Chapter 4.

Celiné

Celiné

"Momma!" I called out for her as I entered her home.

"I'm right here bab-.. Oh my god! Where was he!" She rushed over to me and took Chad out of my arms.

"He was with August at the shelter." I took my jacket off and sat the keys down. "That asshole dropped him off there."

"Derrick? Ugh!" She groaned. "Listen Celiné. You're done with that son of a bitch." She looked at me with stern. "I hate to cuss you, but I need you to know that I'm serious."

"I'm done with him momma." I sat down. "I just have to go back to the house and get our stuff."

"Isn't the house in your name? He didn't have a job before you two moved in there."

"Yes, it's in my name, but I don't want it. Too many bad memories."

"I knew I heard my daughters voice." My dad spoke as he came down the steps.

"Hey dad."

"What's the matter? Why y'all seem upset?"

"Céline." My mom looked at me.

I looked at my dads natural mean face and got scared. I've always known that he'd do anything for his girls - He doesn't play when it comes to us.

"Derrick threw her out yesterday and left Chad at the homeless shelter." My mom spoke.

"Mom! I was going to tell him!" I looked at her.

"Make it quick next time."

"Derrick did what?" His voice got deep.

"Dad don't do this in front of Chad, please?" I watched him turn angry.

"Oh, Derrick got one coming for hi-.."

"Greg." My mom stopped him.

"This is why I didn't want to tell him." I sighed. "You guys don't have to worry about it. I can handle Derrick myself."

They looked at me for a few seconds before looking at each other.

"You do what you gotta do but I swear Celiné if you give him another chance-.."

"I'm not." I cut my mom off. "It's just going to be hard to get this divorce." I played with my fingers.

"We're here if you need us baby girl." My dad patted my shoulder before picking up Chad. "Come on son, I got some new stuff to show you." He walked to his man cave.