4.Mr.Shelby

Ell's POV

The only person Ell could think to go to was Esme. She knew she hadn't know Esme for ages but she just felt like she had this bond with her unlike anyone else she was friends with. Quickly sprinting down Watery Lane until Ell got to the door she was looking for, reluctantly knocking on the door her stomach churn making her feel like she was going to vomit any second that's when the door swings open and a annoyed Esme answers the door. "Ell?" She asked confused and that's when the poor young girl broke down letting out a loud sob causing her whole body to shake. "Oh my goodness Ell what's wrong?" And that's when it all came out, telling her about the disgusting man in the alleyway and how he tried to touch her. 

"Oh Ell why didn't you shout for help" the young girl just shook my head not knowing what to say still in shock. "C'mon you can stay here for the night i don't want you walking them streets on you're own especially a young gorgeous girl like you" She said while smiling. "Anyways i want to ask you some questions about this baby" 

"Fire away" 

Let's just skip the questions can't i actually think of any :D

"Right i think that's all the questions"

"Well you know how to get a hold of me if you want to ask anymore" Ell smiled back on to be scared by the door slamming soon followed by some voices. 

"Esme?" 

"In here John"

That's when Esme's husband stumbled into the kitchen hugging Esme as soon as he saw her. 

"John stop you're making Ell feel uncomfortable" Esme giggled looking straight at Ell making her look down at the ground slightly embarrassed. 

"What's she doing here i thought you weren't due another check up for another month or so?" John asked confused as to why the young midwife was sat in his kitchen.

"She showed up early in.." i coughed looking at Esme my eyes pleading for not to tell John about the events from early. Esme clearly didn't seem to get the message though "She showed up early in tears because of the men behind that fucking bar" John glanced at me before looking back at Esme

"What did he look like?" 

"Tall, dark hair, a thin moustache, looked like he was in his 40's"

"Sounds like Billy Kimber" John said looking up at Esme.

"What the fuck would Billy Kimber doing round the Garrison" 

"Tommy's wanting to do deals with him" 

Finn's POV

"What the fuck are you doing around here"

All of the Shelby crew stumbling out of the Garrison door to find the one and only Thomas Shelby shooting another member of Billy Kimbers crew. 

"Whoa whoa Tommy calm down" Blood covered his face slowly realising what he had just done he stumbled into the Garrison to drink away the thoughts of killing another man.

"Fuck" was Polly mumbled "C'mon grab Tommy we'll all head to the betting den, Oh and Finn will you go grab John and Esme?" She asked turning towards Finn. Finn only nodding his head slowly taking off down the cobbled roads down to the road he knew like the back of his hand reaching the door opening it and letting himself in like he had done ever since he could walk. 

"Looked like he was in his 40's" He heard somebody said the voice didn't sound like it belonged to either John or Esme quietly making his way through the living room to the kitchen door 

"Sounds like Billy Kimber" now that was Johns voice but who was this mysterious girls voice he had recognised to from before but he couldn't put his finger on it.

"Ahh Finn how are you" Esme said looking at the young boy standing in her kitchen doorway

"Fine, how's you"

"We're good kiddo" John said standing up and ruffling my hair. Looking over at the young girl sat at the table, it clicked that was the nurse who saved my life. 

"Ell?" i asked cautiously, she looked at me and smiled her eyes were red it looked like she had been crying but i didn't want to make things worse than what they already are "How are you, sorry i didn't get to pick you up earlier i was busy running round after my brothers" I said as i sat down next to her 

"It's okay Mr.Shelby i couldn't have made it anyways i was too busy delivering a baby" she smiled back 

"Oh Esme Polly wants you and John at the betting den now forgot to tell you when i came in" Sheepishly Finn looked at John and Esme knowing he was the reason they was going to get into trouble for making them late

"Oh for fucks sake Finn, Polly is going to flip if we're any later" Esme said while rushing to find her keys 

"Hey Ell do you want to come with us" Esme shouted while running to the other end of the kitchen 

"Oh no thank you i don't want to intrude on your family business, i'll just head home" Ell said while standing up and smoothing out her. Finn swiftly following her movements "I'll walk you home" he said while putting his hand on the small of her back giving John a cheeky smile before walking with you out of the house and into the chilly night air.

"So Ell what brings you to Small Heath"

"The War Mr.Shelby"

"Please call me Finn and what do you mean the war?" the confused young boy asked 

"Well where do i start my mother died when i was younger leaving me with my father and two brothers" tears welling in her eyes as she reminisced about her past "And when the war came around they all had to leave and fight for their country, leaving me in an orphanage because nobody wanted me and one day i got a letter my father and one of my brothers had died but one had made it out alive but soon after the war he turned to alcohol and drugs to help him forget and he was deemed unstable to support me" 

"Oh Ell" Finn said while hugging the crying girl "C'mon lets get you home" Not even 5 minutes later they came to Ell's front door 

"I was wondering if you like to come in for a cup of tea?" Ell asked her voice laced with hope, praying Finn would say yes so she could get to know more about him.

"Sure why not" he said smiling at her, his hand still on the small of her back