Chapter 15

Evan woke up crying a few hours later, Aidan takes a break from his research to go and check on him, when Aidan got upstairs, he saw that Evan was crying uncontrolibly, he comforts his son, "What's wrong buddy, you had a nightmare?" "Are the monsters going to take me away from you, daddy?" "No son, there are no monsters, what exactly happened in your dream buddy?" "The monsters came and got me out of my room while I was sleeping and they were wearing blue and they had guns," Evan was talking fast and shaking like he saw a ghost, but Aidan knew what he was trying to say. He takes him downstairs to the dining roon table and purs him a cup of apple juice, "You okay now, buddy?" Evan knods his head, "It'll be alright," he says to evan with a smile. Just then, Aidan's phone rings, "This is a call from "The Correctional Facility, Press 3 to accept the call," Aidan looks at his phone suspiciously, but he accepts that call, "Yes?" "Where's my son?" "Why do you give a fuck about him," "Because that's my son, Aidan! You can't keep him away from me!" "Well look who's here for him now, what do you want ivy?" "I want to speak to my son," "Okau, we'll see what he says," Aidan turns to Evan, "Hey buddy, mommy is on the phone," Evan sits there witha blank look on his face and shakes his head.

"He doesn't want to talk to you, Ivy," "Stop trying to keep him away from me," "My son has a mind of his own, he doesn't want to talk to you," Ivy starts crying over the phone, "Why doesn't he want to talk to me?" she says sobbing, "I don't know, maybe it's becasue he doesn't like you Ivy," "But I'm his mother!" "And I'm his father, atleast he has one of us on his side," "You're not on his side, you wanted this to happen so you can have him to yourself," "Ivy--," "You'll be hearing from my lawyers and I will have my son back, so don't get comfortable," We're alrealdy a big happy family with just me and him," "Don't say that!" she says yelling over the phone, Aidan over hears the guard, "Alright Immate, it's time for you to get off," "No please, five more minutes! I need to talk to my so--," the phone hangs up, "Please let su know how the quality was or hang up the line, have a nice day!" the voicemail says, Aidan hangs up the phone.

He sits there shaking his head, then he thinks about Jay again, he goes to the computer and looks around on Jays page again, he scrolls pass something but he had to do a double take, he scrolls back up, he sees naked pictures on her profile page and gets very very upset. Evan was sitting right there and didn't want to get upset or roudy in front of him, Aidan grabs his phone and goes to the patio, he dials Jay's phone number and calls her immediately.

Jay doesn't pick up the phone, he calls her again, and she answers, "Jay," "Yes, Aidan," "I went online and saw naked pictures of you on your 'OutBook' profile, Why are there nudes of you on the internet?!" Aidan yells, "Wait, there are?" "What do you mean there are? Yes! There are your nudes going around on the internet!" Jay doesn't say anything, she's surprised herself, "Okay, I'm going to need you to show me where thesde pictures are," "I'm coming to you right now!" Aidan demanded, "No! Don't come right now, I'm busy," "Busy doing what, Jay?!" "Um, I gotta go, I'll come to your house later," Jay hangs up the phone quickly, Aidan is still very upset with her, and she's really acting funny, so his gut wasn't wrong, "What is going on with her?" he asks himself. He goes back inside and sees that Evan is no longer at the table, he calls out his name, "Yes daddy?" "Oh, you alright buddy?" "Yeah, I'm okay now," Evan says playing with his toys. Aidan goes to his computer and logs out of his account and shuts the computer down, he doesn't know what to think of her.

Aidan's line blings on his phone, it's a text from Linda and it reads, "Hey Aidan, we need to talk, is it okay if I come over?" Aidan was hesitant, he didn't know what to say to her becuase he was in such a bad mood, but he needed to get things done, "Sure, I'm here all evening, take your time getting here," he replied, she answers him in a heartbeat, "Okay, I'll be over there in about 10 minutes," Aidan closes his phone and sits at the dining room table and waits for her to get there. When Linda arrives, Evan sits in the living room playing with his toy trucks, "Hello Evan, how are you?" "I'm good," Evan says with a smile, he goes back to playing with his toy, "Aidan! I'm here!" Linda calls out, "Hey," Aidan greets her as he's walking down the stairs," Linda looks at him with a concerned look, "Why do you look upset?" Aidan walks pass her without saying a word, headed to the kitchen, "It's a long story," he says, going to the fridge to get a bottle of wine, "Rough day?" "Yeah, sort of," "How can you have a rough day, you don't have a job and you're home all day with your son?" "Not if you find out secrets about the one you like." Linda grew silent.

She wanted to ask questions, but she didn't want t but in or get upset herself, "Oh, damn, well I hope you figure it out," Aidan just sits there, looking into space and zoning out. Linda takes her briefcase and sits it on the breakfast bar, "Alright, so I found out what you can do to change Evan's name, it's a very simple process when you first start, but you would have to wait for an approval and the government will push it through and your son will have his new name," "Okay, that's not a problem," Aidan says with an angry look on him face, Linda takes more papers out of her briefcase and stares at him, "What's really going on?" "Why do you wanna know so bad?" "It's not that, I might be your lawyer helping you out with your son, but I'm also your friend, I care about you and your life, and if I didn't, I wouldn't be here," "Why do you think that, any other lawyer would've taken my case," Linda looks at him as if he was talking crazy, "So you think you wouldn't need me if someone else was here," "No, I wouldn't, women are always hiding something," "Just like how men wouldn't?" Aidan was silent.

"How do you know if men tell lies all the time?" "I can ask the same thing to you about women," "Why do you think just anyone would take this case, it's hard for parents to get your child back in a lot of cases," "I could get my son back?" "Then what was your plan before your friend brought you to me?" "To literally go drive to her house and take him back," "And got to jail?" Linda shot back, "I wouldn't go to jail because that's my son," "They don't care about that, she's the mother of the child," "And?" Aidan said, waiting for an answer, "And, you can lose everything you worked for if you went to go and kidnap your son, a lot of charges would be against you," "Okay, so why does she matter now?" "Because she can be released from jail and take your son back, the ending result of that is, you would got to jail or you would have nothing, not even this house," Aidan stared at her with fear, "Okay" he responded quietly, he took a sip of his drink, Linda sighs, "I know what you're going through, it's a lot of stress to go through when it comes to your child, but there is no need to get upset over someone that doesn't care about you."

Aidan sits there and thinks, he continues to drink his wine. "I know I shouldn't be stressing, I know I shouldn't be upset, this just keep happening over and over and over again to me, and I don't know why, I mean, with Ivy--," "Ivy has other victims," Linda says cutting him off, "She wasn't stable from the start, we all know that, she has many cases on her head and you're not the only victim," "How do you know that?" "Because I've seen her many times before," Aidan was silent once again, "You have?" Aidan says looking confused, "Yes, Ivy has been in the court room many times before," Aidan didn't believe what he was hearing, he was shook, "Tell me everything."