Chapter 9.

LolaI took my coat off and sat it on the back of my chair before looking at myself in the mirror

Lola
I took my coat off and sat it on the back of my chair before looking at myself in the mirror. I needed to decide how I wanted to do my makeup and what outfit to wear for my performance tonight.

"Hey Bunny." I heard a voice. I turn around and see my girl Honey.

"Hey." I smiled. "Where were you yesterday?"

"With Mr.Hotshot." She rolled her eyes. "His ass was crying over another bitch yesterday so I went to go help him out." She spoke before throwing her gum out. "Why? Was TJ asking about me?"

"Nah, I just wanted to perform with you. You know them other hoes barely know how to move." I laughed while taking my hair out of it's bun.

"True that. You, Janice, and Niecy."

"Janice been acting funny towards me so I don't even talk to her."

"How she been acting funny?"

"Yesterday for example, she kept giving me a stank look, and when she came off stage the bitch bumps into me acting like she ain't see me there." I rolled my eyes.

"She's probably in one of her moods, just ignore it." She shrugged. "I heard one of those sound cloud rappers were supposed to be coming here tonight, be ready."

"Yea." I laughed. "I will."

Celiné

"Okay, now sign here." My lawyer, Emily spoke. I picked my pen back up and signed my name once again.

I was ready to officially be divorced from Derrick, but of course he wanted to fight back, so he's asking for full custody of Chad, but I am as well. There's no reason why I wouldn't be able to keep my son, on the other hand, Derrick has at least three things on his background — One having to do with a child.

"Alright, now you're all set." She smiled. "And remember, when you come to court he will be there, so just try to keep it cordial."

"I'll try." I sighed. "Thanks for helping me out."

"No problem." She smiled. "Stay safe."

"You too." I spoke before closing the door and locking it.

I grabbed my phone out of my back pocket debating if I wanted to text August.

"Nah.." I spoke to myself. "He's probably sick of me."

I walked to Chad's room to make sure he was okay. I turned on the baby monitor and checked the windows. I hate that there's windows in his room but there was nothing I could do about it.

August

The next morning I got up extra early so I can open up the building. Travis had texted me that Guerra wasn't there and he had lost his key.

When I let everyone in, I went over to the thermostat and turned the heater on. It felt like New York outside.

"So where you think Guerra went? He always here." Travis asked me as I sat down.

"Man, I don't know. It is strange though." I took my hat off. "Maybe he with some family."

"Who knows. He'll probably show up later on."

"You talk to Melvin yet?"

"Nah, he gotta take the girls shopping for they school uniforms today so I ain't trynna bother him 'til he get hea'."

"Aight." I spoke before looking at my vibrating phone. It was Celiné calling me.

"Morning." I smiled.

"Good morning." She spoke. "What you doing?"

"Nothing yet. I just got to the shelter. Guerra is M.I.A right now."

"Does he have a phone? Have you guys tried calling him?"

"Nah, he don't fool with all that tech stuff." I chuckled. "What you got goin' on?"

"Well, I just got done cooking this big ass breakfast for the family and I was going to stop by your house and bring you a plate, but never mind."

"Damn, you woke up thinking bout me and shit." I laughed.

"No..." She dragged before giggling.

"Well, I do want a plate. You want me to stop by?"

"No, I can bring you your plate. I want to come up there anyway."

"Aight, don't be in no rush to leave."

"You ain't nobody important." She laughed.

"Yea aight." I chuckled. "See you in a bit."

"Okay." She spoke before hanging the phone up.

"That must'a been ya lil girlfriend." Travis sat in front of me. "Because everyone know Aug don't answer the phone for these hoes." He laughed.

"Man, gone with allat." I snickered. "She just a friend."

"Alright so you wouldn't mind me taking her out then?"

"What?" I looked at him.

"Admit you like that girl." He laughed some more before walking off.

I do like her but that's not anybody business just yet.
-
Copyright © 2018 YumGucci

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write the publisher, addressed "Attention: Permissions Coordinator,".