Chapter 16

Linda was going over everything Ivy has done in the past, legally she's not suppose to do that, but Aidan wanted to know what she was up to all these years, "Wow, no wonder when guys saw her in school, they would look the other way," Aidan said, "Yeah, it's pretty sad," "But why is she just going to jail?" "Because each time she was bailed out," "And it was four other guys before me?" "Yeah, and got away with it each time, but this time she cant because she's an adult," "So their going to keep her in there?" "Not exactly, their going to make sure she's not lying, if she is, she stays, but if there's proof that you didn't want him, or he's not yours, she will be free, but you have the right to sue her," "Wait, what do you mean if he's mine?! Evan is mine right?!" "I don't know, now Ivy is saying something else to the police," Aidan was at a loss for words, "I know this makes you upset, but I'm pretty sure he's yours, he's so drawn to you," Linda says, "And he calls me daddy," Aidan claims, "But that can be anyone hun," Linda says gently, Aidan looks back at Evan, playing with his toys and shakes his head, he turns back to Linda, "Go on," "She's just trying to get your son away from you as much as possible," "Yeah, I see that clear as day," Aidan takes another sip of his wine. 

About thirty minutes later, Aidan didn't want to hear about Ivy anymore, it was just making him more and more upset, he isn't sure if he has a son or not, but again he can't fall for her words because of all Ivy put him through convincing him that Evan was his son, at this point he was very confused. Aidan can feel that he was going to be sad if Evan wasn't his son, Aidan stares at Evan with tears welling in his eyes, Linda looks closer at him as she's putting her papers away, "Are you alright, Aidan," Aidan doesn't say anything, "No..no i'm not.." "Would a DNA test make it better for you?" 'We can do that, but I don't know if Ivy would go through with that, she already hates me enough for leaving her..." "I know, but right now it's not her decision, she's in jail," "For right now, like you said, she can still take him away from me, especially if Evan isn't my seed," "Well he's more comfortable with you because he knows you love him, she only wants to use him to get under your skin and get your money," Linda explains clear as day.

Aidan's hands start to shake in anger, "What if she wins? Then what will I have, what will I have to fight for?" "You can still fight for him, she's got child abuse charges on her head, there's a twenty percent chance that she'll be able to keep Evan," Aidan sighs, "And if she can't keep him?" "Then you can have him," "Then what about her," "She maybe set free or have community service, but you can get a restraining order on her to protect your son and you and sign the papers declaring that your that father of Evan," "Okay, so what about his name? Will she have a choice of that?" "No, she wont be involved in Evans life after that, the papers would say that Evan came out of a foster home," Aidan nods his head, he loved what he was hearing, "I really want to win this case," "Let's just have faith that this would work, hopefully she would be away from Evan forever, we were getting reports even in her apartment building that a child was crying uncontrollably, and it was coming from her apartment," Aidan's face turns red, "As I go back and visualize, I don't think I seen Evan in the living room, his door was closed shut."

Aidan balled up his fist, "Personally, I don't want him to go back with her neither, but it's all based on what the jury says, and we all know that we can't control what they say," "Yeah, well they better have enough sense to put her in jail," "Yeah, I know," Linda says, she looks at her watch and she realizes the time, "Well I have to go, I have other meetings to attend," Linda says getting up from the breakfast bar, "Oh and, Aidan," "Wassup?" "You still haven't told me what was wrong," Aidan goes silent, Linda stares at him, Aidan leans over the counter, "Why do you want to know so bad?" "Because I think I know what it is, but you just don't want to tell me," Aidan sighs, "There's this girl, that Ii thought I liked, and I found out some things about her, she's not trying to explain what I saw, she hung up on me and it  sounded like she was buy, she's suppose to call me back," Linda puts her head down, "Well, she's not worth it," "I think she is, she was so nice to me and gave me a free drink every time she saw me," "Really? Where did you meet this girl?" "At the bar, down the street, she's the owner," Linda's attitude changes, "What's her name?" she asks in a hostile tone, "Her name is Jay, why?" Linda looks to the floor and sits back down at the breakfast bar, "Are you kidding me?"

"No, I'm not," Linda throws down her briefcase, "What's wrong, Linda?" Linda gathers her sense and gets back up, "Nothing," "No, there's something wrong," Linda storming towards the front door,  she opens the door, "I'll call you," she says hostile, slamming the door behind her. Aidan walks towards the door and looks out the window, he sees her speed off into the distance, "Damn," Evan looks directly at him, "Who was that, daddy?" Aidan sighs, "She's my lawyer son, she's helping me fight for you," "What's a lawyer, daddy?" "A lawyer is a person that helps you with your problems, and not just any problems, big problems that I can't fight myself," "Ohhhhh," Evan says in amusement, just then Aidan's phone rings, he picks it up from the dining room table, Brian is calling, Aidan was surprised and picked up the phone quickly. 

"Brian?" "Yo! Where you been at? I haven't heard from you sense you met that girl," "Yeah I know, but don't talk about her right now bro," "Why what's going on," "She's a snake bro," "Damn, nobody warned you?" "No bro, I don't know what's going on, she won't even tell me what's going on," "Damn, bro, that's harsh," "I know, I don't' know what she's hiding from me, but I will find out." On Brian's side of the phone, his shower stops running, "Brian, are you ready?" the woman yells with the bathroom door open, "Yo, who was that?" Aidan asked, "Uh, Nobody bro, just gotta handle some stuff here at the crib," "Oh okay, should I slide through later? I haven't seen you in a while," Brian hesitates, "Uh, sure lil bro, you can come over," "Ard cool, is it okay if I bring my son?" "Wait, you got him???" "Yeah," "Sense when??!" "Like a week ago," "Wow, that's amazing to hear," "Yeah, but I'll see you later, homes," "Aight, cool," Aidan hangs up the phone, he finds it weird that there's someone at his place, all he knows is there's never anyone at his house. 

Brian puts his phone down on the coffee table and starts rolling a blunt with whiskey on the right side of his phone, he takes a sip, "You ready, babe?" Jay says, "Yes I am, just let me finish rolling up.