Chapter 25

"I know what you're feeling bro, and I'm sorry, I didn't kn-," "Please don't pull that card on me, you knew because you we're sitting right there when I was talking to her and we was flirting, remember? You had to pay for your drinks," "Yeah? Well when I went back she wanted me, she wanted to get with me, and what was I going to say, no?" "YES! It's what you were suppose to say cuz bro's don't do that to their bros! So help me understand," Brian went silent, "I was wrong bro, I'm sorry--," "And I thought you already had hoes coming over, not MY hoe coming over," Brian went silent again, he didn't know what to say, "She's not even around now, "We don't even know that for sure because you don't even know where she is and she suppose to be something more to you," "I don't care about her after what she did to you," "I don't even think you cared about her in the first place," "I mean I did, but I can't even find her--, "Have you tried looking for her?" Brian takes another sip and took a deep breathe, "No," "That's exactly what I'm talking about," "Let me explain--," "Do you care about her?" "Aid--," "DO YOU CARE ABOUT HER?! Answer the DAMN question!" Aidan said raising his voice once again, "Yes," "Then why haven't you been looking for her," "I mean I don't care about her anymore, because of what she did to you," "And you think I should care for you? Because you did wrong to me too."

"I mean, aren't we brothers?" "Not blood," Brian's eyes got wide, "What the fuck you mean, I helped you when you almost was trampled by that big nigga you was livin' wit," "And? What does that mean? You're my hero? Look at the way you treat females," Brian all of a sudden got hot, "I PRACTICALLY RAISED YOU BOY!" Brian yelled, "RAISED ME TO DRINK AND SMOKE RIGHT?! AND FUCK OTHER FEMALES WHEN THEY GOT SOMEBODY RIGHT??!" Aidan came back at him, yelling, "I ain't no boy no more, and you will respect me," "Oh why? Cuz you respect women?" "HELL YEAH! I should've RAISED you to be not who I see," "What does that mean?" Brian asks, looking at him sideways, "It means you need to do better, you know I would never do something like that to you," "Y'all wasn't even dating," "It doesn't matter, If i fucked a shawty that you was seeing then you would be pissed, you would feel how I feel right now."

Brian drank the rest of his drink and looked at Aidan dead in the eyes, "One, I know how wrong it is to do that to someone you're close with, two, you're bitch came after me, so there's no reason why I should be taking all the heat," "Oh, she got some too, that night you called her and she was standing in front of my house, I told her to answer your call because she didn't want to," "Oh yeah, cuz I told her to call me before she's about to come" Aidan stood there disappointed, "I don't think we need to talk about this any further," he said, "Why don't you think we need to talk, we have to lay all of this down on the table," Aidan goes silent, "The truth hurts, and if you wanna fix this, then you gotta take it," Aidan hesitated, "Man, you did me wrong man, I would never do something like that to you, you have had girls at your house, I wouldn't say nothing, not even look at them, or they would speak to me and I would say hello and keep it moving," "I know bro, and I really am sorry, I wasn't being your bro, and I'm not trynna loose you, I need you?"

Aidan didn't know what to say, but he was still a little heated, "Don't tell me that and then you turn around and do the same thing," "I won't lil bro, I really mean it, I'm sorry," Brian says holding out his hand, Aidan looks at it like his hand is bent up, broken and ugly. Aidan looked into Brian's eyes with a serious look on his face, and grabbed his hand, "Okay," "I mean it bro, and we can't let no girl get in between us," Aidan kept staring at him and nodding his head. They both sat there for a moment in the quiet, "How have you been feeling?" Brian asks, "I've been okay, hanging in there, Linda is a really big help," "Really?" "Yeah, she likes me too," Brian looked at him surprised, "Really? Shawty that got dat ass?" "Well, yeah," "Damn, and that's sad, she met me first," Brian said laughing," I guess you don't have it like me," Aidan laughs, they both laugh with each other. Aidan poured himself and Brian some more to drink, "Aye I know I made you mad, but that doesn't mean kill me," Brian laughed, "Alright alright, I'll just take some of your drink from your cup," Aidan said laughing, "You hungry?" Aidan went to the fridge and felt his drunk taste buds, "What you in the mood for?" "What ever you're in the mood for lil bro," Aidan looked back and gave Brian a friendly, funny smile.

A few moments later, Brian and Aidan are sitting on the couch in the living room talking about life and how they need to start hanging out again, just then Aidan hears Evan crying in his bed room, "Hold on bruh, I gotta go get my baby," Aidan said putting his glass down and rushing up the steps. Sitting in the living room by himself, Brian's phone buzzes, as he took it out of his pocket, he looks at the phone and sees Jay's name pop up, Brian instantly panics. He didn't know weather he wanted to answer her or lose his little brother again, but he decides to take a quick peek. Aidan looked back at Evan as he closed the door, making his way down the steps, he looks over and sees Brian's face in frozen shock like he saw a ghost. "What's wrong?" Aidan asks looking at Brian confused, he was too focused on the TV, "Bro, why you turn on the TV??" Brian stands up from the couch and turns to Aidan, "Jay is dead."

"Okay, Nikki, I will be in touch with you about the trial," Linda says, walking towards the door, "Thank you, and sorry to keep you here so late, it was so nice of you to drive over here and tell me how my son is doing," "It was my pleasure." Linda steps foot out of the door and smiles at Nikki, "Alright Nikki, I'll see you," "See ya girl!" Nikki said in an excited voice. Linda walks to her car, jolly as ever, "Hmm, I don't think I ever met a part of my baby fathers family, the as interesting," she says out loud but to herself.

Linda gets in the car and starts her engine, she pulls off and heads to go and get a late night snack, when she stops at a red light she look over and sees a drunk man in his drivers seat. When the light turned green, the man was ahead of Linda, he started to swerve right in front of her bumper. Linda goes into panic mode and tried to get out of his way, but he's all in her way, when Linda tries to pass him, he bumps into her car and gives her door a little scratch, then he goes away from her and comes back in and hits her harder. Linda swerves but she tries her best to keep her balance but she knew if he hit her again, it's not going to be pretty, before the man touched her car, she speeds ahead of him. The man ends up swerving off of the road, which caused his car to flip multiple times, Linda couldn't believe what she was seeing in her rear view mirror. She called ambulance immediately as she was driving, she tires to concentrate on the road to get her mind off of it, so she turns on the radio.

"Hello people of the world, we have sad news today, it appears that a huge car accident occurred a couple of days ago going into "Rich Valley", the neighborhood near the "Rich Valley Mall", two survived, but one was sadly in the hospital, facing death, we send out many prayers to Jay's family," the radio said. Linda's heart dropped, "I knew it, I just knew it," she said to herself.