Chapter 24

Linda cruses in her car down the street where Aidan's mom's house is located, she scopes for the right door number. Just then, Linda comes up to the house, it looked abandoned and brokened, she makes a shocking face like she's never seen a broken house before. She gets out of the car and walks carefully up the steps, looking around the porch, she approaches the door and all she could smell was alcohol coming through the door. The door opens, "Ah, you must be Linda," "Yes," "COme in, come in," Nikki says inviting her in, Linda looks around and the place was discusting, it was a pretty old house, but the smell of stromg alcohol was what made it disturbing for her, "Youwant to drink?" Nikki says witha cigarette planted in her mouth, "No thanks, I'm fine," "You have a very nice home here," "Yeah, I've lived in it sense Aidan was born, his step father moved us in here when we had nowhere else to go," "Oh, where is he now?" "He's dead," Nikki says carelessly, "Oh, I'm sorry for your loss," "Oh honey, don't be, that nigga was something else," "Oh okay," Linda says unsure, "Come, come, sit down and make yourself comfortable," Nikki says offering Linda a seat. Linda was still looking around the place, she saw a picture of Nikki and Aidan ina frame, "Aww, you guys looked so happy," "We were trying to be, it was hard for me and him," "I know, he told me some of the stories of you and him."

Linda looks directly at Nikki, "So, tell em about how it was like to raise Aidan," "Well, he was really something special, he got good grades, he would help me around the house, he was just a good boy all around until my pussy ass, ungrateful ass husband, decides to bully him and get on me about us just reacting together as family," "What happened after Aidan left?" "Things got worse, Aidanw asn't here but my husband was, he would hit me, yell at me like i'm his child, even bring other woman into the house, weather I saw them or not, and when I would say something, he would slap me," "Wow, that's not okay, at all," "Yeah," Nikki explains, already drunk, "But he was nothing to me after he brung the first girl in here," "How did he die?" "he was sleeping and I put molly's in his mouth, his fat ass started to choke and he dies while he was sleep," "Wow, so technically--," "I killed him, yes," "And why are you not in jail?" "It's called acting, and people around my neighborhood wanted him gone anyway," Nikki says pouring another glass of hard liquor.

"Wow, you must've really didn't like him," "I've stopped myself so many times from not killing him, especially when he was int hat little fight with Aidan, I was pissed that day," "Oh I think Aidan told me about that one," Nikki sits down ont eh couch, "So, tell me about this trial thing that's happening?" Linda sits up, "So, Aidan is fighting to get his child back, his baby momma claims that he hasn't been there but I believe that Aidan has been tryingt o get to him and she didn't want their son to see him," "Wow, and you say that my grandbaby is with Aidan?" "Yes," "IF he was a bad father i don't think my grandbaby would be so atached to him," "Exactly, so I did some of my research and digging, and she was hiding the baby from him the whole time," "Wow," "But he still needs to go to court to prove that he's the fathers child, that he didn't abandoned him, and the charges that the baby momma will be facing," Nikki shakes her head, "Why can;t he just take him?" "Because both parents need to be in the baby's life, but in this case, the baby will only have one biological parent," "Why?" "Because I want to send her to prison for leaving the baby in the apartment by himself," Nikki is shocked, "Why would she leave my grandbaby in the house by himself!?" "I'm not sure, her friend Jada was there to come and get him and preatically all of her neighbors heard him crying."

Nikki takes a sip of her drink, "Wow, seh should be behind bars," "Exactly, now you understadn how I feel," Nikki puts her glass down, "Tell me how you know my son," Nikki says looking directly at Linda, "I'm his lawyer," "Ohhhhh, and when did you become his lawyer?" " A while ago," "Has he told you about Brian?" "I met Brian, and I don;t think their friends anymore," "Why do you think that?" "Because I was there when Aidan and Brian were arguing and getting into it," "Ohhh wow, they were the beat of friends," "Yeah, I know, but I guess Brian had other plans," "Yeah," Nikki takes a sip and watches Linda, "Do you like him?" "Who??" "My son," Linda got quiet and gave her a look like she was crazy for asking her that, "Yeah, I do" Nikki sits back and puffs her cigarette, "Why do you like him?" "Your son is something else, you would've never known he came from such a background?" Nikki looked at her sideways, "And what is that suppose to mean?" "I mean.. your son is such a gentlemen, even though he got into trouble--," "Trouble???" Nikki cuts her off, "Yeah," "Oh, that boy," she says shaking her head, "He did get into trouble when he was living here with me, but they weren't bad," "Yeah, he told me that he got into trouble when he left here, but he ended up getting some help and stopped all of that," "By you?" "No, something else, but he said he handled it and he'll n ever go back, especially now because he has a son, you know?"

Nikki takes one more puff of her cigarette and puts it out, "That's amazing to hear, I always waned my son to learn for himself, but his step-father wouldn't let that happen," "How come?" "Every time he found out that Aidan did something, he went to him instead of letting his learn consequences," Linda nodded her head with a serious look on her face, "Yeah, he's pretty tough." Linda and Nikki continued to have a conversation, it got deeper and more real for Linda, she already felt things were going to go well when Aidan saw her.

Aidan sits at home and puts Evan to sleep, soon as Evan is fast asleep, Aidan goes back downstairs to the kitchen and scrolls through his phone. He was thinking about calling Brian back to see what he was up to, still felt like he was stabbed in the back and still upset about it. Aidan rolls his eyes at himself and picks up his phone, dials Brian's number and waits for him to answer, his leg was shaking a little bit in anger. Brian picks up the phone, "Hello?" "What you up to?" "Nothing, I just got back home," Aidan was silent for a minute, "What are you about to do?" "Nothing, just drink and watch TV," "Come to my house, we gon talk," Aidan demands, "Drop the address and I'll be over there." Aidan hangs up the phone and texts Brian the address, he walks to the fridge and pulls out the hard liquor, he doesn't think twice about Brian's favorite drink because he decided to make Brian drink what he drinks.