Chapter 2.

August"Here you go

August
"Here you go." I handed the girl her towels. "You really don't want me to get you some clothes? They got a big ass gift shop downstairs." I watched her dry her hair.

"No." She spoke low.

I squinted my eyes at her before leaving the room. I walked down the steps to the lobby cus a nigga don't do elevators.

I walked in the gift shop and went straight to the clothes they had. She looked like she could fit into a medium so I picked up two medium shirts, one large just in case and three pairs of shorts and some sweatpants.

"August?" I heard someone call my name multiple times. I turn around and see Lola.

"Wassup." I looked her up and down before she hugged me.

"It's been so long! How are you?" She smiled up at me.

"I'm straight. Still trynna take care of the streets."

"Oh yea that's right, you and your brothers took over that homeless shelter. Y'all always been some nice ass people."

"We try." I shrugged. "I thought you ended up moving back to Dallas?" I asked as I walked up to the front to pay for this stuff.

"Nah, Houston is where it's at." She smirked. "We need to start hanging out again." She pulled out a pen and grabbed my hand. "And you and your brothers should come see me and my girls perform." She winked at me while writing her number on my hand.

"We gon' see." I smirked as she walked away.

Lola was someone from my past and she was always down for a nigga, but once I stopped selling drugs and all that, I kinda distanced myself from her and her lil group of friends.

After paying for the stuff, I went back to the room and saw the girl still sitting on the bed watching the tv.

"I told you not to-."

"Look, I ain't finna let you walk around in wet clothes. Here." I sat the clothes in front of her. "And I wrote my number down if you need me." I placed the piece of paper next to the phone.

"You're going out there? The rain is really bad."

"My house right down the street from this hotel. I'm straight." I spoke while grabbing my keys. "My card is also being.. what you call it.. billed? So if you get hungry, just eat whatever."

"You don't even know me and you're doing all of this.. why?" She looked up at me.

"Just go get out them clothes." I spoke before walking out.