Chapter 25

Felix skips down the driveway and hops into his car. He turns on his favorite playlist and starts to drive down the street when his music gets interrupted by the sound of a ring. As he rolls his eyes with a sigh, he looks down at his illuminating phone.

INCOMING CALL FROM "SEUNGMINNIE MOUSE"

ANSWER?

YES | NO

What's up my man?

You hang out with Changbin too much.

Usually I would be greeted with a "Hi Seungmin".

But now it's always something strange.

Big oofs my dude.

...Okay so maybe I deserve to be euthanized.

Anyway what's up?

Are you alone?

Yeah. I'm in the car.

Okay. you might want to call me back later,

It's something you need to be focused for.

Ooh intriguing.

Call you back in ten Min.

Alrighty.

Felix leans over and ends the call, and the sound of music floods through the car again. He questions the strange call his friend had left him with as he pulls up to his driveway and walks inside nonchalantly. He sets Nayeon's keys down on the kitchen counter and walks into the living room. He sees Nayeon sitting at the couch, computer sprawled across the carpet, her head in her hands. Felix rushes over and crouches next to her.

"Nayeon! Is everything okay?!" He asks concernedly.

"No." She chokes out. "I needed to get you home so soon because... I'm failing calculus. This means my scholarship is going down the drain. I don't know what to do." She whispers through cries. His heart drops and he gives her a hug.

"Nayeon, trust me. It'll be okay." He whispers to her.

"No it won't." She cries. "Mom can't pay for my college. I'm basically screwed."

"Don't worry. If it makes you feel better, My scholarship is out the window too." He reassures. She looks up suddenly and hits his shoulder.

"You idiot!" She yells. "How would that make me feel better?!"

"I don't know. It sounded better in my head."

"Lee Felix. How the hell did you lose your scholarship?"

"I quit the football team."

"You WHAT?! Why!?"

"I don't want to be that person."

"You're a fucking idiot." She mutters.

"I'm sure you're right, but why?"

"Felix. It's not like you have to play football all your life. It was just to get you into a decent college." She starts to sob again.

"Shhh." He tells her. "Nayeon we will get through this. We always get through the little bumps together."

"Thank you for making me feel better." She says giving him another hug. "I think i'm just going to give Jeongyeon a quick call and then go to bed." Felix gives her the Sympathetic Head Tilt.