Chapter 17.

Sorry for any misspellings and errors!
-
Janice

I walked into my place of work expecting nobody to be here, but instead I see Lola at her vanity already.

I won't pick with her tonight, only because I have a headache.

I sat my stuff down and took my hoodie off, trying to decide on which look I wanted to go with today.

"Hey." I looked in my mirror and seen Lola facing my way. "Could you tell your sister to leave my man alone? I'd ask her myself but I don't know any of her socials."

I rolled my eyes and decided to ignore her. I pulled my makeup out and started on my eyebrows first.

"So now you decide to be quiet? When you can't back up your whore of a sister actions."

I got up out my chair and walked over to her.

"Listen, I don't know what lil pretend beef you and my sister got, but I'm damn sure not gon' let you talk shit about her to me, that's one thing I won't let slide. If this is about August, then baby girl wake up and stop thinking that nigga actually wants you because he doesn't, okay? It's not my sisters fault for being more of a classy and prettier bitch than you could ever be. Now, this is a warning. Keep our names out ya mouth or next time I'm dragging yo fake pregnant ass out of this club." I looked her up and down before walking back to my vanity.

I knew that would keep her scary ass quiet for the rest of the night. I wonder what happened between her and Celiné though. She hasn't told me anything about August now that I think of it.

I'll ask her about it tomorrow.

There was a knock on the door and I seen my managers son, Andreas.

"Hey Dre." Lola spoke to him.

"Wassup mama." He smiled at her. "Where everyone else at?"

"Not here yet, obviously." I looked at him. "What do you want?"

"I was just coming to check on y'all, damn." He frowned. "I need to talk to you anyway."

I turned around and seen Lola was focused back on picking out her outfit for tonight.

"Make it quick." I spoke before getting up and following him out. We walked over to his father's office and he locked the door behind us.

"What's up with you? Why you acting like that towards me?" He walked closer to me.

"I'm just not in the mood for anyone's bullshit tonight. What do you want to talk to me about? And where's TJ?" I asked about his dad.

"He's on his way, I had to come here quick." He shook his head.

I dropped my head a little bit, trying not to make eye contact with him. We both got quiet for a second.

"So, are you okay?" He got closer.

"I'm fine.." I sniffed. "I should get back to-.."

"C'mon Janice, talk to me, please." He held my hands. "Have you told anyone?"

"No, and it's staying that way." I looked at him. "It's too late anyway."