Chapter 23

On Linda's way to the hospital, hoping and praying that Kenny is alright. When she got there, the parking lot wasn't full at all, she makes her way in there towards the front desk, "Hi, I'm looking for my daughter, her name is Kenny," Linda says in a rushed tone, "Oh, the little girl, she's over at 22B on the second floor," the front desk lady said, "Thank you," Lind says rushing over to the elevator. She was waiting patiently, but she started to figure that it was too slow, so she took the stairs, trampling up the steps, she makes her way to 22B and steps into the room. Mom was taking a nap in the chair and so was Kenny, Linda smiles and sits beside Kenny's bed, she studies Kenny's face, she looks a little pale to her, "Hey baby, I'm here," she says, stroking her hair back. Linda sits back in the chair and waits for something to happen, about 20 minutes later, doctor comes and Linda stands up.

"Are you Kenny's mother?" "Yes, what's going on?" "Nothing, we did some tests on her blood pressure and everything--," "Good, cans eh come home?" Linda says looking into the doctors eyes, "Not just yet, she suffers from a fever that can get worse at her age," "But is she going to be okay?" "We would have to wait for the tests to come back so we can see," the doctors says looking at her clipboard, "Are you sure, have you given her any medicine?" Linda's mother suddenly sits up and sees Linda getting worried and getting loud, "Linda, please," she says getting up from her chair, Linda looks at her mother and sits down, "Thank you, doctor," the doctor walks out of the room in a professional manner. Linda looks to the ground and then looks at Kenny, "She's fine honey," "No she's not mom, the doctor just told me that she has a fever," "Is it big or small?" "She said that it could grow and get worse," "Well honey, lets just hope and pray to god that it's nothing big ," her mother says sitting back down in his chair, trying to relax.

Linda's mother left the room to go and use the bathroom, Linda was dozing off in the chair watching Kenny's every move, she was dozing off too, "Mommy," Kenny says in a sleepy voice, Linda jumps out of her chair and rushes to her bed side, "I don't feel well," Linda goes into panic mode, "NURSE! NURSE!" the nurse shows up tot he room a few seconds later, "I think there's something wrong with my baby," "Okay ma'am we're on it." The nurse comes into the room to check on Kenny's body temperature and blood flow, Linda stands back from the bed watching the nurses doing their job, folding her arms. Linda's phone was buzzing, Linda looks at it and it's from the Jail County, she presses 3 and answers, "Hello," there was a long pause over the phone, "You remember me?" "Who is this?" "It's Ivy, the girl you questioned," "Oh, how are you," "I didn't call you to talk to you," "Oh, then what did you call for?" "I called to see how Aidan is doing?" "Ugh, why? Why do you need to know about what goes on with my client?" "I just want to know so I can see how my son is," "No Ivy, why do you care?" "Because, that's my son!" "That you decide to leave by himself to go and try to see Aidan."

Ivy goes silent, "Why won't you tell me?" "Because you're trying to get them separated when Evan is better off with Aidan," "That's not true, Aidan wasn't there when he was born!" "That's because you kept Evan from him on purpose, you should see how they react, I haven't seen anything like it," Ivy growls over the phone, "Look Bitch, I wanna know where my son is! Where's my SON!?" she yells over the phone, Linda keeps her composure and hears the guard coming to the phone, "You'll see where he will be, happy with his father," Linda says in a calm manner, "Bitch I'm trynna--," the guard cuts Ivy off, "Inmate! Calm down! It's time for you to hang up now!" "Please Linda, Please tell me where he is, I just wanna know that he is safe!" "Oh you know the word 'please'? He's safe with his father," there was static over the phone, "Come on Inmate!," "No! Please! I need to find out where my son is! Please!" Ivy begs as she's pulled away from the phone.

Linda hangs up the line, not worrying about the survey, she looks at her phone and tries to keep calm, while holding the phone in her hand, she gets another call from the front desk attendant at her job, "Hello," "Linda, you have a call on the line for you," "Who is it?" "I'm not sure, they say they have been trying to get in contact with you but you haven't been here lately," "Okay, put me in contact with them ," Linda waits a second until she heard her, "Hello," "Yes ma'am, you wanted to talk to me," "Yes, Um this is Nikki," "Nikki who," there was a pause, "Aidan's mother." Linda almost drops her phone in shock but she kept talking, "Yes!, HI! oh my gosh, it is such an honor! How can I help you?!" Linda says excited, "I want to know where my son is?" "I know exactly where he is," "Can I speak to him?" I'm not with him at the moment," "Oh, well, when can I meet with him," Linda hesitates and then she got the idea, "Well, he does have a trial that he needs to go to in about two days," "Oh really, what did he do this time??" she says sounding disappointed, "Not a thing, ma'am, he's fighting for his child...your grandson," his mother was silent, "My baby..had a baby?" "Yes, and he is just like Aidan," "Is he healthy?" "Yes, ma'am, Aidan takes good care of him, he's so happy with Aidan," "Then why would someone want to break that up?" "It is a very long story ma'am."

"Oh, well, I want to know everything that happened, so I can be caught up on why he needs to go to court," "No problem ma'am, I can make that happen," "Are you free now?" "Um, no ma'am, I'm in the hospital with my daughter at the moment," "Well, give me a call back when she is alright and you're at peace," "No problem." Linda writes her number down, "I will see you soon, correct?" "Yes ma'am," "Alright, I'll see you then," Linda hangs up the phone and a big smile is slapped on her face. When the nurses finished with Kenny, she was fast asleep, the nurse comes to Linda, "Ma'am," "Yes?" "Kenny is alright, she's fast asleep as you can see and the testing results came back and she's just fine," Linda folds her hands to thank the heavens, "She can check out as soon as she wakes up," "Oh, thank you, thank you so much for your help!" The nurse leaves the room and Linda looks at Kenny and smile as she watches her sleep.

Discharged from the hospital, Linda carefully put Kenny in the car first with her mom following behind them, Linda drops off her mother to her house, then Linda arrives at Aidan's house. Sitting in the car, she dials Aidan's mom's number and waits for her to answer, "Hello, ma'am?" "Please, call me Nikki," "Well, um Nikki, my daughter is just fine, are you still up to talk to me?" "Yes, because I've been waiting for you to call, I wasn't going to go to bed without speaking to you," "Alright, I'm on my way," she says hanging up the phone. Linda rings the doorbell, Aidan answers the door quickly, "Hey! How is she, Is she okay?" Linda looks at him, "Yes, she's just fine, but I have to be somewhere really fast," "Where are you going?" "To see someone very important," "I hope it's nothing to put you in any type of danger," Linda smiles, "Don't worry, it's not even close," Linda says headed to the front door, "I will come back as soon as I'm done," "Okay, call me and let me know when you're on your way back," Aidan says with a smile, "I will."