Chapter 6.

August

The next day I woke up and I wasn't feeling good at all. My head was pounding like I had a hangover and my whole body was sore, I felt weak.

I sat up and grabbed my phone off the nightstand and went straight to my momma contact.

Aug: Ma, u up? Feeling sick 🤒 - 9:45 AM.

Mama: What's wrong? - 9:50 AM

Aug: My head is pounding and my body feel weak. Just come, moved the spare key. It's under the door mat. - 9:56 AM

Mama: Such a unique hiding spot son. I'm on my way. - 9:56 AM

I laughed at her lil remark before going to my other unread messages - A few from Lola, one from my niece, and the last one from Celiné. Last night we exchanged numbers and I promised I'd text first, but she beat me.

I opened her message and texted her back.

Celiné: Good morning. I really enjoyed our conversation last night. Thanks for helping me out. - 7:23 AM.

August: No biggie 😬 Chad good? - 9:58 AM.

Celiné: Just waking up? And yes. I think he misses you though ☺️. - 10:00 AM.

August: Mhm, he told you that? - 10:01 AM.

Celiné: Okay 😂 It's me that misses you. Can I come by? - 10:02 AM.

August: Nah not right now, feeling sick. - 10:02 AM

Celiné: U need anything? - 10:02
AM.

August: Hmm...🤔 - 10:03 AM

Celiné: Nvm. Bye boy 😂😂 - 10:03 AM.

I laughed at her last message before putting my phone down. I got up and walked to my bathroom so I could brush my teeth and wash my face.

"Damn I need an edge up.." I spoke to myself while running my fingers through my hair.

After I got done with my morning routine, I walked downstairs and I seen my mama in the kitchen and it smelled like she was making soup.

"When you get here?" I asked her as I sat at the island.

"I been got here, boy. I just didn't disturb you because no telling who you may have in the bed." She joked.

"Yea, yea. What you making?"

"Well, I'm making myself some broccoli cheese soup - You can eat whatever. I brought you your medicine though." She smirked.

"What you get?" I asked before grabbing the Walgreens bag.

"I grabbed you a bottle of Tylenol and some Benadryl, and you said you been feeling weak right?" She looked at me.