Public Execution (1)

"Ah I want beef jerky right now" Izuku sighs.

"What is this beef jerky you speak of?" Endeavor asks.

"I don't think you know it, it's like dried up meat sticks... Ah no, I'm getting hungry!" Izuku whines.

"We'll get you some later, for now, patrol"

He was currently out patrolling with Endeavor, and Shoto is patrolling with All Might, amazing.

Izuku uses zoom as a quirk and watches people from below Endeavor's tower.

"This is going to sound weird but can I have a blood sample of you next time?"

"... Why would you need such a thing?"

"Emergency uses"

"... I'll think about it"

What are you doing is there ever going to be a time where you might need to disguise yourself as Endeavor?

Emergency uses, maybe someone will come for him for blackmail and I can cover for him.

"I think someone is robbing that highschool girl" Izuku said, pointing at the scene.

"He's an idiot for doing so infront of the agency building-"

"Wait wait wait- don't move", Izuku squints harder

"Let's leave them be"

"Leave them be...?"

"I think that's Himiko Toga, a villain, I think they're purposely trying to get your attention, just get one of your sidekicks to take care of them instead"

"Luring me out?" Izuku nods.

"...fine" Endeavor sighs and quickly makes a phone call, walking away from Izuku, Izuku keeps his eye on the two, soon enough Endeavor's sidekick come through, they make a retreat to an alleyway, probably going to be teleported away or something.

"There, does that satisfy you?"

"They retreated to an Alleyway, if your sidekicks can't find them that probably means they escaped through portal, it looks like they really just wanted to lure you..." Izuku frowns suddenly not liking where this is going, he has a horrible twisting feeling in his gut that something is about to happen soon.

"Endeavor-san? Don't let past feelings affect you, remember, a villain is a villain, no matter what, blood relations don't matter"

"Of course I know that, why are you telling me this?"

"Just... Incase you forget" Izuku lowers his mouth guard and smiles.

"Can we get beef jerky now? Pretty please?" Endeavor sighs

"All right"

They quickly got down from the tower via elevator, Izuku asks why they just don't jump off buildings since Endeavor can probably glide with his fire, the man only states that it would be a waste of energy to do so. Endeavor follows him to a grocery store where Izuku just grabs a hand full of packets.

"Do you usually eat this many?"

"No but I really want to eat a lot right now"

"Don't you usually have those... granolas instead?" Izuku nods

"I do but I want something more savoury this time" Izuku quickly pays for his stuff.

"Now that you mention it, where do you get the money to splurge this much on snacks?" Izuku shrugs

"My dad gives me allowance" was all he says, the moment they step out of the store, Izuku rips a packet open and happily chews on one, he hands one to Endeavor who sniffs it before hesitantly eating it.

"Good?"

"It's adequate"

____________________

"You like the beef jerky?"

"No" Endeavor says, taking a handful and shoving it in his mouth.

"Whatever you say"

The recent hours has been quite peaceful, he recognises a lot of villains from the league but they're mostly watching them. Or more specifically, Izuku.

Izuku knows that his hero name is semi popular right now, but because he hasn't exactly been patrolling that much he thought that the league wouldn't really take much notice of him, not to mention, he's not that popular, why aim for him when you can aim for the number two hero, Endeavor? Whatever it doesn't really matter, if they want a show then it's a show that they will get.

But first-

"Oh my god it looks so real" Izuku said, fiddling with the fake knife Endeavor gave him as a 'gift'. It looked like a knife except for the fact that the blade retracts itself unto its handle practically making it useless, still it was pretty cool, he can imagine all sorts of prank he can play with these, he quickly tucks it in his pocket.

"Do not hassle anyone with that, you will not cause any public disturbance with that toy"

"Got it sir!" He grins.

Izuku made himself comfortable on the ledge of the building, swaying his legs like a kid as he watched people pass by.

"You'll end up a splat on the sidewalk if you're not careful, you have super strength, not endurance, remember that" Izuku nods, completely ignoring Endeavor's warning,

"Who knows, maybe I do want to be a splat on the sidewalk, this part of the city is too gray, some color would bring it back to life!" He chirps

"Do not utter words like that, do you have no fear over death?" Endeavor gruffs and walks towards him before sitting next to him "this isn't fun at all, I don't understand why you'd want to waste time here, watching instead of doing something else productive"

"Like what? I don't really have anything to do... and of course sitting by the ledge is just boring, but there's nothing I can do, atleast no villain is attacking this part of this city yet" Izuku hums

"You did not answer my first question"

"I thought you already know the answer, do you need clarification?" Izuku stands up "If you want, you can go down there and I'll jump, it's up to you whether you want to catch me or not, either way that should make my answer clear to you"

"... you're foolish for having a mindset like that"

"What's wrong with not fearing death? It comes and goes whether we want it or not, why not embrace it when it comes?"

"..." Endeavor was quiet, Izuku sits back down.

"It's not that I want to die or anything like that, but I wouldn't mind if I got in a situation where there's nothing left to do but die, plus I'd finally know what happens after you die! Also I can finally haunt you, if I die I'll haunt you everyday, even death won't let you get rid of me" He chirps

In my case, I just go back at the start of the day

It's not exactly bad but

Sometimes I wonder what it would be like if I didn't

"You're speaking as if I want to get rid of you" Izuku's eyes widen, the word spoken was so soft, almost like, a whisper, if he hadn't been so keen on hearing a response, he probably wouldn't hear it.

"...Thank you" He says back with equal softness. Endeavor huffs and stands up.

"I think it's safe to say that this area won't be contaminated by villains for now, lets move on to the next area"