love her back. Now I have to face her." Just then a car pulls up, interrupting Felix. The window rolls down and Nayeon's head pops out. She hands him a cup of coffee.

"Almost forgot this." She smiles. She blows him a kiss and drives off.

"Oof. Why is she being so nice?" Seungmin asks.

"I know right. I'm not used to it." Felix says. "She even lent me her gay umbrella." He says gesturing to the rainbow umbrella he's holding over them.

"Wow. Your sister sure wants people to know she likes girls, doesn't she?"

"I guess so." Felix chuckles. The two walk into school and Felix turns while Seungmin walks straight.

"Where are you going? That way adds five minutes to our trip!" Seungmin says. Felix starts breathing heavily.

"I memorized Chaeyoung's schedule down to the minute. Now in about 23 seconds she will come this way. Let's go around." He grabs Seungmin's arms and runs up the stairs. Felix always hated people who went up stairs slowly. He went around the lockers of the seniors and went down the staircase on the other side of the school. He dashed down the long hallway, and slid into his locker. He puts his stuff away. He scans around for Seungmin, who is calmly strolling down the hall.

"You have three minutes or I'm leaving you behind. Today is friday which means track practice. She uses this hallway to bring her equipment to the locker rooms." Felix says scanning along.

"Just go to class. It starts soon. I'll meet you there."

"Ok." Felix starts hurrying off to Chemistry. He forgets one thing. Chaeyoung uses this hallway. Felix sees her and starts panicking. He is being pushed by the crowd behind him towards her. She sees him.

"Felix..." She whispers. He acts as if he can't see her and runs away. He runs into his class, sweating profusely, with small tears in his eyes. His frown forms into a half smile upon seeing Changbin sitting at their table, reading a book. Changbin smiles and waves him over. Felix forgets about his worries of school and his Chaeyoung predicament and gives a huge grin while skipping over to the Dark Haired Boy.