Ch 43

The next day rolled around like any other day. I woke up to the sun shining through my window and the sound of Charlie barking outside. I sat up in my queen size bed and rubbed my eyes. My phone sat on the nightstand next to the bed and shortly buzzed. I rolled over to see a few random notifications from facebook, twitter, and instagram. I unlocked my phone and opened my various apps with notifications. I started with facebook to just see that a friend had liked a post I shared. Twitter just notified me of a tweet from one of the multiple record labels I followed. Lastly, instagram notified me of a new post I was tagged in. It was a post by Emily. The post was a short video of me doing a quick shred at guitar center. The caption said 'Just my insanely skilled best friend laying down sick shreds that could possibly top Jacky Vincent :)' It was taken the day that I had met all of the guys. I smiled and liked the video. 

       I closed the app just to reopen it to post a comment. 'Sick shreds for sure, but I'm far from the Godlike skill of THE @jackyvincent.' I posted the comment with a smile plastered to my face before closing the app to text Emily. 

Me: Nice instagram post you fool XD You know damn well I am not anywhere as good as Jacky.

     Within seconds I had a response. 

Emily: Oh shut up. That look on his face that day wasn't just because you're pretty. You have skill too girly! 

    I read the message and laughed a bit to myself. I haven't even been here 3 days and I already miss the crap out of her. 

     I sighed and decided It was just about time to get something to eat. I roll the blankets off my legs and climb out of bed. I casually stroll over to my mirror to checkout how much of a hot mess  I was at the moment. My oversized jurassic park shirt hung off my shoulders loosely and covered a majority of my black under amour shorts. I shrugged and started to make my way down to the kitchen. 

    The moment I turned the corner to the kitchen, the smell of burned toast assaulted my nose. "Oui, Who likes their toast well done?" I joke as I enter the kitchen. Derek looked over his shoulder with a slightly salter look on his face. "Oof, whats got your boxers in a twist?" I joked again as he sat down with his charred toast. 

    "Someone changed the toaster settings and it over cooked my toast." Derek whined and smothered the bread with butter  before taking a loud crunching bite. Shaking my head, I open the fridge to see what looked good. I gather the gallon of milk and a box of Frosted Flakes and start to shovel spoonfuls into my face. As me and Derek sat there, Jacky and Ryan filtered in at their own pace. Jacky sat next to me with a bagel in hand and Ryan poured himself a heaping bowl of Cinnamon Toast Crunch. 

    The 4 of us sat there munching away with some idle conversation between mouthfuls. Derek finished his toast and sat around talking while the last of us finished eating. A few moments later, Ronnie comes walking in with Charlie stomping around by his feet. Ronnie grabs a bagel and sits down with the rest of us. With a mouth full of bagel Ronnie starts to talk "So I just got off the phone with Andy." He states as he swallows his bit. 

   I raise an eyebrow at him. "Andy from Black Veil Brides?" I question and Ronnie nods. 

    "He Is throwing a halloween party next week. And a bunch of other bands and such are going. We are all invited." Ronnie smiles, I sit up a bit in my seat as I imagine meeting all of these other bands on a personal level, but that idea quickly fades. I'm probably not invited since I'm not part of the band. I'm just some chick who they happened to pick up and who now lives with them. 

    I sat there sulking in my own thoughts for a few moments as I swirled my spoon in my now soggy Frosted Flakes. "By the way Abby." Ronnies voice breaks me from my thoughts and I look up to him. "I wouldn't think you would wear anything super slutty, but Ashely Purdy is going to be there. So dress how you want, but know that the sluttier you dress, the more he will hit on you." Ronnie states and takes another bit of his bagel. I nod my head in understanding and place my bowl in the sink before making my way back to my room. 

     I sat on my bed and scrolled throw Facebook on my phone when a knock came at my door. "Come in," I called and the door opened to reveal Jacky, Ryan, and Derek. "Hey, guys. What's up?" I question and set my phone down next to me. 

     "We don't have costumes for this party yet, and we didn't think you did either. Want to come with?" Ryan asks. 

     I get up from my bed. "Sure, just give me a bit to get changed." They all nod and walk out of my room while closing the door behind them. I quickly throw on a pair of grey jeans and some Om&m shirt. I brushed my hair and applied some eyeliner and mascara before slipping my shoes on and walking down the stairs to see all of they guys dressed and ready to go. We all pile into Ryans car and make our way to Party City. 

    Once we get there, we all run in and start looking around at various costumes. I wondered by myself though the women costumes while the guys were all looking at the mens costumes. I flipped through the costumes and took a few off the shelf to think about. One was Harley Quinn, another was a Sandy Costume from Grease in her all leather jumpsuit outfit, and the third one was a firefighter outfit. Both the firefighter and the Harley Quinn outfits were both short. The Sandy Costume was tight from shoulder to ankle. Deciding against the curly blonde wig for the Sandy costume, I set it back on the shelf. 

     I stood there looking between the two of the costumes when Ryan wondered down the aisle with a fireball whiskey costume in hand. He looks over my shoulder and points to the Harley Quinn. "OHHHH get that oneeeee!" He whines in my ear and I cringe. I look over at him and he nods his head enthusiastically. I agree and set the firefighter costume down. We start making our way to the front when Derek turns the end of the aisle with a rick Grimes costume in hand. Derek takes a look at my costume and nods in approval. 

    "I like it, Ashley might like it too." Derek jokes and I cringe while imagining Ashley hitting on me. I have never been one that was hit on a whole lot, but the few times It happens, I get really uncomfortable. The 3 of is keep walking to the front while Jacky was off doing who knows what. We get in line after a few other people and start to wait. Not long after Jacky shows up with none other than a Joker costume in hand. 

    He must not have looked at my costume because he was take aback by what happened. Ryan looked between me and Jacky with a smug look on his face. "OHHH Matchy matchy..." He says pointing at our costumes. Jacky's face turned pink and he looks down. 

    "Oh shit. I can go get something else." Jacky mutters and looks at me. I shake my head and shrug. 

    "There will probably be plenty other Jokers there. Its fine, dont worry about finding something else." I state and take a step closer to the checker as the line gets shorter. Jacky nods and Ryan still gives us the smug look on his face. I shake my head and Ryan winks before turning around and putting his costume down in front of the checker. We all pay for what we got and make our way back to the house.