Chapter 3

Aidan set up an appointment to meet with the lawyer, she sounded intense over the phone, and she was in the middle of a meeting when he called, it seemed like she was on top of her game and she knew what she was getting into when she heard what was going on with Aidan. "So when are you meeting the pretty lady?" Brian asked, "Um, she said tomorrow, so I guess I'm seeing her tomorrow," "What time?" "She didn't really set up a time," Aidan said with a confused face, "I really think you should call her back and find that out," Aidan picks up his phone and dials she lawyers number, she doesn't pick up, "Yo, she didn't answer," "Try again," Brian said, "and what if she doesn't answer then??" Aidan asked sarcastically, "Then we gon pull up at her spot, and get this whole contract shit settled." Aidan calls her again, this time it goes straight to voicemail, "Aight man, she's not answering," Okay, let's go," they hop up and get in Brian's car and they drove off.

                                    The lawyer was standing outside her office talking to one of her co-workers, Aidan and Brian sat there for a minute observing her, "Man, I never seen a woman look so attractive in a suit," Brian commented, "It's what she haves to wear when she goes to work, besides, I'm pretty sure she has other outfits that she looks good in," Aidan said, "She should wear booty shorts when she's coming to see me," Brian said with a smirk on his face, "It's not that kind of party, we can't hit on her while she's at work," Aidan said, Brian unbuckled his seatbelt, "We'll see about that." Brian gets out the car and approach the woman, Aidan gets out the car right after him and stops to look at her, the site was something different for him, "Hey, excuse me," Brian says, "Yes?" "Me and my friend over there were wondering if you have time to talk," "And you are?" she said confused, "I'm Brian," Aidan ran up to the both of them and introduced himself, "Hi, I'm Aidan," the woman looked at Aidan with a twinkle in her eye, Aidan was flattered to shake her hand, "Nice to meet you, you must be the gentlemen I spoke with over the phone?" "Yes ma'am," "Of course, nice to meet you, of course I have time, just step right in here."

                                  The woman led both of them to the door of her office, she seemed like she was in good spirits, "Come in and have a seat," she says, the two men sat in the two chairs that were placed in front of her desk. Brian was feeling a little bit nervous to talk to the lawyer, Aidan was even more nervous because of what she would say about the case, "Okay, so lets get started," she says, "My name is Linda Beck, I heard that you wanted to bring a case to me about your baby's mother and custody of the baby, first things first I'm going to need you to fill out this paper," she hands Aidan the paper and turns to Brian and looks at him, "Is he your witness?" "Yes ma'am," "Then I'm going to need him to sign the paper too," Aidan and Brian looked at each other as calmly as they could, "And what exactly is this for," Brian asks, "This is for me and Aidan, just in case he decides to not pay me when we win this case," Aidan looked at her, as if they knew each other or something, he didn't want to say anything in the middle of them getting started though, so he kept it to himself.

                                     Linda was explaining what was going to happen in the future when the case is brought to court and what she will need for Aidan to win the case, she wasn't hard to work with, Aidan and Linda were getting along quite well in the introduction, even though Brian kept trying to make eye contact with her and steal her soul, but Linda wasn't going for it. She was more focused on Aidan, and winning, it'll promote her career and she would get paid by Aidan, she also explained that he will win money in the court room, just to take care if his son and himself, she was too excited to make Aidan happy and win her money. "Thank you so much," Aidan said, "No problem, even though we got a lot done today, I'm still going to need those evidence and proof that he's your child from blood," "Will do," Aidan said with a smile on his face. Brian walked out the door first and Aidan after him, Aidan turned around and waved bye, Linda waved bye back and Aidan left out the door.

                                    Aidan and Brian got in the car, "Bruh, she's feeling you," Brian said looking at Aidan, "Nah, she might have someone already," "How are you so sure of that?" "I don't know, I feel like I know her from somewhere though," "Like where?" "Probably high school, her face looks so familiar," "Maybe when you see her again, you should bring it up," "Yeah, maybe I will." They drove around for a bit to see where they can get some food, they stopped at 'The Subway Shop'. Aidan walked inside and Brian walked after him, they found that the atmosphere of the carry-out was suspicious, so they looked around and observed. They both go to the cashier and ordered their food, their order was something simple and bland, Aidan loves meat, like when him and his baby-momma were getting along, they were always around each other and Ivy always craved meat, by his understanding, before she was pregnant she wouldn't eat meat at all. Aidan was busy thinking about the good things that use to happen with him and Ivy, "Yo?" Brian interrupted Aidan, "Wassup?" Aidan replied, "You good?" "Nah, I'm just thinking about my situation," Brian sat there for a few seconds and looked straight at Aidan, he knew what was going on in his head, he just wanted him to say it.

                                 "What about it?" Brian asked, "Just how me and my baby-momma was happy," I kind of want that back now, just so my daughter or son grow up without her or me, I care too," Aidan explains, "You ever heard of co-parenting?" "Yeah, but I don't want it to be that way," "I mean, If you and Ivy can't get along, then that's what it will have to be," Brian says, Aidan knew the feelings didn't go away a little bit, he wasn't expecting this relationship status be complicated. Aidan always dream about having an actual family, because he never had one, he was happy when he found out his girl was pregnant, but Ivy had different plans, and kept the baby. She went to college for a computer science major for a year and when she had the baby, she broke up with Aidan. Aidan was hard on himself that day, and Brian was there sense Day 1 and he knew everything that happened with Aidan sense his father walked out of his life, they became best friends after the sad event for Aidan. They then finished their sandwiches, Brian got his key to unlock the car and headed out the door, when they got in the car Aidan and Brian sat there for a second.

                               "Brian?" "Wassup?" "I want a family," Aidan said with true heart, " I know, I want you to have a family of your own, I feel like that would be the only thing that would make you happy," Brian said, starting the engine, "Yeah, I think so too." As they were leaving the parking lot, they were on their way back to the crib and Aidan is trying not to think about this, "You still want to talk about it, man?" Brian asked, "Nah, I'm just trying to forget it because it makes me think too much about my past and what I want to be to my child," Aidan said thinking much deeper than before. When they go to Brian's crib, Aidan went straight to Brian's guest room, Brian didn't want to stop him this time, Brian knows the pain of losing family and something that you really care about.

'