Chapter 27

"Hell no!" Nayeon springs up out of her chair. "No way in hell am I doing that!"

"Yeah!" Felix speaks up. "I'm not going to do that."

"Please don't be mad. It wasn't my idea, but I kind of agree it is the best choice." She says, firmly. Nayeon scoffs angrily. "He can pay for your college. I can't."

"Please mom. I will literally do anything but that." Felix begs. His mother shakes her head.

"Trust me. It's harder for me than you."

"We have to leave everything behind! And what about Jeongyeon?" Nayeon starts to scream.

"And Changbin? And Seungmin?"

"Well with this, I lose my children. You think i'm exactly happy about it?" She starts to yell.

"Then don't make us go!" Nayeon screams. Soonkyu stops, as if to consider it. Then shakes her head again, as tears flow out.

"No. You have to. Please don't make this too hard. I couldn't stand the thought of you being mad at me."

"We're not mad at you. We're mad at him." Felix says. "I will do anything not to go."

"You can't do anything. It's already all put into motion." She says, breathing heavily.

"And you are completely serious?" Nayeon asks. Soonkyu nods. "When do we have to go?"

"Next week." She breathes out. "So you can get used to the place before you go straight into college, so you can learn about application and crap." She says, wiping the tears from her cheeks.

"You really don't want this either, do you?" Felix asks. She nods her head no. "We won't make it hard on you then." She nods, as if to say thank you. Nayeon and Felix go upstairs and leave her alone.

"Okay." Nayeon says as they walk into Felix's room and she shuts the door. "This is complete and utter shit. This is poppycock!"

"I agree." He says, in a much calmer tone.

"Why aren't you more upset?" She says. "We have to leave all our our friends behind, mom behind, You have to leave Changbin and I have to leave Jeongyeon. It's only a matter of time we lose everything that matters. And you emit no emotion?"

"I am very upset. What do you mean?! I am trying not to upset Mom! The way you screamed at her just made it worse. Of course I'm upset! I won't get to see my friends everyday, I won't get to see how much fun they are having without me. I won't get to see Mom everyday, or get to have memories like, for example, our birthday this year. I won't get to see Changbin anymore! The person who made my days significantly better. The only person who has made me laugh or smile like nothing mattered. I am very upset. So don't come at me with that attitude when I am trying to make a shitty ass situation be a little less depressing. God damn." He takes a deep breath then sits down on his bed, and buried his face in his hands. She takes another deep breath and sits next to him.

"I'm sorry." She says quietly.

"Hi sorry, I'm Felix." He says, his hand muffling his speech. She smiles lightly.

"Enough jokes." She says calmly. "Seriously what are we going to do?"

"I don't know about you, but i'm not going to tell anyone. I'm just gonna like disappear."

"That's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. You are not even going to say goodbye?" She asks.

"Of course I will. Indirectly. Then I will leave notes."

"That's so hurtful."

"Haven't we learned i'm not good at confrontation?"

"Okay whatever. I'm going to go call Jeongyeon. I'll leave you to your crushing of dreams." She storms out and Felix exhales. Holy shit what is even happening? And why to me of all people?  This is wack as fuck. I can't deal with this shit right now.