Chapter 14 - Vasiliev's Army

Alesha

I felt Christian's grip on my hip tighten as he turned trying to shield me. I closed my eyes waiting for the pain to set in. Nothing. Peeking through my lids, I opened my eyes one at a time to Christian facing me, a look of relief mixed with growing fury clouded his expression. Did this... Vaseline guy actually just shoot at me or am I freaking out to the point of hearing and seeing things?

"You know Vasiliev, I underestimated you. You must have some big ass fucking balls to break in here and not only threaten me but her. Of all the people you could've gone after, really?" Christian spoke enraged with his eyes tightly shut before calmly opening them to mine. "I really hope you know how this ends for you. At least you'll get to die with your men here by your side."

"At least my men have yet to turn on me. I should remember to thank Mr Howard for letting us in tonight. Marino, the more you talk, the more I want to break you down to nothing, til you're begging for me to stop. You were right to take the bullet, thank you; your wife will have more fun being ripped apart by my men and I before killing her, all while you watch."

His "take the bullet" comment had me scanning Christian's body looking for a wound, but he wasn't bleeding. It was only then that the man's words started settling in, along with my panic.

"After that show, I can't imagine there will be much more breaking to be done before killing you too. I can't promise you'll have as good a time as I will. Отведи их в спальню. Убей его, если придется, но она мне нужна живьем. Она получит прощальный трах, которого она действительно заслуживает."
(Take them to the bedroom. Kill him if you have to, but I need her alive. She will get the farewell fuck she really deserves.)

I didn't know what he said but Vasiliev broke into a sadistic grin as his men all started chuckling loudly. My eyes were glued to them as they started walking down the stairs toward us, their guns lazily trained on Christian's back. Their stares were disturbing, raking over my body. I was oblivious to how deep my nails were digging into Christian's waist and the tears spilling from my eyes until he lifted his hand wiping my face.

"Don't worry about them. Look at me. Nothing will happen to you."

I nodded my head, staring into his eyes. He smiled back at me, but it wasn't his usual charming, endearing smile. It was one I'd never seen on him before, this one was devilish almost identical to the one Vasiliev wore. The attraction I felt earlier was now being smothered with a growing fear.

He raised a brow turning to the men who had now made their way directly behind him and were reaching out to grab his shoulders. The deep red seeping through his white dress shirt caught my eye. He was shot, the wound kept pumping out blood, leaving a trail straight from his shoulder blade down to his waist.

As soon as one of the men had their hand on his shoulder, Christian grabbed his wrist, pushing back on his palm until there were crisp snapping sounds signaling his hand was broken. It happened so fast no-one was able to gauge what took place till the man's roaring scream tore through the halls.

In the blink of an eye Christian had snatched his gun and was shooting off automatic rounds. The bullets were slicing through different parts of every man. Tearing through arms, legs, throats and heads. My mind was shouting for me to run for safety and do anything but stand watching all this go down, but I couldn't, my dumb-ass legs stood still.

Every single man was on the floor letting out painful pleas and groans as they bled to death while Christian pulled a knife from the jacket of his first victim and plunged it into his chest over and over and over again. Once he lay on the floor lifeless, Christian proceeded to tend to the others, echoing the same merciless blows to their chests until there was a screeching silence. By the time he was done, there wasn't an inch of his body not covered in the blood of the men strewn all over the marble floor.

This was nothing like in the movies. There were pieces of limbs everywhere and heads practically severed from corpses. The sounds of their screams and shrieks were haunting and the squelch of the knife passing through their flesh pierced my eardrums. Not to mention the smell, it was instantaneous. It smelt like an unusual combination of rotting vomit and metal.

I shuddered out of my trance when I heard a loud boisterous laugh like that of a lunatic.

"IVAN! COME ON DOWN, COME SEE WHAT I'VE DONE TO YOUR MEN! IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I'VE TAKEN PART IN THAT KIND OF ENTERTAINMENT, I'VE MISSED IT! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE HOW LONG YOU HOLD OUT WHILE I SKIN YOU ALIVE!"

His chest was rising and falling at a pace that let me know the adrenaline was still surging through his veins. His screams to the empty house came to a halt when he noticed me standing in the same spot. I wonder if he can see the terror in my eyes, because I only just realized how violently my body was shaking.

Christian

I didn't know what to do. Her whole body was shaking uncontrollably. Her eyes stapled wide in disbelief, red from the streams of tears flooding her face. I stepped forward with outstretched arms wanting to hold and comfort her but seeing that my usual ivory toned arms were slathered in a crimson hue, with a gun and knife still in hand, I changed my mind. Doesn't mean I was oblivious to her flinch as I moved toward her.

She's scared of me.

I was straight back in defense mode when I heard the front door open. Antoni and Sebastian came walking in.

"Boss we just s..."

Without hesitation I put a bullet in his head. Fucking traitor.

JJ x