8.Uncle Finn Grew Balls

Ell's POV

It's been a couple months and me and Finn still hadn't made our relationship official. Esme is 2 months away from giving birth and the Peaky Blinders own nearly every bloody building in Birmingham.

"Hey Esme do you need me to help you with anything" i saw while wondering into her kitchen with her youngest on my hip

"There's nothing that needs doing you've already done it all" She said while laughing. As well as being Esme's midwife i am also now her best friend we see each other every opportunity we can get this week is currently my week off after a hard few weeks of work.

"Motherhood would really suit you Ell" Esme said while watching me and her youngest play with each other

"I'm too young and plus i'm not even in a relationship" i say nervously 

"He still hasn't asked you yet" i shake my head no "That boy needs to grow some balls" she says making me laugh

"So you're nearly 18 then eh" She said with a big smile on her face

"Shh nobody knows my birthday" i say with a stern look on my face

"C'mon Ell it's the big 18 an important birthday it deserves to be celebrated, y'know Tommy would go all out for you"

Oh did i forget to mention over those few months i became very close with the blinders a few more than others but they all saw me as a little sister especially John and Tommy.

"I don't want them to know Em that's all"

"Okay" 

"I mean it Esme"

"Okay okay" she said while pretending to zip her lips that's when they all burst through the door. Tommy, John, Finn, Michael which was soon followed by Arthur. 

"Evening boys"

"Evening Ell" they all said in unison

Finn slowly made his way over to the door which lead to the living room beckoning for me to follow. Standing up nervously still carrying Esme and Johns youngest on my hip i made my way over to the living room Finn shutting the door behind me.

"Ell i wanted to ask you something" 

Finn's POV

My palms became sweaty and my head was spinnging.

"I was wondering would you like to be my girlfriend and make things official" 

"I would love that Mr Shelby" Ell said while leaning in and connecting our lips only to be interrupted by a little voice 

"Ew Uncle Finn" causing me and Ell to pull away laughing making the little girl cheer and hug Ell's body. Making my over to the door quietly telling Ell to watch i briskly opened the door to see John and Arthur come tumbling in.

"You were listening are you fucking kidding me" 

"Well Finn boy you finally grew some balls and asked to girl out"

"Uncle Finn grew balls" another little voice soon bellowed into the room making us all look at the door to see the second youngest at the door making us all burst into laughter 

"Yeah george yes he did"

(Later that night)

"You're just the cutest Miss May"

"Why thank you Mr Shelby but come on if your aunt Poll hears that we're still up she'll make you sleep with Michael in his room again" Ell said while quietly giggling remembering last time. 

"No i shall never sleep in the same bed as that boy again, he's a cuddler i'm telling you" making her laugh louder "Shh you're going to get us caught again"

"Shut the fuck up already some of us are trying to sleep" Michael's voice bellowed throughout the house making Ell laugh louder. What did i do to deserve this girl.

Yawning quietly i wrap my arms around the girl i love.

Small chapter but i shall be updating hopefully most nights this week and all of the week after - E :)