Chapter 11

Ivy went out of her way to find the woman that came to her house that day, she was beyond surprised that someone would do that to get her caught up in her lies, she didn't want anyone to know what she was doing, she had to stop Linda. She gets Evan in the car and speeds off of her apartment parking lot, she makes several calls to see if anyone knew Linda or had any contact with her, there was one, her good friend Jada. "Hey, Jada, you know that girl Linda you use to see around the way that worked at the grocery store?" "Oh yeah, the one that became a lawyer and got rich and moved out the hood, of course I know her, why?" "I was seeing if you can find something out for me," "Okay what is it?" "So,  she works with my ex-boyfriend, she's helping him getting custody of my son," "Yeah, like you did with all 5 of your other baby daddy's?" "Oh shut up, it's not about that, I don't want to lose another child," "Girl, you already got like, what, eight," Jada said with a confused tone," "That's not what this is about," "And Evan would be the ninth child you lose," "JADA! I TOLD YOU THIS IS NOT ABOUT THAT!" Ivy says yelling at her phone, "Okay, okay, okay, I know you want your son back but you can't keep doing this."

Ivy looked at her phone like it was acting up, "And why not?!" "Because you're going to lose it every time, I told you this a bunch of times honey, this battle can't be won because you use your children to get back at the guys you've been with," Ivy went quiet and couldn't come up with a come back, "No, I love him, but he doesn't wanna be with me," Ivy said in a soft voice, "Well honey, this is not the way to get him back, you can't do what you're doing and think he's going to come back to you," "No, It's the only way, trust me," "Why do you think that honey?" "Because, I've tried to get him to stay with me before and he still left me, he wanted to go and be at home and with his mom and focus on school," "Isn't that what a woman wants for every man?" "I didn't care about that, I just wanted him to be with me and be with me forever," "Not until he finds out what you've been doing in high school and while he was trying out college, he's not going to be happy," "That's why I want you to stop Linda from getting to him and talking to him about our son?"

Jada went quiet, "So, let me get this straight, you want me to go to Linda and convince her to not to talk to him, so you won't lose your son?" "Yeah," "Well, you know me and Linda are friends," "But aren't me and you friends?" "Yeah, but it's Linda's job to help people win an important case like that," "I don't want him to win, Jada!" "Well don't keep putting yourself in these dumb ass situations and you wouldn't be in such a pickle," Jada laughs, "It's not funny Jada, he wants to destroy me and make me miserable!!" Ivy said, being dramatically over the phone, "Well honey, I don't know what to tell you, you might need to figure out this one by yourself."

Linda was at the Café, she was sitting at the both she normally sits at, looking at her watch and going over her notes for Aidan, when he arrived, he was very excited and hyper, "Well, looks like someone had a good night" Linda says with a smile on her face, "Oh yeah, it took me a minute to get here but I'm here now," "Okay, so let's get started, I bought you a coffee just in case you needed it," "Oh no, I'm fine," Linda looked at him with a smirk on her face, "Alright, well first things first, I went in to talk to her and she was confused, she didn't know weather I was a detective or an inspector for her apartment, she was very confused but she let me in anyway," Aidan sits up in his seat and folds his hands on the table, Linda goes on and on about how the conversation went, she brings up the facts about how Ivy feels and his son. "Now Ivy doesn't want to give up her son, because she has issues, when it was clear to her that you no longer want a relationship with her and she's using the baby to blackmail you, which you can't let her do," Aidan stopped her in her tracks, "I'm sorry, this has nothing to do with the case or anything, but how is my son? Did you hear anything from him? Did you see him running around the house?"

Linda paused and thought about it, "Now that I think about it, he wasn't in site," Aidan got worried instantly, "What did she do to my son??" "Before I got there, she seemed as if she was frustrated, she was suspicious, like she wanted him to be out of site when I got there, she wasn't expecting company at all so," Linda said, Aidan was starting to get worried sick about him, "But luckily, this this is all I have of your son," she pulls out her phone, goes to photos and shows him the picture that his son drew, tears started to welled in his eyes, he stares at the picture, then he starts to sob quietly. Linda wasn't expecting the meeting to go this way, but this is a start in her eyes, she knows how it feels to hold in emotion and letting it out, Aidan lifted his head up and whipped his tears, "I'm sorry, I just--," Linda quiets him, "I know, I know, you have a lot of things to let out and fighting for your child is not easy,"  Aidan sits up and whipped more of his tears.

All of a sudden, Jada pops up at the shop and sees Aidan sitting with Linda through the window, Linda was rubbing his back and trying to cheer him up, "At least your son wants you, now we know that Ivy is lying and she can get in big trouble for that," Linda says, Jada overheard them, peeking in the Café. Jada was surprised, she didn't expect Linda to look that good, "no wonder he left Ivy," Jada says to herself, just then she calls Ivy and talks to her about what she just saw, "Hey girl, I'm here at the Café but I didn't go in," "Why not?!" "Because when I got here they were already there, and I didn't wanna work up on them and give it away that I'm spying for you," "Go in there and ask them questions," "Ivy, I'm not doing that, they already had conversations about you and shit, why would I want to make that worse on your part," Ivy grew frustrated over the phone, "Ugh, why can't you just do what I tell you," "Excuse me! I got my ass up and canceled my plans for you, I already told you that I wasn't doing this but I'm a good ass friend to you, and this is the thanks I get?!" Jada says, going all out, yelling, "Useless," "You know what, you do it yourself, oh and Aidan's got a new thing, she's bad as fuck," Jada says hanging up on Ivy.

On the other side of the city, Ivy was furious that Jada just hung up on her like that, Ivy runs out of the apartment, and gets into her car and sits in there. Just thinking about Aidan with another woman drove her to the point where she wants to go to Aidan and tell him everything. She doesn't know how she would react, not with Linda there, that's pleading guilty, the only other way was to come up with a plan to get Aidan alone. Ivy speeds out the parking lot and into the streets, when she gets to the Café she sat in the parking lot for hours waiting for Aidan and Linda to come out.

Jada was no where in site, but Ivy heard sirens from far away, but she paid no mind to it. When Linda and Aidan stepped out of the Café, Aidan hugs Linda very tight and Linda was happy and smiling, Ivy sat back and watched the two love birds make out, she thought. "I'll see you later?" Aidan asked, "Yeah, I'll keep you updated on everything," "Okay, that sounds good," Aidan walks away from Linda waving and smiling. "Look at them, why is he into a rat?" Ivy says to herself, she began to cry, "I love you so much, Aidan," she says putting her face in her hands, she starts her engine and races out of the parking lot, she heads to the liquor store. She buys a big thing of  Vodka and pops it open when she gets in the car, she starts her engine again and heads home, she tries her hardest not to swerve and crash, but then she made it home. When she got there, there were policeman and police cars in front of her apartment building.