Chapter 18.

August

When I got to the shelter, I seen Travis and Melvin talking to some cops while Ma and Cha was helping everyone with their stuff.

"So what's up?" I asked when I got over to where my brothers were.

"Who are you?" The cop asked me.

"This our brotha', he owns this building." Melvin spoke.

"Do you have any idea on who could've done this?"

"Nah, if I did y'all wouldn't be here." I looked at him.

"Aug, chill man." Melvin said.

"Look, we suggest you guys close this place down for a day or two just so we can help catch who did this and clean up the mess. Here's my card if you find out anything." The police officer gave Melvin the card before walking off.

"First it's the thing with Mr.G, now it's this breaking in?" Travis spoke. "Swear, it's starting to seem like someone's targeting this building." He shook his head before walking off.

"I can come back later and clean this shit up, but right now I gotta get back to Cha and the girls." Melvin said. "Don't stress yourself about this." He patted my back before walking away.
-
After cleaning up the mess that was here, I stayed back for a while so I could make sure the locks were good. When the community heard about the break-in, some people brought blankets and stuff for the homeless.

One guy even brought us a new and better security system, so I was thankful for that because I didn't want to spend money on a whole new one.

Just as I was about to leave, I see Celiné pull up. I seen she had been blowing up my phone and stuff, but I wasn't trynna talk to her right now.

"Hey, are you okay?" She got out her car. "I've been trying to call you and-.."

"I know." I cut her off.

"Look, I know keeping stuff from you was wrong, and I'm here to apologize for that, but can you stop being an asshole?" She walked up to me. "Cha called and told me what happened, so I got some stuff."

"You didn't have to do that, we got plenty of stuff already."

"Oh well, you're gonna have more." She spoke before popping her trunk. "And I got you something, just another way to apologize."

"What is it?" I followed her to her trunk.

I seen she had got hella pillows, clothes, blankets, and toys for the kids here.

"Okay, I got you this." She handed me a bag while smiling.

I opened the bag and it was a black shirt. I unfold it and it says Not a daddy.

"You play too much bruh." I chuckled.

"I knew I'd get a laugh out of you." She smiled. "Also, you're invited to dinner tonight."

"Yo ass can not cook." I spoke while taking the stuff out her trunk.

"Yes I can, asshole." She lightly pushed me. "You just wait."
-
Celiné