Chapter 12.

Authors note: Hi readers, I've missed all of y'all! ❤️ I'm so sorry for going ghost on y'all, I've been dealing with a few personal issues and Wattpad was the least of my worries. But ya girl is back and better! Thanks to everyone who checked on me.

Y'all ready for all these updates?
-
August

When I made it to the house, I seen Lola was already here

When I made it to the house, I seen Lola was already here. On my way here, I was thinking about what she could possibly want.

I walked in and locked the door behind me before walking into the living room where I knew she'd be.

"What's up?" I sat my keys down on the coffee table and sat next to her.

"You look like you've been crying, what's wrong with you?" She touched my probably red cheeks.

"Found our one of the dudes at the shelter was killed."

"Oh, I'm sorry to hear that." She touched my arm. "I'm sorry for bothering you."

"Nah, I need a distraction anyway so what you gotta tell me."

"I... Remember that day I woke up feeling sick? And you asked me what I ate and all that?"

"Yea.." I frowned.

"I went to the doctors and turns out I'm not sick."

"Aight, that's good. So what you tellin' me this fa'?"

"August, I'm pregnant." She kinda smiled. "And you're the only guy I've been with."

My jaw kinda dropped and I sat up.

"How far along is you?"

"Two months. I'm sorry to drop it on you the way I did, I was actually pretty nervous about telling you. I didn't want you to be mad or-.."

"Nah, I'm not mad. Just shocked a little."

"So-.."

She stopped talking when she saw my phone start ringing. Celiné picture popped up.

"Who's Celiné?" She frowned.

"One of my friends." I clicked the green icon. "Wassup?"

"Where'd you go? Are you okay?"

"Yea, I'm straight. I came back to the house."

"Okay.. I just wanted to make sure you were good. I'm sorry if I made you mad."