Chapter 14

Aidan goes straight to his house and hurries in the house, he didn't know what to do then, he wanted to call Jay but he knows she's still at work and he didn't want to interrupt her. He grabs his cell phone and dials Linda's number, he waits for her to answer, "It's Linda, leave me your name and the reason your calling," her voicemail said , Aidan sighed and left the voicemail, "Hey Lin, call me as soon as you get this, it has something to do with me and my son," Aidan hangs up the phone. "Evan, where are you buddy?", the house was quiet, "Daddy?" Evan comes in the kitchen area, "Hey buddy, what were you doing?" "Nothing," "Nothin'?", Aidan asked him walking around the house to look around. The house was beautiful, his lawyer didn't believe that she did this for him and his son, although the event that happened is still buzzing in his head, he wanted to keep his son safe, he just got him back.

Later on that night, Aidan gave Evan a bath and put him to bed, after that, the house was quiet, Aidan went to the kitchen and poured him a drink, he decided to pick up his phone and call Jay, it rings only one time and it goes straight to voicemail. He had to think of a way to reach her and why she wasn't answering her phone, he goes to his room and sits up on his phone doing research on how to change names legally. Aidan was tired of his sons name, because it was a name that Ivy gave him so he won't look for him, he may need Linda for this process, so he sends her a text.

The next morning, Linda calls Aidan, "Good morning, Aidan, I got your message last night about legally changing names," Aidan was still waking up, "Oh yeah, yeah uh, I wanted to know how to do it," "Oh okay, is it for you or is it for your son?" "My son," Linda paused, "Hmm, * I would have to work something out but it can be done," "Okay, just get back to me," "Okay, I'll get back to you as soon as I can," "Alright," Aidan hangs up the phone and sits up in his bed. Wiping off his eyes, he gets up off of the bed and heads for his door, he doesn't hear anything when he steps out of his room, he goes to Evan's room and Evan wasn't there. Aidan calls out his name all through out the second floor, no answer, he rushes down the steps and calls his name again, "Yeah?!", he says, Aidan goes to the kitchen and there he sees a big mess, cereal and milk everywhere. "What are you doing, buddy?" "Nothing!" Evan runs from the kitchen, Aidan watches him and shakes his head, Aidan grabs a rag and starts to clean up the mess.

Just then the doorbell rings and Aidan jumped, he wasn't expecting anyone to come today, he walks towards the door and answers the door trying to keep calm, there were detectives at his door, "Mr Brown?" "Yes?" "We need to ask you a few questions about your son, can we come in?" "Um, sure I guess," The two white men walk in and take a look around, Aidan closes the door and follows the two men, "This is a very nice home you have. "Mr. Brown," "Um, thank you," they walk into the kitchen and see the mess, "Wow, you have a big mess here," "I know, my son was trying to make breakfast," one detective laughs, "I completely understand," the two detectives stare at Evan, "I do have one question to start this off," Aidan grabs the rag and starts to clean again, "Ask away," "Where's Evan's mother?" "Honestly, I don't know, her friend Jada said she was arrested the night she left my son by himself in her apartment, and that was the last time she saw her," 'When was the last time you seen her?" "When she brung my son into the Cafe' and she was taking him away from me when I was trying to talk to him," "Hmm," one of the detectives groaned, "What do you know about her being raped?" the room grew silent, Aidan looked up at them with a confused look, "What?" "I said, what do you know about her being raped?" "I know nothing about that," the detectives groaned again.

Aidan started to grab food from the fridge and pans from the cabinet, heading to the stove, the two detectives watch his every move, "We got a call about you, Aidan," "What about me?" Aidan says with his back turned to them, "Ivy said you raped her," Aidan nearly drops the pan, "I raped her?" "Yes sir," "Hmm okay," Aidan finishes up breakfast, "Evan!" "Yes daddy," "You hungry? Come and eat!" Evan runs to the dining room table and eats, the detectives sit back and watch, "So," Aidan starts off, throwing the kitchen towel over his shoulder, "If I raped her, he wouldn't be here and I would have this house all to myself, but everyone knows, the whole neighborhood knows that I wanted my son back, nobody even knows that he's here right now--," Aidan started to raise his voice, "We know this, alright? But we can't dismiss this case because--," "You want money or something? She's already trying to take my son, what more does she want?!" Aidan tries to keep it calm, "She wants your money.. and your life Aidan, we already know, we're just doing our job," Aidn puts his hand up, "I know you're doing your job, but this is just--," "Outrageous, we know," Aidan stands over his counter, "I'm not going to lose my son, I don't know which side you're on, but by all means if my son is in the picture, she's not winning this."

The detectives were silent, looking at each other, "Well, that tells us about everything," "Good, now please leave my house, and don't come back," the detectives got up and headed for the front door, Aidan follows them, "Thank you for your time, Mr. Brown," the detective say walking out of the door. Aidan closes the door and heads to the kitchen, Evan was still sitting at the table looking at his fathers angry face, Aidan looks at him and changes his face, "You alright son?" "The real question is are you?" Evan says, Aidan didn't know what to say because he was so stuck on what they asked him, "I'm alright son, we're going to be alright," Evan got up from the table and went to his father to give him a big hug, Aidan felt warm inside.

A few hours later, Aidan is sitting on the couch watching TV and Evan is in his lap sleeping, just then he gets a text message from Jay, he quickly grabs his phone and opens his phone. "Hey," she says, "Call me, now," he replies, soon he gets a call from her, "Hey," she greets, "Hey, where have you been? I've been trying to call you and get in touch with you," "I know, it's just been stressful, too many fights at the bar and no security and I'm having a hard time keeping up with the bills in the house," "Oh man, are you still going to live there," "I'm not sure because it's getting hard, the house is breaking down and I don't know if I can afford for all of the damages to be fixed," "Man, I didn't know all of that was going on, why didn't you call me sooner," "It was just a lot to take in and it still is, I really don't want to lose the family house but that looks like I just might," "Is there any way I could help you out?" "I don't think so," she says feeling discouraged, "Well, you know I'm here and I will be there for you if you need me," "Thank you, that really means a lot," Aidan was silent for a moment, "Where are you?" "Oh I'm with my cousin right now, he's trying to help me and he's going to help me with getting my bar in order," "Oh okay, that's good."

Aidan thought that was weird, he never hears of her cousin until now," Where has your cousin been this whole time you we're having trouble?" "Um, he was just busy, he didn't have time to help anyone lately because he has his own business," "Hmm, okay," "Yeah, but I have to go, so I'm going to call you later," "Okay, be safe luv," "I will," Jay says, hanging up the phone quickly, Aidan just doesn't have a good feeling about what she was saying, but he thought about not saying anything about it because he doesn't want anything to ruin what they have. Aidan carries his son upstairs at his room and lays him down in his bed, Aidan goes downstairs and hops on his computer, he looks up Jay's profile on 'OutBook' and finds her very suspicious.