Chapter 5.

Celiné

The next day my sister and I drove down to Derrick's office to see what he wanted to talk about. My mom agreed to keep Chad for me.

"If he say some off the wall shit, I'm beating his ass." Janice spoke.

"Come on, let's just get this over with." I sighed.

We walked into the building and walked straight for the elevators so we could get to the top floor.

Derrick worked under a construction company, founded by his great grandfather, built up by his grandfather, now owned by him.

When we reached the top floor, we stepped off and stood directly in front of his front desk assistant.

"Oh, Mrs.Woods, it's-.."

"Yea, anyway, let Derrick know I'm here." I spoke before signing in.

"Well, he's currently not busy so if you want to just walk-.."

I didn't let her finish her sentence, I ended up walking towards his office.

I opened the door and seen him sitting there, talking to someone on the phone.

"Hey, let me call you right back... Yea, some junk I have to deal with." He smirked at me before hanging up his phone. "You could've called before you showed up." He stood.

"Just tell me what you want." I crossed my arms, shifting all my weight to the left side.

He pulled a big orange envelope from his desk and held it out for me to grab. I snatched it from him before opening it up - The first word I seen was Divorce.

"I strongly suggest you get yourself a lawyer." He walked around his desk. "There's something else I need to tell you." He spoke as I looked through the papers. I wasn't even mad about it - I was more embarrassed.

"What is it?" I looked up at him.

"I want full custody of Chad."

"Bullshit!" My sister stepped up to him.

"You bastard." I spoke softly. "You don't even know him like I do. You don't know anything about him."

"I just feel like financially wise, I'd be able to take care of him better and besides, I can provide a home for him - You can't." He grinned.

And he was right. Literally everything was in his name. We have a joint bank account but he probably would take everything out of it anyway and the house was in his name - Everything.

"Or..." He walked closer to me and took the papers out of my hand. "You can continue to be the woman I first married..." He kissed my hand. "...First fell in love wit-..."

"Celiné he's tricking you, let's go." Janice cut him off.

"You know what.." He rubbed his chin. "You and Chad just come home." He looked at before giving Janice the evil eye.

"Nigga if you feeling froggy then leap!" Janice sat her purse down.

"J-Janice." I stopped her. "Let's leave." I grabbed her hand and we walked out.
-
When we got back to moms house, I already knew it was about to be some yelling because I know Janice is going to tell mom everything.