3.What the fu..

Tuesday rolled around a lot quicker than Ell anticipated quickly rushing round her house trying to find her purse when there was a knock on her door. She wiped her sweaty palms on her dress and put a smile on her flustered face quickly opening the door taking herself by surprise with how quick she opened it, her eyes landed on another Midwife who was at her door her smile swiftly dropped expecting to see the young handsome man stood in front of her but instead there stood an middle age woman out of breathe and begging for Ell to help. 

"Ell please help me Mrs.Alexander is in labour and i don't know what to do i think the baby is breached"

"Okay okay" Ell muttered briskly getting her shoes on turning to lock her door as fast as she could 

"Hurry" the older woman shouted and with they take off into a sprint down the road. "Mrs.Alexander" Ell shouted slamming open the door hearing a scream come from the kitchen. 

"Mrs.Alexander it's okay i'm here i'm just going to check on the baby is that okay?" she nodded her head knowing who i was from her previous check ups at the clinic. I put my hand on her stomach feeling around the stretched skin and the other midwife was in fact correct and the baby was breached "Right Mrs.Alexander i'm going to need you to be as calm as you can be okay" 

"I'll try,i'm just nervous" she mumbled back 

"That's fine, i understand" i smiled at her, that's when she let out another blood curdling scream. 

Skip the time she gives birth because i'm saving that for a special somebody ;)

After house of screaming and torture for the poor woman the baby was delivered and thank bloody god. Covered in blood, vomit and tears Ell sat back with a proud smile lingering on her lips. 

"Thank you Ell i could never have done this on my own, can't believe you're 17 and better Midwife than me and i have had this job for the past 20 years and you've been doing it for what barely a year" Ell just smiled "No problem, i better be getting off, Angie you make sure Mrs.Alexander gets comfy and do the checks on the baby" And with that Ell made her way home, stumbling her way down to cobble path deciding that today she would take the short cut down a little alleyway her eyes landing on some men covered in alcohol and what looks like to their own sick. It gave Ell an queasy feeling in her stomach quickening her pace more she was just about to take another step when somebody grabbed her upper arm.

Finn's POV

"Finn get here now" Tommy bellowed throughout the betting den, jumping to my feet i made my way into John's little office where John himself and Thomas were seated. "I hear you have a little date today" Tommy smirked at me.

"Oh yeah who'd you hear that off" 

"Isaiah" as soon as his name left Thomas' lips i felt my blood boil, that bastard. "You're not going"

"What?" is i could say. 

"You heard me Finn we don't know enough about this girl" 

"You've been doing background checks on her" i shouted looking over at Tommy

"Finn we don't know this girl, look what happened with Grace" John muttered. If looks could kill Thomas and John would already be 6ft under. Finn had enough of them trying convince him Ell wasn't good enough for him and with that he grabbed his cigarettes and his matches striking the match against the box and lighting his cig storming out of the building slamming every door on his way. Making his way towards the Garrison only to find Arthur, Polly, Michael and Isaiah all sat in the back room. His eyes landing on Isaiah quickly making his way towards him and picking him up by the collar "I thought i fucking told you not to tell anybody" the young boy shouted at him. 

"Fuck Finn i'm sorry it just slipped i was pissed and i didn't know what i was doing"

"Bastard" 

Dropping the terrified back onto the floor Finn took a seat quickly grabbing another cig lighting it and downing somebody's whiskey. 

"What's got into you Finn lad?" 

"Nothing Polly" 

"Are you sure you look kind of.." Before she could even finishing her sentence Finn rudely cut her off "I'm fine" 

"Well you don't fucking look like it" Polly muttered under her breathe.

BANG

"What the fu... 

That's when they all heard somebody screaming for help.

Hey sorry i haven't updated in a while i have been drowning in revision but that's kind of sorted now so i can update finally woohoo and thank you all so much for you guys or gals that read this book i am very grateful for everything single one of you until next time - E :)