Chapter 15.

Celiné

"Turn." The security woman spoke to me as she was patting me down. "You're all good, have a nice day." She smiled.

I grabbed my personal belongings out of the box and proceeded over to the elevator, where my lawyer, Sophie was.

"Good morning Celiné." She smiled at me. "You ready for today?"

"Of course. My parents came along with me, they'll be up in a second." I spoke as we stepped into the elevator.

"Okay, that's great. The more support you have, the better. Now today, I'll be doing most of the talking. Basically what I'll be doing this morning is showing the courtroom that Derrick isn't fit to have full custody of Chad and from what I've been practicing, I am one hundred percent sure that the judge will go with you having full custody." She explained.

"That makes me feel good." I smiled.

"Good. Now let's go rock this." She giggled.
-
"Is Chad present in the courtroom today?" The judge asked while looking at me and Derrick.

We had to stand next to each other in front of the judge as our lawyers were right next to us.

"Yes. He's sitting with his maternal grandparents." Sophie spoke.

"Okay, great. Let's get this started, shall we? But before we do, I need an agreement. I need you two to keep things cordial in my courtroom." The judge spoke while looking at me and Derrick.

Derrick eyed me and gave me an evil smirk. "Yes your honor." He spoke.
-
I pushed the door open and walked out of the courtroom with my parents right behind me.

"Celiné, this is just the first hearing. You don't have to be upset." My mom handed me Chad as my father patted my back.

"I know, it's just that Derrick lies so much and he's so damn good at it. He only wants Chad because he knows it'll bring me back to him." I dried my eyes.

Since it was just the first hearing, the judge hasn't decided on who gets full custody, but she stated that both parties had very good arguments and it was too soon to decide. The thing is, Derrick and his slow ass lawyer lied on my name about many things.

Derrick's Lawyer told the judge that I was homeless, I have no job and he also told the judge that they were concerned about me doing drugs. I've never done drugs nor took one sip of liquor, but Derrick can't relate.

"So next month when we come back, the judge will have more of a side to pick. Our argument was strong today, next time it'll be even more stronger, trust and believe." Sophie spoke to me as we walked outside.

"Thank you." I gave her a small smile.

"Celiné!" I heard someone calling my name.

We turn around and I see Derrick walking up to me.

"Me and Chad are going to the car." My mom took him out of my hands and walked off.

"What the hell do you want?" My dad asked him.

"Look, I didn't mean for all of that to go down like that. I told my lawyer not to but-.."