Chapter 28

Felix rushes in the door and forcefully slams it. He groans loudly and storms into the living room where his sister and mom are sitting.

"It's official. My life has turned to shit!" He screams and throws his bag across the room. Soonkyu looks up from her computer.

"I take it you had a bad day?" She asks rhetorically. He nods and screams in frustration. 

"Seungmin is the only one who knows and he is completely devastated." He sets his head down in his hands, muffling his speech. "I didn't have the heart or energy to tell anyone, so i'm writing them all letters and asking Seungmin to slip them to them."

"How impersonal" She says, glasses falling down her face.

"Don't remind me." He rolls his eyes, pulls himself up and trudges up the stairs. Pulling out eight separate papers. Folding each neatly, he grabs a pen and starts scribbling heartfelt words on each. First to Chan, Woojin, and Minho. Then to Hyunjin, Jisung, and Jeongin. Then one longer one to Seungmin and finally pouring his deteriorating heart and broken soul into a long ass letter for Changbin. Felix was just aimlessly rambling at this point. His brain had gone numb through each phase of denial. As he was scribbling his thoughts into this letter, he fought back many tears that dared to escape. After finishing his agonizing, heart wrenching letter he exhaled deeply and fell back onto the floor. He had experienced pain before, but not to this extent. After about ten minutes of silent crying he falls asleep, in a ball, on the carpet.

The next day his feelings hit him like that bus hit Regina George. He was an absolute mess. Nayeon even felt bad for him, even though she was experiencing the same gut-wrenching pain. He steadfastly refused to touch his food, and left the house without even saying a proper 'goodbye'. Purposely forgetting all his materials (because what was the point?), he angrily stomps down the the street corner where his moping best friend was sat anxiously.

"Hey Felix." He whispers softly, trying not to provoke him further.

"H-hi." Felix responds faintly. The color in his face was gone, except for the dark purple bags underneath his dead eyes. The color was even gone from his words, if that even makes sense. Seungmin tilted his head worriedly. It was as if someone sucked the life out of his usually normal best friend, and replaced it with a withering clone. He felt horrible that he could not improve his friend's mood in anyway. But that was reality. Sickening, Mind-numbing reality.

"Do you want to-" Seungmin started, but was promptly cut off by Felix's death grip. At first he was startled, but his heart dropped once he heard the soft sobs. "I-I wish I could tell you that everything will be fine. I wish I could ensure that everything is okay. But I can't. And that hurts me than all of the other shit in the world."

"I know it does." Is all Felix says, he could barely form a sentence, his mind was racing and his deafening headache pounded on the walls of his head, like it was trying to escape the situation as well.

"Let's go." Seungmin says softly. Felix breathes out a shaky, inconsistent breath and nods. Seungmin gives a short smile and the two walk slowly up to their school.

Felix ignores all the stares. He was as gray as his old hoodie (well it was Changbin's, but that's off topic). He walks past his friends on the way to his locker, ignoring their cheerful greetings and keeping his head down (ITZY surely disapproves). He doesn't even need to go to his locker, he intentionally left his things. He just doesn't want to feel the pain of knowing Today might be his last day seeing them. He wipes the stray tears from his red eyes and trudges over to them reluctantly.

"Hi." He tries to sound confident, but his words come out all high and squeaky.

"Hello." Woojin replies. He crouches down in front of him, trying to sneak a peek at Felix's thoroughly covered face. "Are you sick?" He asks.