Chapter 12

Ivy got out the car and walked towards the commotion, "What's going on?" Ivy asks the police officer, the police officer looks at her crazy and doesn't say anything to her, just then she sees Jada walking to her car, carrying Evan, "Jada! What are you doing with my baby?!" Ivy says walking towards her, the police officers stand in her way, "That's my child," "I'm sorry ma'am, we can't let you through," the officer says, "Please, I need to get to my baby!" a few moments later, they let her through, Ivy was running to Jada as she was putting Evan in the car seat that belonged to her child. "What do you think you're doing?" Ivy asks with a sassy tone, Jada buckles Evan in and closes the car door, "While you were on a mission to get the man that will never want you, one of your neighbors heard Evan crying, very loudly," "How did you know that," "Because passing your apartment complex on my way to the store, they had Evan held with the neighbors, then the neighbor knew me and told the officers who I was and they handed him to me," "Why would they do that?" "Because I wasn't you," Jada says with hostility. As Jada was going to open the door, Ivy closes it, "Jada, I'm warning you, give me my son back."

Jada looks at her with a straight face, "Why the hell would I? You left Evan by himself, and for what?" "You know why I had to leave," "Yeah I did, but I would never hoped it came to this," "Why are you doing this?" "You left a fucking child by himself, why wouldn't I take him with me, Ivy?!" Jada yells, "Give me back my baby!" Ivy tries to rush passed Jada to get to Evan, but Jada was smart enough to lock the doors, Ivy was banging on the window and Evan was looking at her like she was crazy, showing no sympathy of wanting her or wanting to be with her, "Evan baby, come to mommy.." Ivy says, trying to convince him Evan shakes his head no. Ivy backs away from the car and Jada looks directly at Ivy with no sympathy. All of a sudden, Ivy attacks Jada and fights her to get the keys to her car, the officers turn around and noticed the commotion, then more people started to come out of the apartment buildings. "Get off of me bitch!" Jada screams, ""Give them to me!" Ivy says, Jada punches Ivy in the jaw and Ivy grabs Jada's hair, the officers finally pull Ivy off of Jada. "That's my child not yours!" "You sure don't act like it bitch!"

"No! That's my child! No, please!" The officers put Ivy in handcuffs and placed her on the curb, Jada took one final look at her, "Thank you for all of your help officers," Jada says to the officers, she gets in her car, starts the engine and drives off. Ivy sits there on the curb, watching the car with her baby on the inside of it, she was in pain, she didn't want things to get even worse. Now that she knows that Aidan might win the case against her and now she's in handcuffs, "What should we do with her?" Ivy over heard them, "I'm not sure, she doesn't seem healthy, I think we should take her downtown for questioning." Ivy panicked, she was already questioned once, but now going downtown to get questioned by the law, she might go to jail for leaving her child under no supervision.

"Are you okay, honey?" Jada asks Evan, Jada thinks about his father, "You ready to go see your daddy?" Jada didn't know what Ivy would think about taking Evan to Aidan, at this point, she didn't care, she was careless enough to leave him, she hesitated thinking of how Aidan would feel, she thinks she should call him first to see where he is.

Aidan walks into the bar, watching Jay do her work, he looks around to pick a seat, the bar was pretty full everywhere, he finally chooses a booth by himself, Jay lays her eyes on him for a second, and smiles whipping the beer cups off. Aidan sat there amazed at the connection that they have, Jay puts the beer cup on the shelf and makes a drink for Aidan, specifically, his favorite drink. Aidan was looking around once again to see who was in the building, the music playing and the basketball game on with everyone looking at it, the vibe in the bar really gave him a chill and fun vibe, their were no fights, their was no mess going on in the bar, but personally, he was destroyed thinking about his crazy baby-momma. Jay walks over to his booth and spoke, "Hey playa," she greets playfully, "Hey, what's up," "You look like you're thinking about a lot, what's wrong?" "Nothing, I'm good," "You sure?" "Yeah, just thinking about what's about to happen, I don't know how I feel about it," Jay bends down to get a glass, "You need one of these, don't you?" "Yeah, hook me up," "I got you," Jay says with a grin on her face.

As he's receiving his glass, he's looking out the window staring into space, he takes a sip. Suddenly a car pulls up to the bar, Aidan is watching closely, he sees Jada get out of the car, he takes the glass from his lip, he's confused. Jada goes around to car to the sidewalk and unbuckles Evan, when Jada takes Evan out of the car, Aidan immediately drops his glass on the floor in shock, Jada comes in with Evan on her hip and looks around, she continues to walk deeper into the bar. Aidan stands up and waves his hands so Jada can see him, while walking towards Aidan, Evan begins to smile, "Come here," Aidan says, holding out his arms. Evan starts to struggle getting out of Jada's arms, she puts him down and Evan starts to run to Aidan with a smile and a goofy laugh. Aidan takes a couple of steps towards him and swoops him off of the ground and gives him a big hug, the crowd was in awh, even Jay, she was even happier seeing Aidan so happy for the first time.

Jay looked over at Jada, "So, how did this come about?" "Ivy was on a really bad path, so Evan wasn't going to be around her longer anyway," "When was the last time you seen her?" Aidan asked, "Handcuffed, sitting on the curb watching me drive away, she tried to stop me plenty of times, but even she knew that she didn't want Evan," Aidan looked at Evan and smiled, "How was it when you were with mommy?" Evan's smile goes away. "What's wrong, son?" Aidan said concerned, "He's nothing to say anything yet about it, he barely knows anything," Jada said, Aidan turns, "Wait, he's not in school??" "No, Ivy never thought about doing that, even though I told her a hand full of times, she wouldn't listen to me," Aidan wanted to go straight back to Ivy and tell her off, "It's not worth it, she's getting what she deserves now, she knew you should've had him this whole time," "Doesn't she have like, a bunch of baby daddy's?" Jay asks, "Yeah, she tries to get money like that other than getting a job, she didn't get passed Aidan though," Jada said looking at Aidan.

Aidan didn't know what he was hearing, he didn't want to ignore that one, "Where can we find her right now?" Aidan asked, Jada hesitated, "She's probably behind bars by now, she was literally just arrested," she said assured, Jay bends down to Aidan, "Do you think she is really worth talking to, she wanted to get money from you because she had a bay by you, she played with Evan like a toy, think about it," Aidan sat there and pondered, "What are you thinking about doing," Jada asked. Aidan didn't want to say it right away, but he was going to play it out cool, "I guess I'm going to just keep it cool," "What about going to court?" "We're still going to court, I have to call my lawyer too, she doesn't know about this yet." Aidan gets up from the bar and heads to the car, Jay and Jada follow behind him, Aidan puts Evan in the car and gets in the drivers seat, "Do you have a license?" Jada asks, 'Yeah, I just don't have a car, you comin or what??" Jada got in the car, Jay came around the car and leaned in the driving seat window, "You be safe, I can't come because I gotta run this bar" "That's completely understandable, I'll see you later, luv," Aidan said "Alright," Jay says, she walks to the sidewalk, Aidan pulls off while Jay waves at him and returning back to her work.