Chapter 21

Aidan wakes up with Linda in her pajamas, she was still sleep. Aidan was happy because they slept in the same bed with no sex, it was nothing like Jay's visit, and he was happy about that. He gets up out of bed and stretches then he goes to check on the kids, when he opens the door he sees Evan playing with his toys, he looks over and sees Kenny's face, it looks like she's been crying. "What's wrong honey??" Aidan says walking towards her, she back up against a corner with her head down, trying not to look at him, "It's okay baby, it's okay, you're safe," Kenny looks up at him with a sad face, "Mommy is in the other room," Kenny's face brightens up, she hold out her arms and Aidan picks her up and takes her to his room. He sits Kenny on the bed beside Linda, she struggles to wake her mother up, after a few minutes, Linda wakes up on her own and sees her daughter, "Hey babygirl," she says to Kenny, giving her kisses, Kenny's laughter brought a smile to Aidan's face.

"So ladies, how about we get some breakfast and the kids can get to know each other," Aidan says with a smile, Linda gets up out of bed and picks up Kenny and heads downstairs. Linda sits the kids at the table and helped Aidan get breakfast ready, they ended up making scrambled eggs, bacon, and waffles, Aidan's favorite. "I didn't know that this was your favorite," Linda says with a smile, "Yeah, it is, it's been sense I was living with my mother back in high school," Aidan says digging in the food, "Daddy, how did you know that this was my favorite?" Evan says, Aidan smiles, "Actually son, I didn't know that," "Mommy, cooked it for me one time, an-and then she n-never did it again," Aidan's smile went down, he had a grin, Linda looks at him and touches his hand, just then his phone rings. Brian was on the line, he didn't know weather to answer it or decline it, he stares at the phone, "Is everything alright?" Linda asks with concern, "Brian is calling," "Why?" "I'm not sure, probably to talk about what was going on last night," "You sure you want to talk to him right now?" Linda asks with her head tilted, Aidan still looks at the phone, still ringing, "Yeah."

Just as he was about to pick up the phone, the option to answer has disappeared, "Oh, I was too late to answer it, Aidan flips his phone up-side-down, his phone rings again, he picks it up, and answers it, "Hello?" "Bro..." Brian says, "Don't call me that," Aidan says calmly "What's going on, man, you didn't come to my place last night," "Nah, I didn't, you know the girl that I really like, yeah, she was suppose to come over, so I didn't want to interrupt," Brian was silent over the phone, "Look bro, I can explain," Aidan gets up from the table and heads to the door, "There's nothing to explain, you explained enough last night," Aidan says walking out of the door, "No, I didn't, I didn't know--" "What? That I was standing there? I had to find out one way or another, or you could've just told me that you had a thing for her, like bro's do," "Nah, it's not like that--," "Nah, go tell your girl that, like you were last night," "Bro, she didn't even show up last night," "Oh really, and you didn't check on her?" "It went straight to voicemail," just then Aidan got confused, "How when you was just on the phone with her last night and y'all were talking about fucking again?" "Bro, it's not like that," "I'll talk to you later Brian, I don't have time for this right now," "Bro--," Aidan hangs up the phone and makes his way back in the house.

On his way back to the table, Linda was looking at him, "Are you okay?" "Yeah, I'm fine, but there's one thing that had me confused," "How, what happened?" "So you know how we were with Jay last night and Brian called her to see if she was still coming to his house?" "Yeah," Linda says focused, "He said she didn't show up last night and when he tried to call, it went straight to voicemail," Linda's eyes widen and in shock, "What do you mean???" "I don't know what's going on, Linda, Okay? Let's just leave it be and--," "Leave it BE?! Aidan, if she's not answering her phone, that's a big issue," "How, y'all aren't friends anymore," "Aidan, come on, she could be in trouble," Linda says, the kids just sit there, looking at their parents as if the word 'Crazy' was written on their forehead. Aidan sits there and thinks, "Can we please go and look for her?" Linda says, folding her hands together, "I don't know, we don't even know where to find her at," "Then let's go look for her car," "Linda, you sound crazy, we don't know any details about where she is or why her phone is going straight to voicemail, let's just--," "Aidan, if you say 'Let's just let it go' one more time, you will see a crazy side of me that you won't like."

Aidan looks into her eyes and tell that she's serious, "Where would we start looking?" "I don't know, but I'm a lawyer, and I can find out that stuff," "You do have a point," Aidan looks down and starts to think, he doesn't know if he's ready to see Jay, but it's what Linda wants, "Okay, where do we start first?" Linda grabs her phone and calls Samantha, no answer. "We'll we can't do anything right now because Samantha isn't answering her phone," "Why were you calling her?" "So she can come and watch the kids," Aidan looks at the kids, "Why not just take them with us," That's not going to work, that's putting them in danger," "You got a point," Aidan says, grabbing his phone, just then, he stares into space, "Why do you have that look on your face?" Aidan hesitated, "We visited your mom yesterday to go and get your daughter," "Kenny? yeah, I know, why?" "I didn't know that was her name, but yeah, what about your mom?" "Nope, she has work," Aidan sits there and thinks about it still, "So..what about my mom?" "That's a great idea, where is she??" Aidan hesitates again, "I don't know..." he says with his head down, "What do you mean you don't know?" "I really don't know.."

"Why do you not know?" "I haven't spoke to her in years, I don't know where she is or my step dad, they haven't contacted me neither," Linda sits there for a second, she looks at the kids as their eating their food, finishing up, "How about we get in contact with them then." Aidan's face lightens up, "Really?" "Yeah, you've gotta figure out why it ended this way, but this is a chance for you guys to start a new beginning," Aidan smiled, "How are we going to do that?" "I'm a lawyer, remember, as long as you know their maiden names, I can get to them."