Chapter 1

"Get your shit then, Aidan!" Ivy screams, throwing his stuff out the door, "What are you doing this for Ivy, this is too much to deal with right now," "No, sense you wanna be with all of them other hoes, I don't give a fuck where you go!" "You really gon do this right now, Ivy, think about our son!" Aidan screams back in frustration, "Excuse me, our son?! You mean my son!" Aidan didn't think he had the strength to go through this again, he just wanted his child and live a happy life without the baby momma drama, "You know what, I'll be back," "Then I'll just have to call the police," Ivy shot back. First it was his momma, now it's his baby momma, he didn't know where else to turn, until he thought about his best friend, Brian. He makes a couple of stops for things that he needed, then he was on his way to Brian's crib just so he can breath and figure out another way to get to his son.

                        "I honestly could care less about her, I just want my son," Aidan said, sitting on Brian's comfy sofa, "Well man, it's what you have to deal with until you get custody of your son, at least the baby momma would even let you come and see him," "Yeah, but she just gets all upset when I try to take him with me," "Ohhhh, so she doesn't trust you, like at all??", Brian asked, "I guess, I just want to hold my son, and love my son," Aidan said in anger. Brian looks at him, walks towards the couch, and sits beside him, "We all know you want to do that, but you know how your baby momma is, if she doesn't trust you, she won't even let you claim your son,"

                          Brian sat there for a second and thought about how he didn't have a father growing up, if she kept tripping about Brian claiming the baby, his son will grow up and think his father left him, and that scares Aidan the most. "I don't want him to think I'm a bad father, I love my son, Brian," "And I understand that you do, but it turns out you're going to need to try and get a lawyer." Aidan didn't think it was a bad idea, but it would be tough to get Ivy to listen to him, "She acts like she doesn't hear me when it comes to the baby," "I bet when she gets dick she listens to you," Brian said without a care.

                                  They both sit there in silence, pondering about this situation, "I gotta go talk to my momma,," Aidan said, "I think she can help you, your mom has always been patient." They both get up and head to Brian's black Dodge, they both get in the car, "Oh man, you still got this thing?" Aidan asked with enthusiasm, "Yep, all thanks to my mom, it was her ex boyfriends car," "Wow, your mom bought you a car with his help?" "Nah, she took it from him when they broke up," "Oh damn," they both start to laugh and joke about the broke ex boyfriend, "Okay, so what's your moms address?" Brian asked, "You should know where my mom lives, you've been over there plenty of times," "Well I don't, and that was back then, when we were kids and going to the same school n' shit," "True, gimmie your phone," Aidan puts in the address in the GPS.

                                 They drove smoothly to Aidan's moms house, when they got there, she wasn't there, the car wasn't in the driveway, "She must be at work," Brian said "Or out with her boyfriends," Aidan said sarcastically, "With an 'S'?" Brian said in confusion, " Yes, boyfriends," "Wow, your momma got all the niggas huh?" "Apparently," Aidan replied rolling his eyes, getting comfortable in the car, "We'll just wait for her, we don't have anything else better to do," Aidan suggested, "No, just call her and see when she's coming back, but if she's going to be a while, we can just go back to my house," Brian said, "Okay."

                                It's not often that Aidan's mom isn't home, every time Aidan needed help, his mom would always be home, when he called his mothers phone, she didn't answer. He called again and the phone was ringing, but no answer, Aidan was getting a little worried. "She ain't picking up the phone," Damn," Brian said, "Let's just go chill at the crib then," Brian makes a U-turn and heads back to his house. They was an accident on the beltway, so the traffic was backed up for hours, and their just trying to get home. Mom texts Aidan's phone, "Hey, I couldn't answer your call because it was busy at work, what's up?" "Bruh, she just texted me," Aidan looks at the phone, trying to figure out what to type. "Out with Brian, I needed to talk to you, that's all," Aidan answered back, "Okay, I'm almost home so you can talk to me, are you home?" "No, mom," "When are you coming home?" "I'll be home tonight," "Okay," Aidan puts his phone in his pocket, "So, what did she say?" "She's on her way home, I'm still thinking about what to say to her first," Aidan said, "Bruh, your overthinking everything for nothing, just tell her straight up what's going on," "Is that a good idea though?" "Of course it is, only because she's your mother, and it isn't like you're a child anymore, they know when their own child is in trouble when you come to them about something personal," Brian said, "I bet she wants to know, you use to be so far from her, and never talk to her about anything," "Yeah, I know, she's been begging to have a full conversation with me," 'Maybe she's glad that its not you asking her for money this time," they both laughed.

                              They were close to Brian's house, his mother texted Aidan, "I'm home now, I'll be here when you get here," Aidan looked at the text and didn't answer it, he closed his phone and kept his eyes forward, even though he wasn't driving, this thing was really eating him up inside, he wouldn't know if his mom knows how to give him advice because she's not a father figure to him. He thought that these types of problems were man problems, his father was never in his life but his mother tried to be both in his life, but back then she didn't even attempt to try and control Aidan, so Aidan was truly a free child, he did whatever he wanted, or in other words, getting into trouble. They arrived at the crib finally, they went inside and flopped on the couch, they chilled for a second until they found something else to do, "Yo, the girl texted me," Brian said, "Really?? Let me see," Aidan said, "What does she look like??," Brian leaned over to ask, looking at her picture, "She said we can slide through," Brian said, "Then let's go," Aidan said, then they were right back out the door.