Chapter 5

"So, I grabbed all of my things and walked out the house, my mom was begging me to stay but I was too upset," "Wow, that sounds tragic, and what about your mom?" Linda asked Aidan, he took a deep breath, "Me and my mom would speak, but it wouldn't be like it use to, she would be the one to actually talk to me," "Have you tried to talk to her ever sense?" "No, the last time I actually talked to her was when Ivy was about to have the baby and I needed somewhere to stay," "Damn, did she let Ivy stay with you?" Brian asked, "Nah, I did ask her about it when she let me back in the house, and she said she wasn't having the drama," Brian took a moment to sink that in, "So she knew this was going to happen, and she doesn't bother to help you through this situation," "Yeah, basically," Aidan said with a disappointed attitude, "But it's okay, I still try and talk to her, but I don't think that's going to work for us." Brian sat there and brainstormed, he wanted to help him with Aidan's case, but the only way that can help him is if he gets along with him mother. Brian didn't know how to tell him, he knew Aidan wasn't going to like that idea.

                                  Brian took a deep breath, "Well, maybe you should just let it rest, and then come back to it," "My mom coming back?" Aidan asked, "No, you going to her." Aidan's face made it confusing for him, at first he didn't know what he was saying, then it clicked to him, "So, you want me to go and apologize for what my mom did to me?" "That would be the only way to fix it, maybe she wanted to protect you, man," Brian explained, "She was upset because you didn't listen to her, and by you not listening to her, she was right about what happened and what's happening now, honestly, if you listened to your mother, you would be fighting for your child," Brian said with soul, "No one should fight for their child," Brian says, taking a sip of his drink, Aidan was taking what he just heard, he didn't know what to think, so things got intense, "Why would I say sorry to that bitch when she put me through hell and she knew the whole time of what she was doing," "You can't blame her, she couldn't control your dad," Aidan refused to listen to him, "Nah, I'm good," "If you don't then you'll keep suffering this way," Brian put his drink down and gets up from the couch, "Do you want your child back?" Brian asked looking at him.

                                   Aidan grabbed his things and stormed out of Brian's apartment, when he went outside it was a couple of things he's seen that wasn't usual, an ambulance went by with the back doors open swerving on the road, and the kids doing dangerous things in the street like popping fire crackers and screaming at cars, teenagers roaming and riding the streets with their bikes doing wheelies like a motorcycle gang. Aidan thought this was a nice neighborhood for him, he's been in this neighborhood sense he was in elementary school, it's not what it use to be, the streets have changed and their not safe for him or his baby. Sitting at the Café, Aidan was thinking about what else he can do to help his case, he follows the lawyers instructions and writes everything he has so far down. "Hey," a familiar voice said behind Aidan, he looks back, "Linda! You're here," "Yeah, this is where I come to relax and get a coffee," "By yourself?" Aidan asked, "Yeah, I spent a lot of alone time," "Well. how about sitting with me this time," Aidan suggested, Linda's face lights up with a smile and she sits down at the table, "That sounds nice." Linda and Aidan smiles at each other.

                                  Aidan was talking about the case and Linda was busy helping him, at the same time, both of them were making jokes about stuff, Aidan's baby momma, the love for children that they both have strongly, and talking about what just happened with Brian in his apartment, " Wow, your life is something," Linda says with a smile, "Yeah, never a dull moment in my life." Just then the door bell rings, announcing that someone just came in the building, "Well, well, if it isn't the dead beat dad of my son," Ivy says, throwing shade, "What are you doing here, Ivy," "I just came here to get some coffee, I'm dropping off my son at daycare," "You mean, he's in the car?" Aidan says with a smile on his face," "Yeah, he is in the car," without another word, Aidan rushes out the door. Aidan goes to the car and sees the baby's head, he runs to the car and looks through he window, his son was sleeping in his car seat, the site almost bought tears to his eyes, Ivy was standing in front of the Café, watching Aidan calling the baby and staring at him, "I'm going in to get my coffee," Ivy says rolling her eyes and walking back inside. Linda looks outside the Café window and stares at Aidan.

                                          Just as Aidan was about to walk away, his son woke up from his nap and looked out the window, into Aidan's eyes, Aidan broke down into tears, "You're so handsome," he whispers, Aidan places his hand in the window and his son reaches for his hand and puts his two hands on the window that fits in Aidan's hand. Aidan broke down even more, "I'm going to get you back, and when I do I will give you the life I never had," Aidan said even though the baby couldn't understand, Ivy walked out of the Cafe with her coffee in her hand, speed walking to the car, "Okay! Reunion over now," Ivy loud talked, pushing Aidan out of the way, "How are you my little boy, yeah, yeah ," Ivy says to the baby, the baby didn't crack a smile, Aidan stood back and watched Ivy, she was making sure the baby was all the way in the car seat and safe, she opens up the front door, puts her coffee in the cup holder and closes the door back. She turns and faces Aidan in the face, "So, you miss your son yet," "Of course I do, can you take him out the car seat, I wanna hold him," Aidan says with a little smile on his face, looking at his son, "No! You can't do anything, no unless you gon pay me my money!"

                                      Aidan didn't have the funds to pay child support, and Ivy knew that too, but she still had benefits to support the baby, "When I get I job, I'll be able to give him everything he wants," 'Oh! So this is all about the baby, now?! What about me, Aidan!!?" Ivy yells, "It was always about you, I want this to be about our son," "Oh so what you saying is you don't wanna have a family with me??!" Ivy shouts, Aidan looks at his son and smiles, "Yes, It's all about him," he turns back to Ivy, " I want to give him the life I never had as a father, I don't want him to grow up like how I grew up, and you've already done enough damage to me and him," "So, how does that make you not wanna start a family with me?" "Look at what the fuck you're doing!" Aidan spazzes, "You're keeping me away from him because one, I don't wanna be with you and two, you're keeping me away from him, you're calling me a dead beat father when you're the one doing the damage," Ivy heard what he was saying, she didn't know what to say, "Shit, I wasn't even there when he was born because you told the doctors to not let me in, and he's fucking 2 now," Aidan says, his tone getting more soft.

                                   He had a point, Ivy didn't want to admit it, but he had a point, "Listen, You're just not going to see him okay? There's way too much to deal with and way top much to bare right now, me and him are fine where we are," Ivy says opening the car door, "Ivy," Aidan says, "Ivy! Don't do this, I don't deserve this!" "Yes you do, sense you don't wanna be there for me, you won't be there for your son," "I'm not worried about you!" "Well I need support too Aidan!" Ivy yells, they both stand there in silence for a second, "I'll see you when I see you," Ivy gets out the car and Aidan backs up from the car with a disappointed look on his face, "So this is really how you gon' do me, man," Ivy opens the door, sits in the driver seat and slams the door, "Wow, now your going to ignore me," Ivy starts her car and drives off, "IVY!" Aidan screams towards the car. She was gone, Aidan dropped to his knees and bursts into tears, Aidan screams in the parking lot, he screams so loud that the employees in the Café heard him and looked outside.

                                    Aidan came back into the Café and looked around, the whole place was staring at him, he didn't know who was watching and he didn't care, he sits at the table that he was sitting in, he didn't notice, but Linda was gone , she got her brief case and he realized some of his notes were gone too, he grows angry and slides the books, the pens and paper off the table in frustration and the crowd was still staring at him. He stares at the table with his head down and puts his eyes into his four arm and started to cry again.