Chapter 13.

I didn't proof read, sorry for any mistakes. ❤️

Celiné

After a week of not talking each other, August reached out to me today and he wanted to spend time with me, alone

Chad was at daycare so it was fine for him to come over.

"Damn, you got it set up nice in here." He looked around before sitting at my island.

"Yea, I majored in interior design through college." I smiled.

"That's wassup." He chuckled. "How you been?"

"Good. I'm nervous because I have court tomorrow and it's a lot on my mind." I sat in front of him. "What about you?"

"I been aight. Today was Guerra's funeral. Shit was sad."

"Why didn't you tell me? I would've came."

"Figured you was busy." He shrugged.

"Are you okay?" I placed my hand on his.

"I'm good. Remember the girl I told you I was messin' round with?"

"Yea, what's her name?"

"Lola. She just found out she's pregnant." He cleared his throat. "It don't feel real."

"Why doesn't it seem real? Aren't you excited?"

"I'm just nonchalant about it. I don't trust her like that."

"Well ask her when the next appointment is and go with her."

"I'll probably do that." He licked his lips. "I really just wanted to come by here 'cause I missed seeing you." He smiled.

"August." I laughed. "Stop lying." I got up and went to grab a water bottle.

"Nah, I'm serious. I miss ya' lil jokes and shit."

"No, you just need a friend." I rose a brow. "And as a friend, there's something I feel like I should tell you."

"If it's bad news, I ain't trynna hea' it."

"It's not bad news." I smiled. "I just wanted to let you know that I admire you."

"You admire me?" He looked at me in confusion. "I ain't no Obama or no shit."

"Well, you're a great person. My whole life I've never met anyone like you. You're like a 'save the world' button that God keeps pushing on."