Chapter 2 - Wrong Assumptions

Christian

I was definitely not looking for anything serious or otherwise, but Dani was determined to make me take her friend out. Every time she mentioned how supposedly perfect this girl was I couldn't help but roll my eyes. Having met a majority of the girls she hangs out with I knew I would only be disappointed; at least it'll end in a few fucks if she's hot enough.

The girls in our circle are spoilt princesses with high hopes they can live off of their fathers then eventually their rich husbands. They didn't feel the need to be educated anywhere past knowing how to give semi-decent head, spread their legs for any guy with a big enough bank account and hope to God they trap the poor man with a baby. Of course I want to be a dad but it'll be a cold fucking day in hell before any one of them was the mother of my children.

Yeah, I had a privileged upbringing of private schools, town cars and galas but knowing what my family did for a living always reminded me that we weren't like the basic 1%. I was taught that with our family holding such a respected role in our business, it was expected that each member maintain that reverence in whatever we did, especially when choosing who we bring into the fold. I could never raise my successor with one of these barbie wannabes, even though they were all that surrounded me. The closest I got to tying the knot was Charlotte, a mistake that almost found me making the worst decision of my life: settling.

My life as a crime boss was inevitable, but I didn't want my affiliation with the mafia to limit me. After my grandfather retired and I became Capo, I branched out and built an empire. Gramps had always stuck to mafia business not concerning himself with legal enterprises, but I needed to ensure that the Marino name was known in business, crime and law. With all my focus on work, it got easier for me to stop trying to find whatever type of girl it is I was looking for.

Dani's the first girl our grandparents had approved of so when she said yes to going out with Raf, I'm pretty sure my Grams was happier than him, now there was another girl around to soften the "overwhelming testosterone". For me it just meant that Sunday dinners were going to be a little less unbearable with my grandmother's pressures for grandchildren concentrated elsewhere. I trusted no-one except my family, so it took a while longer for me to warm to Dani outside of work, once I did it was clear to see why they loved her.

She's like the baby sister I never asked for, so it's pretty hard to say no to her. I figured I'd go on this 'date' to get Dani off my back and it wouldn't be the end of the world if I fucked another random priss. She told me to be on my best behavior because it's her best friend, somebody different from the girls we know but I was sure she'd be the same as the rest in the end.

***

I'm a man that can admit when I'm wrong, and this is one of those times. I can honestly say I've never met anyone like her. She's smart, funny and sexy as fuck. It's been a few months since the date, and I can still remember everything that had me hanging on to her every word. I got to the restaurant a little early and headed for the bar hoping a few shots of whiskey could carry me through the night; and I figured if I saw her before I met her, I could leave if I wasn't interested.

I was a little taken aback when I heard the hostess ask for a reservation name and a soft voice replied with mine, looking up I was more than happy with what I saw. I watched as she sat down making herself comfortable, then I carried on observing in amusement as she scoped out the setting like it was the last place she wanted to be. It was charming how she seemed to be entertaining herself with her own thoughts. I figured it was time I stepped in, when she started chuckling to herself spontaneously; it was undoubtedly cute, but she looked uncomfortable enough to ditch, and I didn't want her to. As I walked over she took notice, the look on her face told me I would have her riding me regardless of how this date turned out, and I could not wait.