Chapter 20

"I KNEW IT,  I KNEW YOU WAS SLEEPING WITH HIM!" Aodan looks at Linda and back at Jay, "It's ,not true.." Jay looks at her phone and back at Aidan, "Aidan, it's not what you think.." "Answer it..." Aidan says, "Aidan.." he lets Linda go, "ANSWER IT!" he yells in Jay's face. Jay is in shock, "Put it on speaker.." Aidan said with a disgusting look on his face, she taps answer, "Helloo.." "Hey babe, are you coming over tonight, I miss you," Aidan was shocked and angry, " Um, sure, yeah, I'll come, I need to talk to you anyway," "Yeah, she needs to talk to you," Aidan said hostile, "Wait, who was that?" Brian says confused, "Your little bro," it was silent over on the other side, the line hangs up. "Why did he just hang up?" Aidan says, "I don't know," Aidan stands back nodding his head slowly, "Come on, Linda, get in the car," "Aidan.." Jay says desperately, "DON'T TOUCH ME!" Aidan screams, Jay is shaking. "If you ever come near me, Linda, or my son again, you WILL be sorry," he says with his hand in her face, he looks at her up and down and Jay crouches against her car. 

Jay breaks out in tears and rushes to get into her car, she starts her car and speeds off onto the street, Aidan and Linda watches her drive off to make sure she leaves, they head back to the car and get in it. Aidan looks in the back seat and sees that Evan is sleeping, Linda laughs, "He's always sleep," "No, it's just passed his bedtime," Aidan says laughing. Aidan pulls out of the drive way and onto the street, he puts the address to Linda's mom's house on his GPS, on the way there, the ride is peaceful and quiet. "I knew she was talking to him, the whole time," Aidan didn't want to talk about it at the moment, but he didn't want to ignore Linda neither, "Yeah, I know," he said with his head down, "Now I know how you feel," they come to a red light, Linda looks at him and grabbed his hand, "It'll be okay, she wasn't met to be in your life anyway," "or him," He says with a little hostility. 

They finally get to the destination and Linda gets out of the car, she walks up the steps and knocks on the front door, "Mom, I'm here to get Kenny," she hears the door fiddling and her mother opens the door, "Hello, daughter of mine," her mother says, trying to be funny, "Hello mom," Linda says with a grin on her face, "Where is she?" "She's on the couch, I gave her a bath, and got her dressed," "Did she eat?" "No" "Mom!" "What?? I was hoping you would do that for me, I got tired so I wasn't going to cook," "Fine," Linda says shaking her head, walking fully into the house, she sees Kenny sleeping on the couch, "How long has she been sleep?" "Not that long, I know she's hungry though," Linda's mother says, chuckling, Linda shakes her head and chuckles with her. She grabs Kenny's bag and picks her up off of the couch, she puts Kenny over her shoulder and heads for the front door, "I'll see you later mom?" "Of course, darling, come by anytime," "Okay, mom, I love you, thanks again," Linda says walking out the door, "you're welcomed honey, I love you too." 

Linda heads back to the car and Aidan gets out of the car, he grabs Kenny's bag from Linda and puts it in the backseat, Linda walks towards Aidan and gives Kenny to him, he puts her in the backseat and straps her in as Linda is getting in the car. As Aidan is getting in the car, Linda's mother is peeking out of the window, she saw Linda get in the car, but is wondering who's the man driving the car, she smiles and shuts her curtains as Aidan is pulling off. Headed back to the house, Linda hears sirens but she doesn't know where there coming from, she's steady looking out of the window. She sees a huge car accident, three cars wrecked, the glass and parts to the cars on the road, even the road is blocked off, Linda's eyes widen, "Aidan?" "Wassup??" "I think that was Jay's car.." Aidan looks at Linda, confused, "What do you mean you think that was her? Why do you care?" Linda looks over at him, "Look, I know we just got into it, but she can be seriously hurt," Aidan looks over at her and stops at a red light, "Well, maybe Brian can rescue her," Linda looks out the window again, wishing things weren't the way they were. 

As Aidan presses the gas and the car starts to move steady, she studies the scene, everything is out of place, but she doesn't see any bodies, "They might've came and got them already," Linda says to herself, "Who got who?" "The ambulance, they might've came and got her already," Aidan rolls his eyes and keeps driving. Linda looks away from the scene and looks to her feet, she's not sure what she saw, but she hopes it's not what she thinks, just then her phone starts to ring, she answers, "Hey Samantha," "Hey, Lin, how at you?" "I'm alright, how are you," "I'm pretty good," "Are you sure, I haven't seen you in like two days," "Oh everything is alright, I just had to get away from the house for a few days," Oh alright, well are you coming back, tonight?" Linda looks over at Aidan, "Not tonight," "Oh okay, well I'll watch over your house for you," "Alright, I really appreciate it," "No problem," there was a short pause over the phone, "Well, I'll talk to you later, it's getting late," "Alright, thanks for checking on me," "No problem, see you later." 

Linda hangs up the phone and looks down at the floor thinking, Aidan looks over at her and back on the road, he bites his lips. When they get back to the house, Aidan parks the car and sits it in the drive way, "You okay?" Aidan asks, Linda looks at him, she smiles, "I'm fine now, I'm just thinking about what I just saw," "Well don't worry about it, I'm sure it's nothing," Linda nods her head, "Yeah, I guess." Aidan gets out of the car and Linda follows behind, Aidan grabs both of the kids and Linda gets Kenny's book-bag, they head to the front door, "Grab the keys from my pocket," Aidan says holding his leg out, Linda grabs the keys, "Is it this one?" "How did you know, you be watchin' me?" Aidan says laughing, "Yeah, whatever," Linda grins, and turns into a laugh. They both walk into the house, "I'll go put the kids to bed," "Alright, I'll get dinner ready," Linda says with a smile on her face. 

Linda puts Kenny's book-bag on the breakfast bar and grabs the food to cook a meal. Aidan makes his way back downstairs, "The kids are in bed," "Where did you lay Kenny?" "With Evan, she's just on the other end," "Oh alright, don't let your son kick my child," Linda laughed, "Yeah right, Evan isn't a wild sleeper," Aidan laughs, "Well, hopefully he won't wake her up with his cries," "Yeah, I hope so too," Aidan says with a smile, Linda takes out the tools she would need, Aidan looks at Linda from the back, he thought her curves and butt really matched her personality, he never really looked at her before. Aidan walks up behind Lind and helps her wash off the dishes she would need, Linda snugs on Aidan and takes a deep breath, she rests in his arms and it felt good, to her she's been wanting to do that with him for a while, and more. Aidan continues to stand behind Linda as she's cooking, Linda's world all of a sudden seemed brighter, it was almost like her luck was kicking in.