Chapter 4

Aidan's High School Life - Late 1980s

                                         "Why are you in here?" "Momma said I can get something to eat," "Don't you have homework?!" Aidan's dad says, "Yes but I cant think on an empty stomach," his father looking at him with an angry, disturbed look on his face, Aidan turns around and goes to the kitchen with courage, his father gets up from the couch and stands in Aidan's way on purpose to see what he would do, "Can you move out of the way please," "You want me to move?" his father says with a challenging tone , "You think you can get to me?" Aidan said, "You pretty much done it all my life, I'm use to it," Aidan says, his father pulls his shirt up and slams him into the fridge, Aidan's mother then comes down stairs and is startled with her husbands behavior, "Get off of his! What the hell is wrong with you?!" "This bot think he can fuck with me and get away with it!" "He's only 17, Joe!" He looked at Aidan in anger and marched back to his chair, he sat down and turned the TV up louder. Aidan looked at his mother, " Aidan, I'm so sorry," his mother says, Aidan doesn't say a word and runs upstairs to his room with his book bag on his back, mother sighs in disappointment towards her husband.

                                   After that day that Aidan was challenged by his father, he went to school angry, and starts to do things people never thought he would do. He had a lot of friends and slowly they all started to go down hill , his circle started to get smaller and smaller as time went on, he even lost a girl that loved him very much, Ivy. She had almost every class with Aidan, she wants to be something with him, but it just seems like he's pushing her away, she already seen it, but she didn't wanna say anything, it'll start nothing but an argument. When she let Aidan be, she was sad, she didn't have a choice, the day Aidan came to school acting different towards her, she started to see something that didn't make his attractive anymore. That day she went home to her bed crying about him, she was heart broken and torn from the ignorance and dishonestly Aidan has been towards her. "Honey, what's wrong?" her mom asked, "It's this boy at school that I like a lot, he's acting different towards me and I don't know why," Ivy cries, "Well, we're you guys friends before this?" "Yes, he's like my best friend," her mother looked down at her in awe.

                                     Ivy had something close with Aidan, they've known each other sense they were in the 7th grade, it was sad to see a childhood friend go at the time, when it was hard for Ivy to talk to Aidan after what he did, they got into a big fight in school at her locker, "I'm trying to talk to you!" "Well, I don't want to talk to you, you just feed me whatever I wanna hear, you're not telling me the truth.." everyone stops in the hallway to watch them, "Oh, so now It's all my fault that I can't tell you the truth when that's what I'm trying to do now," "No, but ever sense you've been giving me this new attitude, you've been acting different, and unfortunately.." she paused, "I don't think I can trust you again, because I don't know who you're trying to be," she says with tears in her eyes, just then she ran away and everyone in the halls was a witness, "What are y'all looking at?!" Aidan said angrily, everyone walked away from Aidan and out the hallway, the hallway was clear and it was just him, alone.

                                  Aidan caught the bus to get to Brian's place, he walked up the steps angry, still thinking about what happened earlier, he knocks on the door as soon as Brian answers the door, Aidan storms into the house and pants, "Yo, you good?" "Nah man," "Why not?" Brian said concerned, "Because, I made Ivy upset, "How did you accomplish that?" "By the way I was treating her,"  Aidan says with a disturbed face, "Well, you do have to learn how to control your anger, it's not healthy if you're wanting to be friends with someone and then switch up into someone new." Aidan thought about it, but it made him even more upset that he couldn't see it in Ivy's prospective. Brian didn't know what to do with him, but he was going to be there for him regardless of the circumstances he's going through. Brian flops on the couch with a drink in his hand, Aidan looks around the place and thinks, "Why are you the lucky one?" "What is that suppose to mean," 'I mean, you have your own place, your car, everything, you're basically set for life," "Yeah, thanks to my dad, and his child support debt," "Lucky, my mom didn't even want my dad's money," "Bummer," Brian says, taking a sip.

                                  Brian offered Aidan to have a drink, even though they both were under aged drinking, Brian didn't care because there at his crib, there was no rules. Aidan started to go over Brian's house a lot more then, his father would try to keep them apart so Aidan won't have anyone to talk to, but Brian wasn't going to let that happen anymore. Weeks after the fight with Ivy, Brian began to fight his dad just like they were brothers, his dad didn't really know Brian, so he didn't know what he was capable of, and that's what scared him the most. "Why can't you just leave him alone?!" "He's my son and I can do whatever I want!!" Joe said yelling at Brian, "Both of you need to stop!" Aidan shouted, "Brian, You need to leave," "No!, I'm not leaving you here with him, it's not safe for you," "How can you tell my son it's not safe in his own home?!" The argument made him even more hot, "You have to get out of here, Brian..now, please," Aidan says, staring at him. Brian looked at the door and back at Aidan, he can tell that Aidan didn't want him to get hurt by his dad like he does. Brian turns around and walks towards the door, he looked at Aidan one last time and closed the front door.

                                  Right after, Aidan and his father got into it, he fought as long as he could and eventually his mother came down stairs to stop it, "STOP IT!, WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" his mother yells, "HIM AND HIS FRIEND TRIED TO GO AGAINST ME!!" he yelled back, mom looked at Aidan, "Is this true?" "Yes, but Brian was here to--," "I don't want to hear another word, we'll talk when we get upstairs," Aidan sat there with his head down, quiet, "I can't believe you, you would attack our own son," "I DID WHAT I HAD TO DO CATHY!" his father says in guilt, "Well, I think you should...get your saddle and go...." his mother said in a soft voice, his father looked at her in shock for a minute and spoke, "Are you kicking me out?" he said softly, she didn't say anything but look at him and turned away with Aidan in his arms, and walked away.

                              A few weeks went by and Aidan's dad left him alone, he was still living in the house though, mom was still giving him chances to get himself together even when he was tempted to punch Aidan in the face for just existing, he needed to learn how to control his anger. One day, that didn't go so well, at breakfast Aidan was about to go to school, mother was sitting at the end of the table and his father was sitting in front of Aidan. Mom starts a conversation, " So, how was your night, boys?" "It was good mom," Aidan said, "Mmm," his father groaned, "What's wrong Joe?" "Nothing, he just makes me sick," "Joe!" Aidan stared at his father for a good minute, "You know what dad, if you don't like me then just say it," Aidan said, standing up, "Aidan!" his mom yelled, "I don't like you, boy," Joe said, standing up, "Fine! You don't like me then you can stay, I'll leave.." Aidan says turning away to go upstairs, "Aidan, No!" "No, let him leave! He's an ungrateful, selfish, no good-," "ENOUGH!" his mother yelled.