23.Give up your job

Ell's POV

"Hey" i shout as i quickly make my way into the kitchen towards the herd of children.

"Aunt Ell" they all scream as they run to me. 

"We missed you where have you been?" The oldest asked.

"I was working but guess what i have a break now so i can come visit you all as much as you want me to" i sweetly smile at her. A loud cry of yay's filled the as they all made their way back to the table to finish breakfast.

"Good morning Ell"

"Morning Esme"

"How's you and Finn?"

"We're good what about you and John?" i asked raising my eyebrows at her

"Stop that" the older woman giggles "We're fine" 

"That's good, now where is James?"

"He's upstairs with John they should be down in a bit, oh and i almost forgot to tell you Thomas wants to talk to you he'll be in the betting den with Polly and Michael"

"Ah alright, i'll stop by later then after i have spoke to Thomas"

"Okay see ya later Ell" she waved me off

"I'll see you all later guys" and with that i was out the door and on my way to the betting den. After a short walk i got there only to be greeted by silence. 

"Thomas?"

"In here" I followed the voice until i got to an office where Thomas was sat behind the desk with Polly and Michael sat on the opposite side. 

"Take a seat Ell" Carefully after sliding in between Polly and Michael i sat down and stared at the devil himself.

"You wanted to talk to me Thomas?"

"Yes, yes i did"

"What about?" 

"Your job"

"What about it?"

"I want you to give up your job and work for me instead. Here in the betting den, you will be checking all of the bets and doing the maths for us. Michael will be your boss." 

"Who said i was going to give up my job Mr Shelby?"

"I did, i won't have anyone who associates with the Shelby's doing such an embarrassing job."

"And what if i don't give up my job?"

"I'll stop you from seeing Finn, i have a perfect Lee girl waiting for him so if i was you Miss May i would hurry and make a decision" He smirked across the desk while flicking the ash of his cigarette.

"You can be a bastard Tom, you know that?"

"I've been told." 

My heart sunk. At that moment in time i had to chose my soul mate or my dream job? If i leave Finn i'll never forgive myself for hurting him but if i leave my job they'll never take me back and i love being a midwife. 

"Okay" i confidently announce into the silent room "i chose..."

Hey sorry i left you all for so long but it was because i had so much revision to do but it's over now and i should hopefully be coming back and writing more for you all. Oh and i would like to say a massive thank you for all 7.27k of you that has been reading this book it means so much to me, thank you all so so so much. Until next time - E :)