𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖑 𝖔𝖓𝖊

𝖔𝖓𝖊

-

jaemin sat quietly, listening to his best friend ramble about his crush. the pain was slowly pulsing and growing in his heart with every word that left the elder's mouth.

he wanted jeno to talk about him like that too. but sadly, all he was to the latter was his best friend.

a fake smile was all he could muster when the male faced him, having on one of the most radiant smiles he'd ever seen. it was ethereal. too bad that smile wasn't caused by him.

it was always like this. jaemin listening to jeno oogling about renjun, while he sat back and listened. not only that, there were a few times he had sat down with renjun, and all that came out of his mouth was jeno, jeno, and jeno.

he wasn't annoyed--well, he was, because he couldn't be gushing about them too. jaemin knew for a fact that both of them liked each other, at this point they probably love each other, and he didn't want to be in the way of that.

but he was na jaemin, he was selfless and gave. he gave so much to the point there was nothing left for himself. he knew he should've probably stop, but he couldn't. seeing the joyful states on people's faces kept him going. it filled the hole in his heart temporarily.

"nana?"

"hm?" he snapped out of his daze to see jeno's face extremely close to his.

out of pure shock, he jerked back and accidentally hit the headboard of his bed. the male let out a loud groan, feeling the pain on the back on his head.

"are you okay?!"

the elder male immediately rushed over to jaemin, checking his head for any major injuries.

"i-i'm fine, no need for the ambulance i swear." jaemin reassured, as he looked up.

and hell did he regret that decision, because he was met with his stunning best friend's face only a few centimeters away from his. for a few seconds, jaemin relished in the experience.

just admiring the male's gorgeous eyes, lashes falling perfectly in place. skin just as perfect even though a few imperfections laid upon it, jaemin still found it beautiful. lips thin but still very kissable in his mind, pink and shaped to perfection.

after those few seconds, he turned his face to the side, so the the elder was met with the younger's cheek instead.

finally realizing the situation he was in, he pushed himself off of the body below him, releasing a cough to rid of the awkward atmosphere he had created.

he didn't mean to but, he may have just realized how jaemin's eyes seemed so entrancing. just as entrancing as a certain chinese male's as well.

"a-anyways, i'll just get going. i gotta go to rehearsals." jaemin said, curt with his words before slipping off the elder's bed and exited the room.

when he closed the door shut, a hefty sigh left his lips as he put his hand on his chest, feeling his heart beat way faster than a normal person's heart would. the image of jeno being that close to him never left his mind, even during his rehearsals.

he silently thanked the heavens that he had quite a small part, since he was way too distracted for his own good. donghyuck noticed the younger acting a bit odd but brushed it aside, thinking that jaemin wasn't really feeling it today.

"alright kiddos, that's it for today! make sure you get plenty of rest because rehearsals will get a bit more vigorous these upcoming days." the director announced, closing up his copy of the script.

the students replied with a chorus of 'yes's', as they made their way backstage to gather their belongings. before jaemin could step off the stage, the director called him over. the latter jogged over to him, curious as to why the director would call him out like this.

"do you mind stopping by the art department for a bit to pick up these paints for me?" he asked, handing jaemin a sticky note with specific colors written down.

"of course."

"thank you so much jaemin, you just saved me a buttload of work piled onto a whole other buttload." the director expressed his gratefulness by patting jaemin on his shoulder then lifting himself up to get on his own way.

the pink haired male started to make his way to the art department, just letting his eyes wander around the unfamiliar space before him. he had been through here probably only two times ever since he entered school here.

so to him, this was like a whole new world for him.

through the glass windows, he could see the art studio like classrooms. each were full with something different but still related to an art form of sorts.

he then passed a room full of easels with paintings perched atop of them. the room was small, like it was used for a person or two to let their creative juices flow freely onto a white canvas.

there were four paintings in total, but one really caught his eye.

it may be a bit childish, but he he couldn't help but coo at the adorable painting. the cartoon character he remembered watching when he was younger was painted with some abstract touches.

instead of the character's normal blue eyes, it was replaced with the word 'joy'.

"do you need something?" the sudden question made jaemin jump in his spot.

"oh my—! renjun, don't sneak up on people like that!"

a quiet chuckle left the elder's lips, "why? you looked so scare-able just standing there, how could i not scare you?"

"meanie." jaemin pouted his lips, harrumphing like a little kid.

on the outside, renjun visibly cringed, but on the inside, he thought the action was quite cute. actually, jaemin was cute overall, but renjun wasn't going to admit that. neither was he going to admit his big fat crush on the male's best friend.

"anyways, do you know where i can find these paint colors?" the male raised up the sticky note that was given to him, letting renjun take a look at the list.

"yeah, just follow me. they should be in the art supply closet." renjun motioned for jaemin to follow him as he started to make his way towards their destination.

their walk started out silent until jaemin decided to pull up the painting he saw a while ago, "i saw this really cute painting just a while ago. it was a painting of the moomin character, and i was wondering if you knew who painted it."

upon hearing the short description, renjun already knew the younger was talking about the painting he had just finished a day ago. it wasn't for a project or anything, he just did it out of sheer enjoyment this time.

he didn't expect for jaemin to be suddenly so interested in the painter himself after seeing the piece. he contemplated on whether to tell the latter or not, then finally deciding there was no harm in telling that he was indeed the person who painted the piece.

"i painted that."

"really?! holy cow, i didn't know you were into moomin!" of course, that was the thing he had to point out first.

"i guess the character just stuck to me since the first time i saw it on tv as a little kid."

jaemin chuckled, "i actually find that really cute injoonie."

with that one sentence, renjun felt a familiar feeling in the pit of his stomach. the same feeling he gets when thinking or being around a certain male named lee jeno.

was this normal?

-🍑-

double update, since y'all probably read the first chapter already.