24.I'll work for Thomas Shelby.

Ell's POV

"I chose none" 

"What"

"I chose none Thomas, i love being a midwife and if it embarrasses you and your brothers then i guess you'll have to deal with it" and with that i stood up causing my chair to scrape across the old wooden floor smirking at Tommy. "See you later Mr Shelby".

While walking through the betting den making my way towards the door i bump into a familiar figure. "Oh well hello Finn" 

"Hey sweetheart" he smiled down at me

"You staying at mine tonight or are you staying at Polly's?"

"None actually it's Tommy's tonight" 

"Hm why?"

"Nothing darling just spending the night with my brother"

"Finn c'mon we gotta leave soon!"  a deep voice bellowed into the open room

"Gotta go, i'll see you tomorrow?"

"Tomorrow night though i have work" 

"alright" 

Finn's POV

My stomach turned and flipped as i sat in the back of John's car. Isaiah to my left and Arthur to my right. Vomit rose up my throat but i quickly swallowed back down not wanting my brothers to see look weak and scared.

"Right Finn when we get there Michael will meet you outside the building do as he says, go it?" Thomas mumbled while he turned in his seat to look at me. Which caused me to nod my head and give a small grunt.

After another 5 minutes of us silently driving to the building we eventually got there. 

"You remember what you have to do right Finn?" 

"Yes."

Clambering our way out of the vehicle and into the cold, polluted streets of Birmingham. 

"Finn" Michael shouted  

Quickly i sauntered over to Michael treading carefully making sure not to stand on anything.

Ell's POV

"C'mon Miss Mucklowe you can do this, just a few more pushes" and that's what she did, she pushed every time i told her to until her little ray of sunshine. A bouncing baby boy. Alfie she named him, he was so small and sweet. 

My hands were covered in blood reminding me of the night i lost mine and Finn's baby. The night i lost the most beautiful thing. 

"Congratulations Miss Mucklowe" 

"Thank you nurse May" she sweetly smiled at me. 

Slowly i sauntered my way out of her door letting Angie weigh the baby. After the miscarriage work had become harder to deal with. I know i love being a midwife but i was really considering taking Tommy up on that offer, maybe a new job would be good and easier to cope with.

And that's when it hit me. I'll work for the Thomas Shelby. 

I'm sorry i haven't updated in a while but i'm back whoop whoop and it's new years eve. I hope you all have an amazing night. (p.s i don't actually know if i want Ell to work for Thomas i want her to be a midwife well because that's the name of the book haha) Anyways until next time - E :)