𝖌𝖆𝖒𝖊 𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗𝖙

𝖟𝖊𝖗𝖔

-

it was like any other day for na jaemin. going to school, greeting his friends and his peers, learning whatever he needed from the teacher, then going home to do homework.

oh, he's also crushing on two boys. who are in fact, so close to dating. who are also his friends.

so, you can say jaemin's living the life.

"that's it for today class! make sure to rest well as your performance for the school fair is next week!" announced mr. bae, motioning for the remaining students to go backstage and gather their things.

jaemin was in theatre arts, along with his good friend donghyuck. and at the moment, the two were rehearsing for their big performance for the school fair.

the two were taking part of a shortened version of hamilton, a recently popular broadway musical in the western states. their teacher, mr. bae, had taken part in translating and rearranging the musical for the fair.

today, they were rehearsing one of the numbers, satisfied. one of jaemin's favorite numbers to be honest. he felt like he could relate to angelica in that number.

lee jeno was, and still his best friend. they were the bros of bros. they were each other's platonic soulmates. they were as close as angelica and her sister eliza.

every single platonic thought came crashing down as jaemin started to feel something more around the male. something not so platonic. not to mention his already raging crush on the school's sweetheart, huang renjun.

jeno had discussed his crush on the school's sweetheart too, and to say the least, jaemin felt crushed. it's not like he expected jeno to be open to polyamory, nor did he expect jeno to like him either. it was just sad.

like in the number, he had helped the two get closer to each other. being their little personal cupid. now he was just waiting for the two to get together already. by the time that happened, he hoped that these stupid feelings would go away and pass like the seasons.

it wasn't like he could possibly have both of them anyways.

"nana, you coming?" jaemin snapped out of his thoughts when donghyuck tapped his shoulder.

"huh? going where?" he asked, brows furrowed in confusion.

"to hang out at mark's. everyone's coming."

"oh yeah, sure." jaemin replied, putting on his hoodie then put his costume on a hanger.

the two walked out of the arts building with their belongings and started to make their way to mark's house. it was a short walk as they latter's house wasn't that far from campus.

"hey! mark, open up!" donghyuck yelled, his fist hammering against the door.

"hyuck, there's a doorbell for a reason." jaemin said, sighing and pinching the bridge of his nose.

"who needs a doorbell when you have me?" the elder retorted just as mark opened up the door.

"took you two long enough. everyone's already here." mark opened the door wider, letting the two males in.

inside, all of their friends we're either chilling on the couch or being complete headasses. as jaemin made his way into, he noticed jeno and renjun acting all flirty with each other whilst the others gave them knowing looks.

jaemin averted his gaze elsewhere, and made his way towards the kitchen to get some food. his heart was hurting and ice cream seemed to be the only thing to hold off the pain for now.

he swung open the freezer door, scanning mark's small selection of ice cream containers. jaemin went ahead and grabbed the sorbet and grabbed a big spoon from one of the drawers.

the male popped off the cap and began to scoop up huge amounts of it, and then shoving it in his mouth.

"you seem depressed. tell me, what on your mind?" jaemin turned to see mark standing near the doorway of the kitchen.

"couples. relationships. love. how i'll forever be alone." jaemin listed, mouth full of the cold treat.

"is it about someone here?" the elder asked, now sitting across from jaemin at the island.

"yes and plural. it's two of them."

"two? i didn't know you were polyamorous, nana."

"welp, now you know." jaemin let out a sigh,"it's just...they seem happier without me. i even helped them get closer to each other."

"have they ever shown any interest in you by any chance?" mark asked, taking the spoon from jaemin and gave himself a helping of the sorbet.

"not that i'm aware of. i'm only their 'best friend'."

"just wondering but, are you talking about jeno and renjun?"

jaemin's eyes widened for a second,"was it that obvious?"

"maybe. you really need to work of your 'staring from afar' skills." the male stated, handing the spoon back to the younger.

jaemin rolled his eyes,"it's not my fault they're so fucking fine and cute at the same time. like, how does one even do that? America explain."

mark started to laugh at the pink haired male's reference,"that was a good one."

"thanks, i know. vine will forever live within me."

-🍑-

yes, i've started a
norenmin book :)
hope y'all enjoy

i also couldn't wait to publish it, so here it is a couple weeks early :D