Chapter 7.

August

"You like it, don't you?" I was asking Chad as I fed him some of the sweet and sour chicken that was on my plate.

The restaurant I wanted to go to was way too packed, so Celiné suggested Chinese, and I couldn't pass it up.

"I'm surprised he's even engaging with you. He doesn't even do this with my dad." She smiled at him as he reached in my plate.

"Maybe I should settle down and have my own kids before I steal yours." I joked.

"Are you talking to anyone?"

"Nah, but there's this one girl I been playing with since like..." I stopped to think. "Twenty-sixteen?"

"What do you mean by playing with?"

I gave her the eye to let her know I was talking about sex.

"August!" She threw her napkin at me before laughing. "You've been dogging her, not playing."

"I mean, what's the difference?" I chuckled.

"Why won't you get with her?"

"That's like asking to get cheated on." I shook my head. "I'm pretty sure she aight on where we stand."

"As fuck buddies?" She laughed.

"Okay, that's enough." I laughed with her. "You talk to Mr. I-like-to-put-my-family-out?"

"That's his nickname?"

"For now, yes."

She laughed a lil bit. "No, we haven't spoken, but I did run into him the other night. He was trying to convince me to come back, told him no, and went on about my day."

"You think he'll change? I mean, I don't know anyone who wouldn't feel guilty for treating they family like that, especially they only kid."

She looked away from me before fiddling with her fingers. "I know he won't change... He said that last time."

"This not the first time it happened?"

"No, last time I was too dumb to leave him. That's why my sister hates him so much."

"Mhm." I listened to her while feeding Chad.

"And Chad isn't his only kid. He has two other boys, but their mother won't allow Derrick to see them."

"You know why?"

"No, he never talks about them." She sighed. "But he does send money every month, it's just..."

"Just what?"

"Every time he sends her money, it shows that she declines it, but the money still ends up somewhere, I just don't know what he spends it on." She tapped her fingers on the table.

"Wait, he doesn't know you know? What kinda marriage is this?" I chuckled.

"I know, it's all twisted. That's why I'm signing the divorce papers."

"Good." I gave Chad his juice. "Lil man need a better role model in his life."

"So I told you all my business, tell me more about miss fuck buddy." She grinned before sipping her drink, making me laugh.
-
"You good?" I looked at her as I pulled up in front of her crib.

"Yea." She smiled. "I appreciate you for helping me out and stuff."

"It's nothing." I waved her off. "Let me know if you trynna go out again."

"Most definitely. I like Italian food by the way." She smiled and took off her seatbelt.

"I'll keep that in mind." I laughed a little bit. I got out the car and helped her with Chad's car seat.

"Thank you." She was about to take the car seat out my hands.

"Nah, I got it. You just carry him." I closed my door.

"Okay, here." She handed me her car keys so I could put the car seat back in her car. "I'll be right back."

I unlocked her car doors and put the car seat how she had it before. My phone started ringing, I check it and see Lola calling me.

"This Aug." I answered before closing and locking Celiné car door back.

"Hey, are you home?"

"Uh, nah, why wassup?"

"I have a surprise for you. Text me when you make it back to your place."

"Aight." I chuckled before hanging up.

I watched Celiné come back out the house and she had a gift bag in her hand.

"I forgot to give this to you earlier. It's just a little thank you gift." She handed it to me. "And I didn't spend that much money, so don't even trip." She looked up at me.

"It better not be something expensive eitha'." I looked her up and down before she started to laugh. "What you doin' tomorrow?"

"I'm going to meet with this realtor tomorrow, why?"

"After you finish with everything you gotta do, text me so we can go eat."

"Sounds good. I'll think about it."

"Nah, it wasn't a choice." I laughed while walking off. "Night Celiné!"

"Good night boy." She laughed.
-
Copyright © 2018 YumGucci

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write the publisher, addressed "Attention: Permissions Coordinator,".